Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Cyberpunk 2077

Codex Year of the Donut
This idea that they can just slap multiplayer into the game is pretty interesting. I wonder how much work has even been done on it so far or if it's just the marketing department talking shit they know nothing about.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I see people complaining they did a sub-par GTA clone. I think this comparison is off.

They redid Witcher 3, when they should have thought of a new game from the ground up.
supposedly they were redoing w3 until 2016. 3rd person perspective and so on. Then Adam Badowski came and forced everyone to make fps instead

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
As of now it needs months, if not a year, of patching and overall is missing like 4 years of development to be what it was supposed to be.
based on a number of articles with employees anonymously crying, actual coders estimated game to be done by 2022 as it was supposed to be, after content cuts if I got it right

Absinthe

Arcane
No

I already dropped my 50 cents about the game in the release thread, through a bunch of messages. I'm on this thread just because the salt.
Seriously. Either quote that shit in there so you have a post worth reading or don't bother posting at all. Writing shit like "I disagree" or "I agree" is just an empty shitpost if you don't bother adding anything of substance to it. Even on Usenet you would've gotten shit on for vacuous posts like that, because shit like that is basically spam and in no way contributes to the discussion.

:nocountryforshitposters:

Although I have a more positive view about the game I think the Codex review is fine. It nails some of the several problems that the game has. Like lack of C&C, poor character constitution, half-backed sandbox elements and bad itemization.
If you don't see the problems with the review that says a lot about the depth of your insight, honestly.

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
While one can certainly have some mindless, relaxing fun with it, and experience its involving story – I don’t expect many to talk about CP2077 two… five years from now. In that regard, it might share the destiny of Game of Thrones: build up hype and expectations to levels unheard of – only to disappoint so much during the finale that no one wants to talk about it anymore.

true and powerful

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Also, fuck the sycophants (re: YouTubers and rags) that awarded this game 10/10 and then jumped (stayed?) on the bandwagon when popular opinion changed.

The fact that online influencers exist, and that they're stupid as fuck, is one of the more cyberpunk elements of our time.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I agree with all the points of the review except for the point about the story and writing. Both are shite. Perhaps, it's not the Fallout 4 level of shite. But it's closer to it than, say, to Witcher 3.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
we were talking about reception changing, not dev plans. I gave you random poll from official forum shedding some light on how much people might be anticipating it.

Aside from what multiplayer is supposed to be. FPS pvp experience with many of core game features gone, like slowing time? Would wallhacks stay?
If it's anything like TW3 in game Gwent and standalone Gwent, it may very well be the end of the company.

Tihskael

Learned
The students and the master.

ES2XumPXgAAMG3p.jpg

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
So are the edgelords edgy for not liking the game or liking it? I'm not sure the narrative here.

so far we got people that
- agree
- disagree with positive elements I found
- evaluate my review as being worse than actual game

In general votes claiming I bashed game too hard are absent, unless you count felipe claims that it will be fixed and become 2022 goty. I mean if he proclaims cp77 to win 2022 codex goty already then he is probably right :popcorn:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
shillitron said:
You’ll be mowing through pedestrians a lot too, so better hope there’s no police in sight. If they are around, though, most of the time it’ll be better to just reload.

Which I guess takes me to the next point of the GTA comparison – police chases are not fun.

Uhmm.. what?

I've driven down a sidewalk for an hour - mowing down half of night city underneath my bumper, I have never seen a police chase..?
I get chased by drones for 2 seconds with the detected_noise.wav sounding out, followed by instantly escaping, followed by more teleporting police and a new "chase", and an instant escape, as long as I hold down on the gas..

What police chases..? It's easier to reload...??? What game were you talking about?

This part of the review feels like a head larp..
"Better hope there are no police around" it's basically 100% guaranteed outside Pacifica that magically appearing drones always detect a murder.

Please correct this review ASAP. How many złoty were you given for this?

Reader

Scholar
I wonder if there are many people who decided to quit after going through the prologue
I don't know about prologue but out of curiosity i checked Steam and Playstation achievements regarding main story completion.
Steam - 27%
PS - 19%
I never understood the preorders anyway. If a game comes out in 6 or 12 months you might as well wait until its ready.
Because they like to wait and to hype way more than to play.
Also that's why we can't have nice things ofc

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
The review captures the spirit of Cyberpunk perfectly. Confusing mess of individual systems of varying quality that never really meshes well together.
Excellent piece of meta commentary, :5/5:
lukaszek. I have added to the GoG Gorasul wishlist in your honor. :salute:

I don't know about prologue but out of curiosity i checked Steam and Playstation achievements regarding main story completion.
Steam - 27%
27% main quest completion seems really high.

The main quest is surprisingly good, much better than exploring a shitty GTA clone.
Strangely completely inverted from W3 in that fashion. That had lame main quest and good side quest, this has good main quest and lame side quests.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
lukaszek. I have added to the GoG Gorasul wishlist in your honor. :salute:
we are at just +15. Clearly others are slacking

https://af.gog.com/wishlist/games/gorasul_the_legacy_of_the_dragon?as=1649904300

Isn't it this one? Or is there more than one Gorasul? How deep does the rabbit hole go?
it was at 305 before review went online. I think it was at nearly 300 when I started posting it in random places across codex

Last edited by a moderator:

Reader

Scholar
True. But i wonder will it satisfy CDPR or their next game's main quest will be even shorter.
They'll miss making a worthy game in next 10 years otherwise.
Are you sure they even think in such terms?
it was at 305 before review went online. I think it was at nearly 300 when I started posting it in random places across codex

They'll miss making a worthy game in next 10 years otherwise.

Forgive me my ignorance but how is it connected to CDPR? Wasn't this game made by a german studio? Or you meant that CDPR better be back to just publishing other's decent games?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom