Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Star Wars is no longer EA exclusive!

DeepOcean

Arcane
Now that Disney has allowed Star Wars games to be made and published by studios other than Electronic Arts, what studio do you want to see have a crack at it, and what genre do you want SW to explore?
I hope Disney is more like a hoe like Games Workshop and license Star Wars to anyone who asks, that is the only hope for an incline Star Wars game happening, if it is a big publisher making it, they will milk it hard: "The rebellion needs you to climb those towers really bad, son!" , if not worse.

L'ennui

Magister
Star Wars Rebellion 2

A 4X game like Shadow Empire set in the direct aftermath of the Empire's disintegration after the battles of Endor and Jakku. Each game generates a new planet with various civil, Rebel or Imperial factions that can duke it out for local supremacy

A new Jedi Knight game or some other multiplayer-capable lightsaber combat game

Falksi

Arcane
My dream is a turn based Mandalorian RPG, like a high budget take at Underrail or Fallout 1/2. Hundreds of guns and armor types for your personal Bounty Hunter and AP based combat.

My slightly less impossible dream is Battle Brothers Star Wars Edition: Play a small division of either Imperials/Rebels/Outlaws, fight turn based tactical combat with them and roam the Galaxy and gather credits and power. Get your Star Brothers killed and replace them to make a powerfull special ops unit.

My only somewhat realistic (lol) dream is KotOR 3.

So I will probably get none of the things I want, since market research shows that Ubisoft Action RPG is the most profitable genre. But I can dream I guess.

My dream's for me to return to having my 22 y/o body again, and have an 9 way reverse gangbang with Jennifer Lawrence, Tessa Fowler, Alexis Texas, Faye Reagan, Bella Donna, Mia Malkova, Emila Clark, Beyonce and the missus all in their prime.

But you've got to start somewhere.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anything remotely original, aesthetic, decent, with a subtle and well-written story, characters with realistic and human behaviour, and most of all good taste would be a godsend for the franchise as a whole.
And by that I mostly mean no fucking lightsaber, jedis or amazing force battle power shit.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Why is it that the first thing that came to my mind when I read the title is that a Bethesda Star Wars game is coming

lycanwarrior

Scholar
From what other people have been speculating, it might be due to the fact that Disney is getting desperate lmao.

Likely due to the fact that Disney is hemorrhaging money due to the nu-Star Wars movies bombing and the closure of their theme parks due to COVID19.

Gregz

Arcane
Star Wars = 2 good movies and a gazillion dollars worth of just pure fucking garbage in all shapes and sizes

3 good movies. The first 40 minutes of RoTJ is some of the best Star Wars EVER, not to mention the saber duel and fleet ambush scenes. Also, the original Kenner action figures and toys were pretty fuckin’ great.

oh, and the Heir to the Empire trilogy, and Thrawn, and the PnP RPG, and X-Wing/TIE Fighter, and the Jedi Knight games, and the KOTORs

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
You know what Disney should seriously do? Get the guys who made FTL and Into The Breach and have them make a game that mixes those two, but with a SW license slapped on it. You are a Rebel ship escaping an Empire offensive, if you enter planets it goes to ItB mode, the breach mechanic could be just a quick escape the planet thing. It would work

Xelocix

Learned
My dream's for me to return to having my 22 y/o body again, and have an 9 way reverse gangbang with Jennifer Lawrence, Tessa Fowler, Alexis Texas, Faye Reagan, Bella Donna, Mia Malkova, Emila Clark, Beyonce and the missus all in their prime.

This comment reeks of virginity and made me physically cringe. Fitting for a Star Wars thread I suppose.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
An ARPG in the style of New Vegas during either the High Republic or the Clone Wars
Oh and using the EU canon of course...

Ironmonk

Augur
Stop embracing the dark side and learn to let it go...

Deep down everybody here knows which kinda of audience they are aiming and what that entails.

deuxhero

Arcane
I'd like to see one of the companies making shooters on old engines do another Jedi Outcast/Academy game in the EU with the original engine and no SJW shit. I regularly replay Academy because the core engine is just that good (sadly Outcast has way too many gimmick levels with shitty puzzles to be nearly as replayable) so even just a decent new campaign would be amazing. I know Disney would never let it happen though.

Beyond that (and things I know Disney wouldn't allow)
  • Taipan/X style space trading/space fighting game.
  • Finish that Rogue Squadron compilation that was being made for Wii and port it to a modern system.

vota DC

Augur
Full RTS, there was an Age of Kings meet Star Wars and was fun.

If they want to go hybrid then
Birthright: the Sith alliance
or
Ships and lightsabers: Starlords.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The zombie "Lucasfilm Games" will probably make one or at most two good games before Disney provides them with guidance on how to do mass marketable trash.

orcinator

Liturgist
Star Wars but it's a bejeweled clone for mobile (force crystal theme?)
Star Wars but it's a bejeweled clone for mobile (smuggler theme?)
Star Wars but it's a bejeweled clone for mobile (space ship theme?)
Star Wars but it's a KanColle clone for mobile
Star Wars but it's a Azur Lane clone for mobile
Star Wars Galaxy at War but it's just autochess for mobile

Codex Year of the Donut
idk why people get upset at IPs being handed out to as many devs as possible
you get a lot of shit but also a handful of actually good games

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Star Wars Rebellion 2

A 4X game like Shadow Empire set in the direct aftermath of the Empire's disintegration after the battles of Endor and Jakku. Each game generates a new planet with various civil, Rebel or Imperial factions that can duke it out for local supremacy

this basically already exists (not that I wouldn't love to see another one)

L'ennui

Magister
Empire at War doesn't have quite the same strategic gameplay, especially with regards to character interactions with the world (diplomacy, sabotage, assassinations, etc.) I should check out that mod, though, I keep seeing it pop up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom