Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

Generic-Giant-Spider

It's not bad if they approach it with something like a debuff that applies by means of natural combat or has incentive (Nightblades get a damage bonus/armor penetration via their main attack if behind the enemy) but going out of your way to do maintenance bullshit that interrupts the flow is awful. Nightblades have that one buff where after a certain number of light attacks you have to hit it again to fire an arrow that does a fuckton of damage and you lose out on tons of potential DPS if you neglect to use it near constantly.

Luckily gearing isn't as cancerous these days with things like the collection tome, trait selector and being able to epic/gold jewelry by just running normals and saving yourself the stress of dealing with the lost souls from Blizzard.

Codex Year of the Donut
Luckily gearing isn't as cancerous these days with things like the collection tome, trait selector and being able to epic/gold jewelry by just running normals and saving yourself the stress of dealing with the lost souls from Blizzard.
speaking of which, how simplistic the stats are/how boring gear is was one of the main reasons I ended up quitting ESO.
ESO does a couple things really well(quests, exploration, dungeons, surprisingly pvp) but it does a lot of things really poorly

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Are things as dead for an RPfag like me as it seems? I wish not, as it's the only MMO running with some population that has a setting worth a damn. Not that that's saying much.

Codex Year of the Donut
Are things as dead for an RPfag like me as it seems? I wish not, as it's the only MMO running with some population that has a setting worth a damn. Not that that's saying much.
really doubt it, that's one of the main fanbases afaik
goes hand in hand with fashionfags

ADL

Prophet
Go play FiveM, Atlas or Ark. Roleplayers all gravitated to those kinds of games in recent years.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lotro I think is still not dead and it has fantastic setting and game world main plot is bit derpy but side quests were very fun, ESO was fun but then I was starting to have trouble in single player content too, level scaling means you have more trouble on higher levels unless you spend many hours grinding for best gear, meh I prefer single player games when I am rewarded for not punished for playing, Game word looks fantastic though its nice to see building up Vivec city or Mornhold with proper cranalations on walls.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played for about 50h by now. It was worth the purchase (of a standard edition), and the Morrowind quest line was fine enough, even though nothing to write about, however, the Daggerfall quest line is boring, I guess I won't be playing often anymore, but probably like one minor quest per day or so. Dungeon runs get boring after a few too. Definitely worth buying the cheapest edition for a few dozen hours of fun, but don't listen to Alexander DeLarge - don't spend more cash ($170 lol) or you'll probably regret.

Codex Year of the Donut
Played for about 50h by now. It was worth the purchase (of a standard edition), and the Morrowind quest line was fine enough, even though nothing to write about, however, the Daggerfall quest line is boring, I guess I won't be playing often anymore, but probably like one minor quest per day or so. Dungeon runs get boring after a few too. Definitely worth buying the cheapest edition for a few dozen hours of fun, but don't listen to Alexander DeLarge - don't spend more cash ($170 lol) or you'll probably regret.
Base game content isn't very good at all. Stick to the xpacs/DLC other than the main quest stuff.
There's a reason it flopped at launch.

Poseidon00

Arcane
At least in Morrowind when you're at high level you go through enemies like a hot knife through butter, meanwhile in ESO you have to keep up 10 buffs every 15 seconds to do damage and avoid as much combat as you can.

You can run at absurd speeds, jump mountains, punch living gods to death, this is what high level Elder Scrolls should always be.

Codex Year of the Donut
Free ESO plus week.
If you are curious about trying it out, now would be a good time.
Hard to not recommend it if you're a TES fan. It excels at exploration, lore, and quests.
Also has the most advanced phasing tech I've seen in an MMO. Zones(later content ones mostly) change heavily as you advance quests.

Codex Year of the Donut
Which zones are best to play during this trial?
I liked the orc zone dlc, but it's hard to go wrong with any of them. The quality of the dlc/xpac zones is way above base game stuff.

Oh yeah, don't know how it slipped my mind.
Clockwork city. Great stuff. Really important to play if you like TES lore.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
WTF I enabled the free trial and all my items I stored in a bank disappeared... all my epic stuff and crafting ingredients disappeared because the trial doubles the bank storage... and empties it?! What the fuck, bethesda/zenimax?!

Codex Year of the Donut
WTF I enabled the free trial and all my items I stored in a bank disappeared... all my epic stuff and crafting ingredients disappeared because the trial doubles the bank storage... and empties it?! What the fuck, bethesda/zenimax?!
crafting ingredients probably went into the account-wide crafting storage
can't remember how to access it, but it's in the inventory somewhere in its own tab or something

ADL

Prophet
Crafting bag

Which zones are best to play during this trial?
Orsinium/Morrowind/Northern Elsweyr and Murkmire are among the best so focus on those

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
I created "RPGCodex" guild for those of us who play TESO, send me your UserID or character name via PM and I'll add you :love: Maybe we can do some stuff together :love:

ADL

Prophet

The Elder Scrolls Online Collection: Blackwood is the ultimate Elder Scrolls experience and includes the Base Game and all Chapters:
• Blackwood (New for 2021)
• Greymoor
• Elsweyr
• Summerset
• Morrowind

Pre-purchase now to begin your adventure immediately in the base game or previous Chapters and gain instant access to an exclusive Nightmare Bear Cub Pet* and Nagahide Welwa Ravager Mount, plus bonus content at launch:
• Dremora Kynreeve Outfit
• Deadlands Wamasu Pet
• 1× Iron Atronach Crate, including exclusive randomized loot
• 3× Blackwood Treasure Maps
• 2× Experience Scrolls, granting Double XP

ULTIMATE FREEDOM—Create your ultimate RPG character, play solo or adventure with friends, and determine your fate in an ever-expanding world. With no level restrictions, go anywhere, at any time in a truly open world. In The Elder Scrolls Online, the choice is yours.

CHOOSE YOUR ADVENTURE—With a new tutorial, begin your adventure where you like: emerge from Coldharbour in the Base Game, battle Dragons in the Elsweyr Chapter, or get ready to face the Prince of Destruction, Mehrunes Dagon, in Blackwood, the latest Chapter. All content is accessible for new players, and you can switch adventures whenever you like.

INCLUDES LATEST CHAPTER: BLACKWOOD—As part of the Gates of Oblivion adventure, a deal made with the Prince of Destruction comes due in Blackwood. Explore Imperial cities and murky bogs, uncover Mehrunes Dagon's sinister plot, and never adventure alone with the new Companions System.

*Nightmare Bear Cub Pet available with pre-purchases until March 17th, 2021.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sub gives you access to all DLCs and crafting bag + double bank space which is really huge :incline: as the game play goes. If you really like game and plan to play it everyday you can pay fifteen zion bux a month*, its better than buying crowns INMHO. I like the game the more I play it to be honest it looks good, runs fast and quests are better in Beth games past Morrowind and game play is interesting enough.

*And you can cancel subscription any time you want to quit, you got also free crowns for subbing so if you wont spend them on stupid shit like cosmetics you can buy then DLCs you need for future casual play, I was thinking about subbing to Swotor but the Alliance play is some bullshit and Warcraft Classic looks to cartonish for me I might sub this one, its three packs of cigs a month.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
Subscriptions are bullshit. If you really like the game but hate subscriptions like I do, take my advice. Chapters aside, you'll have full ownership of the DLCs and have enough storage for the "makeshift crafting bag" for a little under what you'd pay for a year's subscription.
Here's the best advice you'll get on escaping the monetization bullshit permanently. Primarily the crafting bag.
Step 1.) Buy 21,000 crowns, if you're loaded, buy 42,000 for $170 during the Christmas sale (they're -40% right now)
Step 2.) Buy all the DLCs outright with your crowns so you own them. Subscriptions are bullshit. Especially in a game with gambling boxes
Step 3.) Spend 11,000 crowns on all the storage chests (360 slots total). You can grind them out but your time is worth more than the $$ it'd cost.
Step 4.) Wait for an ESO+ trial and place all your storage chests in a home that you probably got for free as part of an event.
Step 5.) Use your storage chests to store everything but crafting materials. Keep one node of each crafting material in your inventory at all times. Bank, craft or sell additional stacks.
Step 6.) (Optional) You can be in five guilds so why not create your own for your own personal guild bank and get another 500 slots?
Viola you now have all the content and your inventory is now essentially a crafting bag with all the inventory upgrades you can get on your character. With gold and bank upgrades, you have more than enough storage space to comfortably play the game never worrying about a crafting bag for less than the cost of a year's subscription.

• Character Inventory – 210 Slots
    • 60 Slots by default
    • 80 Slots by Bag Upgrades (180,600 Gold)
    • 60 Slots by Mount Carry Capacity Upgrades (15,000 Gold & 1,200 hours of waiting)
  • Bank Inventory – 240 Slots (or 480 with ESO Plus)
    • 60 Slots by default
    • 180 Slots by Bank Upgrades (769,200 Gold)
    • Double Bank Slots with ESO Plus
  • Personal Guild Bank – 500 Slots
  • House Inventory – 360 Slots
    • 120 Slots from 4 Storage Coffers (1 for Free, then 300 Master Writ Vouchers or 300,000 Tel Var Stones or 3,000 Crowns for the rest)
    • 240 Slots from 4 Storage Chests (800 Master Writ Vouchers, 800,000 Tel Var Stones or 8,000 Crowns)
The only thing you'll have to buy now are the chapters... Or you can wait a year and buy them with your crowns with a little left over to buy a personal banker NPC that you can spawn wherever you want. You can teleport straight to your house free of charge to access your storage chests.

Konjad

Patron
So far only IDenT joined the guild, nobody else wants to play together? Or at least talk when we are both online?

You damn autists :negative:

Generic-Giant-Spider

I forget how the megaserver shit works, but is NA linked to EU if we're on the same platform?

Konjad

Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom