Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

inXile General Discussion Thread

Xeon

Augur
Would be kinda cool if they could make a Shadowrun game.

Väderhatt

Novice
FPS/RPG, eh? I would not mind something similar to Deus Ex, KC D or Dark Messiah. Optimistic as always !

Xeon

Augur
Not sure if anyone knows who Sponger is but apparently he says:
"First project is Chad Moore's baby (still not sure about the nature of the project, but don't expect it before 2024). Second one in the infancy has some relation to the "events" in 2020.
Link

Zombra, I think Microsoft own the Shadowrun IP or something? so I am just saying it could be possible and I am all for it if they make it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Full post: https://www.resetera.com/threads/xb...ating-innocence.308722/page-254#post-55699123

First project is Chad Moore's baby (still not sure about the nature of the project, but don't expect it before 2024). Second one in the infancy has some relation to the "events" in 2020.

This year the team at inXile will massively grow.

More important thing is that deeper integration with BGS will bring some great things to the development table (XGS integration already happened and it's happening). This will be extraordinary year for everyone at inXile - a true breakthrough year !

pidstuff

Educated
My understanding of this is to force people into playing XBOX. Bethesda will be busy with their space game, so while there isn't any Fallout, you'll be busy playing Avowed, and the year after that, it'll probably be whatever inXile is making, and then the next Bethesda first person RPG, and so on. Being an isometric/overview RPG fan is suffering.

Readher

Savant
My understanding of this is to force people into playing XBOX. Bethesda will be busy with their space game, so while there isn't any Fallout, you'll be busy playing Avowed, and the year after that, it'll probably be whatever inXile is making, and then the next Bethesda first person RPG, and so on. Being an isometric/overview RPG fan is suffering.
It's certainly a good business strategy, because AAA RPGs are probably the most sought "hardcore" (no sports, yearly FPS and casual games) games with constant deficit. The reason they pretty much always sell well even if they're shit is because they come out so rarely, that some people just need their fix, no matter the quality.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I wonder David Rogers will take the director role for the second project. I'd assume he will direct WL3 expansions at least.

(I see someone at the ResetEra thread musing about the possibility of a Fallout game by inXile. Maybe Fallout 1 remake as a 3D isometric game or something.)

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Fallout 1 would greatly benefit from:

- Increased game speed
- You can click on one edge of the map to make the Vault Dweller run there
- bugfixes

fuck, that's really the only barrier I'm running into. I wouldnt mind how hard it is if the game was a little smoother/faster

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why on earth would any company release an isometric Fallout at this point? Fallout is inextricable with first-person games in the eyes of millions, it would just make consumers mad. Old schoolers who want more 3/4-view RPGs can have more Wasteland games.

This would be a passion project for wild-eyed modders, not a product for an actual developer with bills to pay to consider.

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I really wish they’d try if the ice holds and made a game that wasn’t built around the fluidity of a shooter, but one that dives a bit deeper on what pnp games have to offer with interactivity and built upon that. A bit unconventional combat systems and controls that, however, offer a tactical and systems driven RPG experience; and a core experience that is based on different forms of character based interactivity.

Something along the lines of how Daggerfall worked with it’s controls and character systems.

But meh. /Fabulously optimistic wishful...

Last edited:

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
So now that InXile is the greatest cRPG developer in the world, what are some of their classics I should check out before playing Wasteland 3?

Readher

Savant
Why on earth would any company release an isometric Fallout at this point? Fallout is inextricable with first-person games in the eyes of millions, it would just make consumers mad. Old schoolers who want more 3/4-view RPGs can have more Wasteland games.

This would be a passion project for wild-eyed modders, not a product for an actual developer with bills to pay to consider.
MS released Gears Tactics, an X-COM-like game, even though the Gears franchise is inextricable with third-person cover shooter games.

Yoomazir

Educated
Hunted: The Demon's Forge, I will forever remember that elf booty.

Pics please

D97C206D1F302E815E9299744E46183B5545A017

CDA75E5E39D2C971822E98562E69805D353FA361

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Fargo>Urquhart

Unfortunately it doesn't have the end.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
As a Shatner fan, loved that story. He has a special, suave & vain & theatrically exaggerated way of talking, everyone knows that, that audio guy was out of line. https://youtu.be/XwMr6_Q18Z4?t=334
Can't make remarks like that to a native English speaker. If he pronounces it like that, it's deliberate, it's an actor's choice for his character.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom