Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: The Frontier - New Vegas mod set in Portland and full of prosperous content

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Your wish is my command.

How big was this fucking nuke? Did they see the nuke explosion in Arizona from Portland?
Also, my favorite dialogue from this scene; "Your going to tell me everything you know, or I'm going to destroy who you once were."
Whoa, that is like deep. Can feel the cringe.

Oh come the fuck on dude.
Untitled.png

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
From the first page, I thought people hating on it were being edgy faggots, but seeing all this shit that you are posting. This shit is rotten, but it does look like a lot of effort was put into it. From the bits of lizard dialogue someone posted, it's not utterly terrible voice acting. The entire thing just looks like a weird self-insert into a lizard fantasy, which is utterly disgusting.

Then the whole political thing. Saying fascist in a video game automatically dates it now, which is something an artist with some integrity would try to avoid.

I always wonder why mod authors always try to break the game in order to realize a stupid vision. For example, the automobiles are fucking pointless. They look shitty, and the engine was not built for it. Waste of effort already.

Anyways, I've never seen nor played a good storyline mod, so I'm not sure what people here were expecting. I don't even like any of the Fallout: 1/2 modding, and anyone modding that should be sent to the ovens. Fuck your Fallout: Nevada or whatever faggot shit you are doing with the Black Isle Fallout series nowadays.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Anyways, I've never seen nor played a good storyline mod

Rigmor of Cyrodil actually had a halfway decent presentation of politics in Cyrodil that didn't make me cringe. Only the main character did. But yeah never heard of a good one for Fallout.

*hides under the desk to avoid Codex persecution*

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
I have to wonder, did the writers just go with their rough draft and say, "Yeah, this looks good! No need to go through it, it's perfect!" The writing is, perhaps, some of the worst writing I have ever seen in a mod. Fetish inserts, current year political references that will date your mod, dialogue ripped off from games the mod authors are fans of, meta dialogue, references to memes that are or will be outdated. Jesus Christs! Did Anthony Burch write this mod?
I will say though that I did get a ton of laughs from this mod and the mod authors superiority complex in regards to this mod. It's just, all that effort, all those years and man hours went in service to this? Such a shame.

Last edited:

RangerBoo

Arcane
Oh come the fuck on dude.
Untitled.png
You think when they played MGS5 they were like, "Dude, that line is brilliant! We so need to add that into our mod!"
Again, you don't add dialogue like this that is from other works and take it seriously. I am a novice writer and even I know this. The only time that you add dialogue like this is with a joke like Wild Wasteland. Doing otherwise makes you look like a hack.

RangerBoo

Arcane
This mod took more than 3x as long to make as fnv.
:M
Could you tell that the mod authors didn't have a coherent vision? With New Vegas, although the development time was brief, the developers had a coherent vision. They knew what kind of game they wanted to make. With The Frontier there was none of that. I get the feeling that the story, dialogue and world space changed with every new piece of consumerists crap that came out of the entertainment industry. Add in some Modern Warfare with Black Ops, Far Cry, a big spoonful of Metal Gear Solid 5, a little Rick & Morty humor, some MCU shit and anything else that the mod authors wanted to add that they are fans of. Sprinkle in some references to current year politics and degenerate fetishes and you have a recipe for a shit sandwich.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Wow, what did I stumble upon? It seems to be utter shit, and I'm still missing things, such as the so-called scallies who are probably way worse than the ones from TES, right?
Also, modders are getting worse and worse lately.

RangerBoo

Arcane
This mod took more than 3x as long to make as fnv.
:M
This is true though.

Watching the vertibirds sequence - I don't think there is such scripting in another gamebryo game.

Makes me kinda mad.
The mod can be best summed up as, "Technically innovative but artistically bankrupt."
Basically, this mod represents the Western game industry in a nutshell.

Zer0wing

Cipher
The mod can be best summed up as, "Technically innovative but artistically bankrupt."
Basically, this mod represents the Western game industry in a nutshell.
Coincidentally true for all of the main Ass Creed games, the epitome of artistical (in a general sense, not that the artists are doing a bad job, far from it) bankrupcy.

CabbageHead

Novice
Anyone know the team composition of this mod project? This look like a project with a lot of retarded and degenerate idea guy lording over some competent members.
Or maybe it’s a circlejerk of fairly competent people with retarded idea that force each other to make stupid shit?

RangerBoo

Arcane

God, this is so terrible.
Also, fun fact, the developers sneakily removed the America enslavement in the recent hotfix. Instead of being real artists and adults and owning up to their mistakes they silently removed it and hoped no one would notice. What a bunch of pussies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom