Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Larp the Court of King Vale clumsily preparing a royal summit in Fit To Be A King

V_K

Arcane
Cat!!!
Knight it! No, marry it! No, knight AND marry it!
Sukhavati won't mind, she's been raised in a culture that practices polygamy anyway.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
HtDIuwE.png

Bossman, are you REALLY thinking about marrying that danger hair *foreigner* ?
As far as I'm concerned, this is a great idea - get rid of your wife, then marry the princess and finally execute her under some kind of pretext - that way we can invade their kingdom and take their oil gold! It's the best of both worlds!

Andnjord

Arcane
wbWVOtk.png
Surely, if the Royal wife is barren, and the Pope won't consider according your Majesty a divorce, then there is no other solution, however distasteful it may be, than to e(X)ecute our Pretty Princess. ROOOFLES!

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Part VI Might & Magic

We start the day, with a difficult, but necessary decision

Q9TET6B.png

kfWQkPJ.png
Hello dear ! Best wishes for your summit !
gxqTBUU.png
<Execute>

6wKYssH.png

I then go to the execution spot :

83ssgV7.png

a59DE9Q.png
Bossman, I am waiting for your go !
gxqTBUU.png
As she did not transit through the Jail, I will let my Council . If it does not change its decision by next turn, you will do your grim work.

This done, I decided to explore the subterranean area, which meant going to the Church...

zEQwdUP.png

4gDsP0x.png
Remember ! If you knighted me I could maybe accept a Reformation...

.... in front of the Ghost in the Crypt

SaP2QMr.png

BCU6RUi.png
BEWARE OF THE GUARD CAPTAIN ! BEWARE OF THE DOG ! BEWARE OF THE CHAMB...

Finally, silence !

MlPUvAl.png

gnjFHrv.png

Taking the boat, the "river" turned out to be a lake. In the South-East, a small enclosed area led to a ladder up ...

b28zWaM.png

Which led to more ladders up, until I reached a secret area next to a part of the Castle I haven't explored yet. With birds. :

PGhXwyj.png

North of the Lake, the enclosed area brought me to a dense ... forest ? where more chests were hiding.

qxhdmlI.png

And finally, South-West of the Lake, there was another ladder DOWN this time :

anQPSi8.png

... which led to another small cave, with not much water but treasures, and ... Yet Another Ladder :

4M1FWZz.png

... which led to ... an house ?

GovcFwn.png

kw7QwOC.png
An old man says: Greeting, King Vale
kw7QwOC.png
<name> Let us invoke good old SumDrunkGuy
gxqTBUU.png
But you are a gal !
kw7QwOC.png
Only because I just changed my avatar.
kw7QwOC.png
<job> I drink my drink!
kw7QwOC.png
<drink> A very special brew! Want some (Y/N):
kw7QwOC.png
<Yes> Bottoms up!

Then the weirdest thing happened as I became tiny !!!

chaJlPC.png

I could go through a tiny hole in the wall which brought me, logically, in SPACE !

thvS85F.png

Passing through the second wall, I was restored back to my normal side, and found myself in another of those deep earth forest :

thvS85F.png

Well, to be honest at this point I could be anywhere.

I reached a river, or maybe a sea, which had, logically, a Pirate Ship at dock :

or3EdEG.png

I beelined to the Captain :

mPDGk0s.png

bNDhWFU.png
Arrr, we're looking for recruits.
bNDhWFU.png
<name> Captain Latro's my name
bNDhWFU.png
<job> The most feared pirate in the seas, be I.
bNDhWFU.png
<summit> Tain't no need to worry about such things on the open seas
bNDhWFU.png
<pirate> We plunger gold and fight the Bloodsails
bNDhWFU.png
<plunder> Aye, there be plenty of plunder for our recruits.
bNDhWFU.png
<recruit> If you want to join I can give you a sword !
bNDhWFU.png
<sword> Here's your cutlass. Now cross the gangplank and fight some Bloodsails!

And just like that, I had a sword. It is better if I showed you what happened next in a .GIF :

qYqkxXF.gif

gxqTBUU.png
My Jester will be happy, I think I did what he calls "pxed" !

After those exploits, I went back to the Captain Latro:

bNDhWFU.png
Thank ye for the help. Now I'll tell ye where the treasure be buried. Behind the sailor's house is a blue flower. Dig five paces south of it. And now we set sail for the high seas ! We have many days of traveil ahead, you should go below decks and rest up.

He moved aside, allowing me to reach the hold :

jYYlrn7.png

And reaching the bed ...

eIRSYJW.png

wbWVOtk.png
Dreaming again, Your Majesty! I'm glad you're awake.
wbWVOtk.png
<dream> In your sleep you said : "Behind the sailor's house, five paces south of the flower."

Was it a dream, or reality ?

To be sure, I went back to where I had met SamDrunkGuy...

... which met going in front of the ghost again

BCU6RUi.png
BEWARE OF THE PRIEST
gxqTBUU.png
Silence ! Are you responsible for that Dream Machine shit ? I told you I really did not like Chapter 4
BCU6RUi.png
.... I have no idea what you are telling me about. But you should get rid of the dog. It is Satan in disguise. Like all dogs. Unlike cats.

Anyway, I went back to the place, and...
B7W1ysv.png

...It was empty. Not a soul !

I went back up and went to check behind the sailor house...

.... which meant passing in front of the execution square.

gxqTBUU.png
Hello, love !

And indeed, there was a blue flower ... but no shovel yet !

jFlAEsC.png

And we stop for now. Next turn, I WILL explore the castle more to unlock the remaining players. As for the politics, well, you decide.

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Decision dashboard up to post #150

Exploration (reset each turn), decision at majority or plurality.
Castle courtyard : ValeVelKal(100)
Rampart :
Village :

Politics - decision taken at +8.
18 : Execute Volourn [CONFIRMATION] : Vazha(3), Mondblut(3), Helly(3), Dayyalu (6), Andnjord(3)
12 : Jail Horatii : V_K (3), Vazha (3), Strange Fellow (6)
12 : Knight Cat : V_K (3), Dayyalu (3), Strange Fellow (6)
9 : Execute Maxie : Vazha (3), Helly(3), Strange Fellow (6) do not execute Andjord (-3)
9 : Execute Strange Fellow : Mondblut(3), Helly(3), V_K(+3), Darth Roxxor(3) do not execute Andjord (-3)
6 : Execute the dog : V_K (3), Mondblut (3), Helly(3) but Vazha (-3) . Rejected
6 : Execute Priest : V_K (3), Helly (3) Rejected
6 : Execute Andnjord : V_K (3), Helly (3) Rejected
6 : Knight Azira : Azira (3), Strange Fellow (6) do not Knight Dayyalu (-3) Rejected
6. Execute Vazha : V_K (3), Helly(3) Rejected
3 : Execute Tindrli : Mondblut (3), Andnjord (3), Helly (3), Darth Roxxor (3) but Forgive Tindrli : Dayyalu (-3), Strange Fellow (-6) Rejected
3 : Execute Mondblut : Strange Fellow (6), Helly(3) do not execute Darth Roxxor (-3), Andjnord (-3) Rejected
3 : Reform Religion : V_K (3), Strange Fellow (6) but Do not Reform : Dayyalu (-3), Andnjord (-3) Rejected

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
What madness is this? Hands off Sir Doggo, or I shall piss into each and every barrel, cascet and bottle, so help me god!

Also remember I counceled thee to jail the whelp Horvatii, O Exalted One? The chronicler must have missed that for its not on dasheboarde yon there...

Dayyālu

Arcane
*strolls around the execution spot*

rxcidDK.png
Uh, it appears that despite the vote the King has some moral qualms about the execution and the Queen despairs. My excellent rulers, you should not fear this execution! Why it may appear as a brutal and wanton act to substitute the Queen with some young dark-skinned jailbai.... where was I? Ah right, it's anything but!

rxcidDK.png
Queen, you should realize that your death is a triumph! Imagine if the King divorced you, like a latter day Nero throwing you away like an Octavia! the indignity of a divorce and exile! The ultimate indignity of a [R]eform done just to satisfy carnal desires and the search of wealth!

rxcidDK.png
JUST IMAGINE, MY QUEEN! An entire country submitted to a laughingstock of a Reformation, centuries of damnation for the common folk before the atrocious mistake can be corrected! But the King, in his infinite wisdom, is blessing you with a martyr's crown and saving the soul of his own people and all their descendants with such a simple act!

rxcidDK.png
You don't die as a simple woman, but as a VESSEL of SALVATION (and Loyalty to Rome!). Rejoice, my Queen! Furthermore, I guarantee that in a few centuries' time rivers of academic ink will flow to honour you, and maybe some insane madman will even paint you as a Feminist icon! Eternal in memory even!

rxcidDK.png
So, Queen, your execution is NOT a tragedy. It's a moral imperative for the good of King, Country, Faith and I dare to say History itself!

rxcidDK.png
Mhh, furthermore, the good Azira should not be knighted if he entertains dangerous thoughts of reformation. Knight the Cat, faithful feline companion, instead.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
chefchomik.png
This knight is one strange fellow. Keeps asking me for free stuff for the cat and dog. Is he some kind of furry? Probably. I wish the king e[X]ecuted him for his secret transgressions.
chefchomik.png
There's no such thing as a meal that's for free. And if there's one lesson that young ought to learn, it's "pay no deposit and get no return."

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can't even be an animal lover any more without being suspected of all sorts of degeneracy. Verily, a Reform is essential if we are to prevent the rot of this Godless culture from damning us all.

By the way, I've always wanted to see Maxie executed. Let's do that as well. Also, I've previously voted to Jail the ghost, and you may also Jail Horvatii.

Edit: It seems the ghost is correct, and that it can be neither jailed nor killed. What a nuisance. This only makes it more imperative that the church be Reformed, so that my liege can personally command the ghost to Fucketh Off in the name of higher powers.

I would also like to vote on the matter of my own execution. I vote no.

Last edited:

V_K

Arcane
Also, I've previously voted to Jail the ghost
You've missed the heathens' pathetic attempt to get rid of me two pages ago. You're powerless in the face of a cosmic, um, power.
Hold on, there's a cat? Knight the cat.
Oh, but maybe not all is lost for your soul then. Just repent in your dog-loving ways and all will be forgiven!

ValeVelKal

Arcane
ValeVelKal, so what happens with a councillor's votes once he gets executed? They get removed from the tally, right? It would be unwise to listen to traitors after all.
Anyone in jail, in the death row or dead gets its votes wiped. People can't vote against their own death/jail. Dead men don't talk. Except ghosts, I guess.

I am pondering whether I should allow voting for oneself being knighted.

Note that I consider that Helly wants *anyone* to be executed, once done his bloodlust will be removed and his "vote" to kill anyone will be removed

ValeVelKal

Arcane
*strolls around the execution spot*

rxcidDK.png
Uh, it appears that despite the vote the King has some moral qualms about the execution and the Queen despairs. My excellent rulers, you should not fear this execution! Why it may appear as a brutal and wanton act to substitute the Queen with some young dark-skinned jailbai.... where was I? Ah right, it's anything but!

rxcidDK.png
Queen, you should realize that your death is a triumph! Imagine if the King divorced you, like a latter day Nero throwing you away like an Octavia! the indignity of a divorce and exile! The ultimate indignity of a [R]eform done just to satisfy carnal desires and the search of wealth!

rxcidDK.png
JUST IMAGINE, MY QUEEN! An entire country submitted to a laughingstock of a Reformation, centuries of damnation for the common folk before the atrocious mistake can be corrected! But the King, in his infinite wisdom, is blessing you with a martyr's crown and saving the soul of his own people and all their descendants with such a simple act!

rxcidDK.png
You don't die as a simple woman, but as a VESSEL of SALVATION (and Loyalty to Rome!). Rejoice, my Queen! Furthermore, I guarantee that in a few centuries' time rivers of academic ink will flow to honour you, and maybe some insane madman will even paint you as a Feminist icon! Eternal in memory even!

rxcidDK.png
So, Queen, your execution is NOT a tragedy. It's a moral imperative for the good of King, Country, Faith and I dare to say History itself!

rxcidDK.png
Mhh, furthermore, the good Azira should not be knighted if he entertains dangerous thoughts of reformation. Knight the Cat, faithful feline companion, instead.
Post of the thread ! I will multiply your vote to execute Volourn by 2 as Volourn herself also agrees ! !

V_K

Arcane
I would also like to vote on the matter of my own execution. I vote no.
I am afraid you can't. You will have to gather some more support in your defense.
I'll rescind my vote if he repents. Whom will it be, Strange Fellow - you or the dog?

*Limited time offer. Terms and conditions apply.

Note that I consider that Helly wants *anyone* to be executed, once done his bloodlust will be removed and his "vote" to kill anyone will be removed
He voted for the dog specifically in a separate post, so it shouldn't be counted as part of "anyone" tally.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom