Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

inXile General Discussion Thread

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
That's pretty neat. I like that he has Klingon Academy, that game was fantastic, they even got Chang's actor to come in and shoot a bunch of scenes, and he nailed it.

Xeon

Augur
Fargo is such a hard worker, its been more than a year I think? since they were bought by Microsoft and just now he managed to setup his office.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Fargo is such a hard worker, its been more than a year I think? since they were bought by Microsoft and just now he managed to setup his office.
You don't get to produce 50+ something titles by being a lazy fuck.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Producers exist on a 2D axis of logistics and money. Most producers we hear about in game dev are handling logistics, it's usually in movies you see the title Executive Producer which means they helped bankroll the venture. Given the Fargo family $$$, I bet he was more financially involved (at least initially) then most game producers. No clue on the logistics front.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Brian Fargo is claiming that he legally purchased the right to use that Vincent Segrelles artwork for the box cover of (and an adverisement for) the original release of The Demon's Forge? Later re-releases, still on the Apple II, used different artwork for the box cover, and I had assumed this was yet another example of an early computer game ripping off art that it did not have the rights to use.

586678-the-demon-s-forge-apple-ii-front-cover.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Later re-releases, still on the Apple II, used different artwork for the box cover, and I had assumed this was yet another example of an early computer game ripping off art that it did not have the rights to use.

Maybe he just wanted to use more appropriate artwork?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Fargo looks like he had been punched in the left eye in that photo. Look at all the blood under his skin, and the pattern. That’s a mostly healed shiner or he had a weird skin condition when he was younger.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://inxile.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=36

Senior Narrative Designer
Design Dept. · Tustin, California

inXile entertainment is an Xbox Game Studio led by Brian Fargo. We specialize in deep, reactive, and narrative-focused RPGs, but also love exploring other genres. Our studio is filled with passionate developers who love making games, and playing them.

InXile is looking for a talented Narrative Designer for an unannounced next-generation RPG. The ideal candidate has a deep love of RPGs, experience using branching dialog tools, knowledge of non-linear narrative structure, and a unique voice to add to our games. Rich narrative is in the DNA of our company, and we’re looking for a skilled creator to join us in continuing our tradition of deep, reactive storytelling.

Responsibilities
  • Creative ideation and iteration, creating rich and flavorful characters and quests
  • Creating structures and writing conversations in our branching dialog tool
  • Owning and updating the narrative documentation for the game
  • Testing and iterating on narrative content for quality and flow
  • Aiding in in-studio voice recording and mocap sessions

Requirements
  • At least 5 years’ experience working in narrative design or writing
  • Shipped a title with branching dialogs and/or non-linear storytelling
  • Strong dialog writing skills
  • Experience with branching dialog tools (e.g. Twine, articy:draft, or in-house equivalents)
  • Broad knowledge of RPGs and other story-driven games

Pluses
  • Experience with in-studio voice recording sessions
  • Experience with in-engine implementation
  • Familiarity with the Unreal Engine

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
  • At least 5 years’ experience working in narrative design or writing
  • Shipped a title with branching dialogs and/or non-linear storytelling
Who can they get with these requirements, considering there are no good RPGs in the last 10 years*? Only shitheads that precipitated the decline we're in.

*except Disco

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Matt Wallace, the writer who did WL3 novella Ironclad and some additional work on the actual game:

He's also a retired professional wrestler apparently.

So narrative team of this AAA(A) RPG be like:
  • BrotherNone as Lead
  • Chad Moore likely do some writing as Creative Director. Probably Jason Aderson too
  • Nathon Long, Rosa Dachtler as Seniors
  • This Matt Wallace guy in some capacity

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So narrative team of this AAA(A) RPG be like:
  • BrotherNone as Lead
  • Chad Moore likely do some writing as Creative Director. Probably Jason Aderson too
  • Nathon Long, Rosa Dachtler as Seniors
  • This Matt Wallace guy in some capacity
Nathan Long is 71 years old and hasn't written anything decent in his life. Zyklon Beekers isn't even a writer. Jason Anderson is the only name that sounds like a competent person, but he's not enough in this group of hacks. This list already reads like an obituary to this game. It's dead.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yeah, I don't see this ending up well, Inxile and Obsidian should've stuck with making medium-budget RPGs, instead of attempting to make a big AAA blockbuster with no expertise nor experience in making a mass market product in the last decade. My prediction is that both Obsidians Skyrim killer and whatever this is will get marred in development hell, and in a few years Phil Spencer will quietly take Fargo and Feargus out the back door and put them out of their misery.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom