Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most Replayed RPG of 2020 - Codex Survey

curds

Magister
This thread has proven to be actually quite interesting. Moreso than GotY or what did you finish threads imo. Hope the tradition continues next year.

Devastator

Learned
My list of replayed (and finished) in 2020 in no particular order.

Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Fallout: New Vegas
Baldur's Gate 1
Baldur's Gate 2
Deus Ex (this was really immersive in the Covid context)
Icewind Dale 1
Sword of the Stars: The Pit

Other than those I finished, I think I fired up Skyrim at some point just to see how long it takes until I get bored (probably played it for only a few hours).

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
This thread has proven to be actually quite interesting. Moreso than GotY or what did you finish threads imo. Hope the tradition continues next year.

Only if you're gullible enough to believe that people aren't just posting their fave games / to troll.

Efe

Erudite
how did you like x-com apocalypse?
did it topple ja2?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
how did you like x-com apocalypse?
did it topple ja2?

It's better at it pertains to destructibility and verticality. But the Cityscape vehicular battles ruined it for me.

I think it's amazing that they implemented both pausible realtime and TB combat systems, both of which are superior to most RPGs which focus on the one or the other.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Updated OP.

I think it's definitely proven that the new crop of old school RPGs - Underrail, Battle Brothers, PKM, AoD - have been firmly accepted into the Codex pantheon. On the other hand Pillars 1 and 2 mostly haven't been.

Once I forget enough about it, I'd be definitely up for a Deadfire replay.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
In 2020 I replayed:
Fallout 1
Wasteland 2
SMT IV
Eye of the Beholder 1
Lands of Lore 2
Pool of Radiance (Amiga version)

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
MMX, PoE and PST each have one additional vote buried at the end of the long list.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
ADOM
Geneforge
Daggerfall
Legacy
Deus Ex
Cataclysm: DDA
Wasteland
EDIT:
Wizardry 6!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom