Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: The Frontier - New Vegas mod set in Portland and full of prosperous content

Pompey

Novice
Who exactly is America? The only things I know is that she is part of the Crusaders, her parents abandoned her, and with 100 speech you can make her your slave. Is there anything more to learn about her?
Only that she is a self insert for the mod authors slave-master fetish.
Is that true? Having a scalie on the team is one thing but having someone with a slave fetish also?

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
Who exactly is America? The only things I know is that she is part of the Crusaders, her parents abandoned her, and with 100 speech you can make her your slave. Is there anything more to learn about her?
Only that she is a self insert for the mod authors slave-master fetish.
Is that true? Having a scalie on the team is one thing but having someone with a slave fetish also?
Dude, there is so much degenerate shit in this mod that a psychologist would have a field day with this. I have an aunt who dated someone who worked in the game industry and he told her that there is so much sexual degeneracy and perversions in the industry that it's an open secret. Wouldn't surprise me that the modding community is the same.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Still amazed that there are spergs that hated FO3 yet played the original campaign + all the DLC
I did that because I hate myself

Alien Ship - awful level and encounter design
Redneck land - cool setting, but enemies are buffed in the most retarded way hence awful encounters
BoS Crusade - CoD in Fagout engine
Chinese war - CoD in Fagout engine part 2, although you can do it right from the vault and completely break the game' balance
Pittsburg thing - cool setting and I can't remember anything outrageous about this, so maybe we will call this one good

Thus, 1 good, 1 potentially good but ruined by awful enemy design, 3 outrageously bad. Not bad by Shittesda standards, I shall say

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Salute to those who sacrificed their sanity to tell the tale, that was good read.
EsIoi21XEAUDyFi

1611030182360.png

1610928456067.png
a lot of hateboner for Enclave in this mod for some reasons we all can guess why

Last edited:

RangerBoo

Arcane
I don't get the hate for the Enclave. They were made to be a parody and satire of 90's Neocons, the CIA and Deep State. There wasn't really a lot of thought put into them other then them being generic baddies until New Vegas. Yet according to these developers they are a representation of Trump supporters. Funny, from what I know of Trump supporters is that they hate Neocons, the CIA and Deep State. Maybe if there was more diversity of thought amongst the developers they would have learned that but instead they created a safe space echo chamber for themselves during development. From what I learned from my friends on our private Discord the developers have banned anyone who is giving their mod criticism and doesn't share their political views. That is not the behavior of adults but overgrown children.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I don't get the hate for the Enclave. They were made to be a parody and satire of 90's Neocons, the CIA and Deep State. There wasn't really a lot of thought put into them other then them being generic baddies until New Vegas. Yet according to these developers they are a representation of Trump supporters. Funny, from what I know of Trump supporters is that they hate Neocons, the CIA and Deep State. Maybe if there was more diversity of thought amongst the developers they would have learned that but instead they created a safe space echo chamber for themselves during development. From what I learned from my friends on our private Discord the developers have banned anyone who is giving their mod criticism and doesn't share their political views. That is not the behavior of adults but overgrown children.
I take it they actually trying to hide in political discourse another downside of the mod - no, you can't join the Enclave because they didn't have time to write them as actual faction since all the valuable time was lost on barely disguised fetishes and NCR campaign scripting. Then why not go hunting for woke points? Or so they thought.

RangerBoo

Arcane

I love how the developers were condescending with this loading screen. They didn't have to add anything at all about the Enclave or even add them expect maybe for a few minor references. Yet they had to get their digs in at those "evil alt-Right fascist LARP'ers". Truth be told I don't think anyone would have cared but the developers sure let it get under their skin which I find funny.

RangerBoo

Arcane
"no you can't have freedom of choice because we deem that choice to be bad"
videogames sure have become better
According to Twitter and gaming journalists, gaming has now "grown up". I mean, who wants to have fun and escape the real world for a few hours a day? Games should be full of politics that tell you why these beliefs are bad and why these other beliefs are good. I mean, we have to make sure that people don't become fascists and to do that we have to use fascist propaganda to fight fascisms. By doing so we will make the world a better and more "inclusive" and "diverse" place and so not piss people off that they go swinging in the political opposite direction.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I mean the funniest thing is that there are perfectly in-lore justifications for not being able to join the Enclave. The most obvious being that they are virulent xenophobes who, at best, think that everyone who isn't Enclave is a mutant freak to be subjugated and controlled, and at worst want to actively wipe them off the face of the earth so that they can retake control as the 'real' America. Do a joke quest line where you can join a sub-faction of the Enclave in Oregan, have them get you to do a few quests where you take out the leadership of all the other factions in the game to make them seizing power easier, then have them reward you for being a useful idiot by shooting you in the face. Presto.

Codex Year of the Donut
I mean the funniest thing is that there are perfectly in-lore justifications for not being able to join the Enclave. The most obvious being that they are virulent xenophobes who, at best, think that everyone who isn't Enclave is a mutant freak to be subjugated and controlled, and at worst want to actively wipe them off the face of the earth so that they can retake control as the 'real' America. Do a joke quest line where you can join a sub-faction of the Enclave in Oregan, have them get you to do a few quests where you take out the leadership of all the other factions in the game to make them seizing power easier, then have them reward you for being a useful idiot by shooting you in the face. Presto.
RPGs badly need more 'bad end' options where you get screwed for not thinking about your choices.

RangerBoo

Arcane
Believe it or not in Fallout 3 Bethesda did that. If you decide to give Autumn the code to Project Purity he rewards you by shooting you in the face. Jesus, even Bethesda gave you a negative consequence for your actions...
RPGs badly need more 'bad end' options where you get screwed for not thinking about your choices.
We can't have that anymore. We can't tell people that their decisions in life or even in gaming are "wrong" or "bad" only "different" or "nonconformists". We can't give people negative consequences for their actions. Unless their political views conflict with the developers that is.

eXalted

Arcane
So much effort and energy. They could have used Unreal Engine for their goals.

Okagron

Prophet
Because fuck choices, those are bad in RPGs.

Imagine going through the effort of putting a faction in the game, a faction that hardly matters in the overall story mind you, only to constantly criticize it and not even allow the player to join the faction. Nah, not just including the faction in the game is too much, need to include it only to constantly mock it and basically demean anyone that would like to join that faction. They could have just made up some faction but no, it had to be the Enclave.

Fallout 2 wasn't this mean to the Enclave and that's the game that introduced them and they were the villains in that game.

TheBreadcrumb

Novice
Shakespearean writing.

VvTwk1P.png
HAHA TAKE THAT YOU EBIL NYATZJIES. DRUMPFSTER BTFO.

This mod just keep getting worse the more I check back on this thread. Has there been any info on the Legion and the Brotherhood quests yet aside from the Legion being narrative focused and the Brotherhood a mix?
Is there a mod for this mod for a mod that removes the mini nukes requiremet so I can premptive strike them from the main menu?
Why would you want to remove an optional skill/item check in an RPG?

Pompey

Novice
"no you can't have freedom of choice because we deem that choice to be bad"
videogames sure have become better
According to Twitter and gaming journalists, gaming has now "grown up". I mean, who wants to have fun and escape the real world for a few hours a day? Games should be full of politics that tell you why these beliefs are bad and why these other beliefs are good. I mean, we have to make sure that people don't become fascists and to do that we have to use fascist propaganda to fight fascisms. By doing so we will make the world a better and more "inclusive" and "diverse" place and so not piss people off that they go swinging in the political opposite direction.
This is what happens when video games are now considered an "art form." It will no longer be about bing bing wahoo fun times but now have themes and something to say.

Yeah those bounty mods were pretty bad honestly looking back on it. The first one was ok in places though, and it kind of set a standard for quest mods.

Just too bad how the latter ones turned out

Wut? NVB 2 was lightyears ahead of one in every aspect, including the method of obtaining sidequests. And on a side note, for me those jumpscare ambushes are the best thing about Gamebryo talking face pull dialogue mechanic. Not to mention many "happenings" across his mods were conditional on your progress, nicely scripted, or random encounters. It's more Western than Red Deads (which New Vegas was in the first place).

And NVB 3 is an amazing homage to Il Grande Silenzio, despite many limitations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom