Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

octavius

Arcane
Patron
dxhr2018-03-1421-00-3hejmm.jpg

Is that Radioactive Man?

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally, got rid of that trickster weirdo and his army of autistic insect-beasts.
L2ZJtVC.png

Can't say I'm fond of Thief Gold lategam. You can go all in a killing spree (and even encouraged in a side mission) if you want to, even on Expert difficulty. Also the setting is more linear than the earlier missions: just cave networks and a bit of woodland.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
I still think that DX:HR is better than CP2077 from the graphics/visuals point of view, with a more interesting cyberpunk style.

PAkN3c8.png

YQaeLHS.png

L4Llhvd.png

vGfEHMU.png

XVkSZ5X.png

cOoLw6v.png

HE5BTQQ.png

Am5ZsVc.png

Qye7cz3.png

nDeCfbs.png

2BfficJ.png

IW8gBLm.png

EJM33hs.png

Fx23PAb.png

UkhOmc0.png

JocBiyi.png

lpPEN0K.png

Still funny this is supposed to take place before the original Deus Ex.
Say what you want, but I much prefer Deus Ex's more grounded artstyle: Adds much more to the believability of the setting as opposed to the world somehow turning into some highly futuristic technocracy with floating cities in about 6 years from now.

Last edited:

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Frontier is pretty cool so far. It's a little janky but that's fine. I'm only about an hour into it and it's still establishing the situation, but as far as I understand there are 3 paths: Legion, NCR splinter group and some other independent group. I think I'm going to go with the independent group, then maybe go back to my save to try the other paths
lwZx3qa.jpg

eaZK0v8.jpg

No idea what this means yet
xgWR1ni.jpg

QpTjiy2.jpg

l6D8cCD.jpg

quorUyb.jpg

lDztqx5.jpg

tVb6YZF.jpg

Learned
Direktor's cut is also based on the...Wii U version instead of the 360/PC one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/c...x_human_revolution_original_vs_directors_cut/

The Director's Cut wasn't even a free upgrade for owners of the original game and the DLC. Square Enix just gave a discount to those people. Imagine paying for a downgrade merged with a DLC that breaks the flow of the game.

SE also announced it as a Wii U exclusive. Only fan feedback led to its PC port.

Sure, being a Wii U port led to worse graphics and The Missing Link ruins the pacing, and there's that scary list of bugs, but hindsight is 20/20. Can't blame the fans for asking to play the DC when it was marketed as the definitive version.

wahrk

Learned
Even on the highest settings Human Revolution won't look that good. The Director's Cut made it look even worse with the removal of the "piss filter" that everybody hated so much.

Direktor's cut is also based on the...Wii U version instead of the 360/PC one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/c...x_human_revolution_original_vs_directors_cut/

Is that why it runs like complete ass on my PC even though it has no good reason to? Mankind Divided runs just fine on higher settings.

spekkio

Arcane
Just grab the Fatgirl version like the rest of us:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Twin Pack

Includes: Complete Edition, v1.4.651.0/v1.4.66.0 + Director's Cut, v2.0.66.0/Update 1

- You can install either Complete Edition or Director's Cut or both with any number of voiceovers,
- Selective Download feature: you can skip downloading and installing of voiceover files, "Making of" video for DC and unused Japanese files.
- Significantly smaller archive size (compressed from cumulative 43.4 to 5.1~9.8 GB, depending on selected components).
:roll:

*Edit: Complete Edition = Main Campaign + The Missing Link as a separate campaign (the good old way).

A horse of course

Just grab the Fatgirl version like the rest of us:

:roll:

*Edit: Complete Edition = Main Campaign + The Missing Link as a separate campaign (the good old way).
Aren't those Fitgirl repacks loaded with miners and other such stuff?

I've used fit
>girl
for years.

There are a lot of automated phishing sites if you just type "fitgirl" into a search engine, though.

Yldr

Educated
UABiRWQ.jpg

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (2010)

Extremely low enemy variety, Simon Says platforming, Simon Says bosses, Simon Says chase sequences, needless time-wasting orb hunting, constant minicutscenes that break the pacing... new flaws just keep piling on and to top it all off the beautiful early levels eventually get replaced with ugly industrial environments that feel more like busywork.

The writing is pure trash and really brings the game further down; the premise is aggressively alienating and its implications are never addressed, typical rockstar writer wank where no one dared provide third-party editiorial supervision to point out that other characters have no reason to sacrifice themselves for the writer's pet.

It has its moments, with some gorgeous levels and stellar character animations, but by the time the credits rolled I was just glad it was over.

ttA8H5t.jpg

mpKuHRz.jpg

IvtcDVp.jpg

PCh4U4A.jpg

UABiRWQ.jpg

lgusDf5.png

eXqBySK.png

2k70dTk.jpg

RRVJjWR.png

HZRjaT1.png

nBffa03.jpg

NawJXf1.png

Eh9z7Gb.png

galiM2E.jpg

kLbp29Q.png

9c3aDv0.png

7961Wqw.png

MWz40kk.jpg

rrclhKG.png

G1oTp1m.png

kP7SJGp.jpg

7eBzAi8.png

bSmmjLh.png

haLRl3f.png

xB1bLQO.png

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
I liked it very much, despite its obvious shortcomings. Fun gameplay and writing isn't that bad at all. Generally, it's a fun "3D Prince of Persia" clone.

It's quite telling that Trip's ass is in like 75% of my screenshots (lower ratio ITT), yet does not appear in any posted by Yldr. :roll:

:gay!:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
BTW, the ZX Spectrum is having a kind of renaissance in these years, mainly from Slavic developers.
I wonder if this is because of severe autism, or because they cannot afford anything better.

Hey, some of those 8-bit computers can buy you (weird, i know) a graphic card that can turn the latest CDPR game into a bug-less masterpiece. Or at least run it at bazillion fps. Well maybe not bazillion but run it. If you wanted to play it, for some demented reason.

Seriously though, as all thing that aren't produced anymore but for which there is demand - even if very small, they're not getting any cheaper with time.

I'll go with autism. Or having a hobby.

Psquit

Arcane
XUs3kd6.jpg

OSQavpK.jpg

krch7uG.jpg

3AD3qJx.jpg

These lines age well.

9dHNFks.jpg

Pathetic
oP3WsI7.jpg

DyD4tEP.jpg

Z8FQDcz.jpg

Finally, I beat this abomination of a game. Fallout 4 is the definition of franchise attrition, the story makes little sense, characters are flat and boring. At the end of the day, the core gameplay works, and mods will always make Bethesda games adequate but Vanilla fallout 4 is hell and i'm glad it's over.

Yldr

Educated
hKMRF01.png

Blair Witch (2019)

The ending section devolves into a tedious guessing game vs the level designers, but apparently despite how short the game is most people stop playing long before they get there.

That would explain the numerous awards it got: the early game does about everything right and all in all it's a well put together adventure with a powerful atmosphere.

As far as walking simulators go, it's hard to fault it.

q7S3u0L.png

LUjcR9Y.png

5pDqyFd.png

39bgets.png

qb5D5pd.png

LlT4puR.png

zOkp0Wj.png

cTNWPi4.png

zCrqvET.png

1i6VtJ9.png

r2yvGn0.png

k35gHUj.png

Bonus pic: the all-seeing MXAO debug mode was quite helpful during the pointless instakill darkness puzzles.

zYTLud1.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom