Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Why 95% of the "modern" cRPG are so lame?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gay5.jpg

madhouse

gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay
gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
What's wrong with being gay anyways? :smug:

Knew it. Told you coming out of the closet would be good for you. The gay anonymous internet boxer, he takes everybody on sooner or later. (Nothing to do with boxing)
You seem obsessed with gays. Are you one yourself? Nice seeing you got your personal army trying to Reddit downvote me en masse.

You sound like you're about to start crying but a moment ago you were going to break my jaw. What's wrong? Look in a mirror, you're a human trainwreck. That's what's wrong.

madhouse

Imagine getting your personal army of cunts to harass and stalk every one of my posts to rate it. You're derranged.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Imagine getting your personal army of cunts to harass and stalk every one of my posts to rate it. You're derranged.

Unless you think the five years I spent living on the street in New York is something I made up (two independent literary sources over the years describing me by name there placing me at the scene) you should know that somebody like me is just not comprehensible to someone like you.

You're not a streetfighter because you pick fights you think you can win.

You're a real streetfighter if you repeatedly pick fights you know you are going to lose. That's the ones you really need to fear. The ones that don't care anymore.

So if you were me and you could see some of these beatings, you'd think nobody could have survived that. The guy got jumped by a dozen brothers and lost so much blood it was running into the gutter. They were walking me and hit me with a two by four every time I tried to get up. After fifteen minutes of savage beating that would have killed 999 out of a 1000 men, I got real quiet so they turned and said "That's enough for that fucker. He gimme the creeps. Something wrong with that fucking white boy." They'd get down as far as the corner (59th street bridge underpass, look it up on Google) and like a revenant I would stand back up. Bloodsoaked from head to toe. Rising, the Neanderthal. Indomitable. Indestructible. The man of steel. There's always a lot of blood but unlike everybody else, our bodies seem to replace it very rapidly.

"Fellas, you have to forgive me, I got to daydreaming and wasn't paying attention. I didn't catch what that was all about. It didn't help that you pussies can barely land a punch. Come back here and explain it to me again."

So after you have taken dozens of beatings like that, people become very scared of you on the street in New York. When they see you fully recovered a day later from a beating that would have put them into rehab the rest of their life if not killed them, even the slowest people begin to develop an almost supernatural fear of you. "That dude not from this world. Not like any white man I have ever seen." If you then come back and get each and every single member of the mob who beat you to a pulp they are going to be very, very afraid. You start to look like the High Plains Drifter. A living ghost in their midst.

Your worst terror, of being injured in a fisticuffs engagement, doesn't mean anything at all to me. It's like throwing Brer Rabbit into the Briar Patch. It's his natural element. Things don't feel right until outnumbered and receiving severe unlimited beating. That's when you die and I get my second wind.

Plenty of witnesses to all these things and to this day people in New York who can remember it and would tell you about it if you ask in the right places. My fellow employees at Street News asked what happened to my face - I'd wear sunglasses to hide it and sometime by noon the bruises would start to vanish while you watched.

My experience of pain is very different from your world. As the anthropologists say universally - "the Neanderthals experienced pain differently from the way the rest of us do."

Citizen

So let me sum it up...
  1. internet tough guy claims being tough, goes full keyboard warrior, doesn't even post pics as a proof of his physique
  2. tries to pick up a fight with cleve, still haven't posted a pic/his state/country of origin because """doxxing""" (yeah bud sure you're getting doxxed by specifying your country/state and posting a photo without a face)
  3. backpedals like a tiny cuck he is with a classic "go train kung fu for 10 years before you're ready to face me" :lol:
Holy fucking shit, Cleve is the world's greatest fighter who doesn't even need to fight: all the weak-willed melonhead soycucks self-destruct before the action even starts. This guy is probably jumping off a bridge somewhere right now

Lilliput McHammersmith

So let me sum it up...
  1. internet tough guy claims being tough, goes full keyboard warrior, doesn't even post pics as a proof of his physique
  2. tries to pick up a fight with cleve, still haven't posted a pic/his state/country of origin because """doxxing""" (yeah bud sure you're getting doxxed by specifying your country/state and posting a photo without a face)
  3. backpedals like a tiny cuck he is with a classic "go train kung fu for 10 years before you're ready to face me" :lol:
Holy fucking shit, Cleve is the world's greatest fighter who doesn't even need to fight: all the weak-willed melonhead soycucks self-destruct before the action even starts. This guy is probably jumping off a bridge somewhere right now
Well his account is gone, I am not sure if it was a self-nuke or if the mods did it. All of those posts by Stendhal are now by 'madhouse'.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Ye, Cleve gives you PTSD just from reading, even if he is not talking to you. And if you really anger him he turns into a sort of verbal neutron bomb.

Burning Bridges

Good, one of the overseers has used saving throw on behalf of the tryhard.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore I was just going to say something myself because you are not supposed to mock a tourettes guy with monkey noises. That stuff is completely compulsory and the psychological strain is enormous.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Well his account is gone, I am not sure if it was a self-nuke or if the mods did it. All of those posts by Stendhal are now by 'madhouse'.

He probably self-nuked his account before jumping out of his bedroom's window.

They are lame, because they insist on streamlining, simplicity and graphics, and shudder at the thought of digging deeper on what complex (but not necessarily complicated) well made RPG systems could offer for a wholesale experience (not just combat).

When you see "grown" men disguised as pikachu running after virtual rare pokemon in the streets/parks, you understand why neo-devs don't care about good game design anymore.
When 65% of the consumer base is ready to eat shit and won't get satisfied until they get a shitload of it, big companies are going to fight over the shit market...

Citizen

He was probably beating his melon-shaped head against a keyboard until it turned into a bloody pulp as his brain melted because of the sheer terror he experienced.

His mom waking up in a middle of a night and running to investigate the strange sounds in the basement only to see a 300-pound blood-covered showpiece of a a body-horror gallery laughing and crying simultaneously like a madman, gulping down gallons of soy milk and mashing the remains of what once a human head against a table as the symbols appear on a filthy old computer screen one by one: gay gay gay....

Burning Bridges

Cleve probably did this kid a great favor. Until yesterday he might have bumped into the wrong fellow and get killed or badly hurt.

From now on whenever he sees a big 50 year old man with hairy arms he will rather walk to the other side of the street.

sser

Arcane
Developer
95% of old CRPGs were lame.

People forget because they only remember the 2-3 good titles per year, but except for the brief period either side of the 2000s before consoles really got going there were *not* that many releases.

Most years were very like this one with 1-2 more exceptions that are good. The rest were quite trite.

wrong thread

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom