Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why Tamriel Rebuilt will be completed:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
They say that TES modders are second only to BG modders in how creepy and disturbing they can be. Or is it the other way around?

TES modding is much easier, so any degenerate can do it.
There is (or at least was) lots of creepy and disturbing filth on the TES Nexus, but I can't remember any BG mods that were that bad.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
They say that TES modders are second only to BG modders in how creepy and disturbing they can be. Or is it the other way around?

There is (or at least was) lots of creepy and disturbing filth on the TES Nexus, but I can't remember any BG mods that were that bad.
I believe there was an attempt to port the Saerileth mod from BG2 to Oblivion.

DraQ

Arcane
EDIT: Man am I a fucking moron.
Here is the Draq approved mod: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=6036
This is much better. Like I said the mod is very minimalistic and doesn't change the underlying mechanics. I also have never used its "Paths" component. Injury effects are nice but only if you have MCP, otherwise you'll get hit by vanilla's stat drain bug every time you get soundly fucked up in combat.

Still, it does change combat dynamics quite a bit, not allowing you to be careless.

It also has some useful side effects - since critical damage is realized by randomly occurring strength bonus, it actually enables you to creep slowly while overencumbered - you won't cross any considerable distance this way, but it's a godsend if you want to just pick up that one more piece of armour after battle before teleporting off.

Dustin542

Liturgist

I believe there was an attempt to port the Saerileth mod from BG2 to Oblivion.

The same guy also made a Viconia mod for Oblivion.

The Jester

Cipher
Roughly 40% of the mainland is finalized at this point.
It has taken over 17 years to accomplish our existing work
u0pb55g0cju51.png

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
It has taken over 17 years to accomplish our existing work
So, 'bout 20 more years give or take.
Modding this shit is like a prison sentence.

Last edited:

Robber Baron

Savant
I had a TR coop playthrough last year (the 2020 one). We played at our own pace while lamenting the state of the industry where products like these are just passion projects. I bow to everyone responsible for the marvel of its creation and the continued support.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/2101-maintenance-release
Download Tamriel Rebuilt 21.01: Main Mirror | Morrowind Nexus

• CRC-32: EE7AC323
  • SHA-256: c96687dcc4a060fd847bf74b2d7af868ac1f9ea41e3692a2927779333b55aa19
Tamriel Rebuilt is pleased to announce the release of build 21.01.

21.01 is a maintenance release, requiring the use of Tamriel_Data v08 or later.

The primary focus of this release is to increase compatibility with the latest Tamriel_Data release, by means of replacing deprecated assets in our main release file, TR_Mainland.esm. It also allows us the opportunity to offer significant performance improvements made to Old Ebonheart and the Aanthirin region to the public ahead of our next content release. Of course, this release also features the customary bug fixes and no small amount of corrections to floaters and bleeders, as well as the additions of a small number of new equipment pieces and miscellaneous items to existing locations on the mainland.

The Old Ebonheart square has seen some changes.

Finally, some minor content additions have made their way into this maintenance release. Old Ebonheart now features the Ebonheart Bellman, a newspaper that reacts to some of the player's actions. The Bosmora Mages Guild Relay has seen some additional cluttering, and a well-guarded basement has been added to the Fane of the Ancestors in Necrom.

The Ebonheart Bellman, for all the latest news and gossip!

Some more unconventional content has been added to the inns in Akamora, Marog and Ranyon-ruhn: an interactive card game named Hortator, a prototype for more complex games to come...

Not quite Gwent, but the cards are very pretty.

Please note that our preview content, TR_Preview.esp, has been updated to recognize Tamriel_Data v8.0 as its master file, but only bulk replacements have been done to most deprecated assets and some might still remain. The reason for this is that the content in TR_Preview is currently the subject of massive development efforts; compiling our internal section files into a new, playable TR_Preview would have taken away too much time and effort from our next content release.

In short, if you see a red box marked "this asset is deprecated" in our preview content, do not be alarmed! We are aware of these, and TR_Preview will receive a proper update in our next release.

A deprecated asset in the wild.

In other news, progress on our next planned release, "Dominions of Dust," continues. The release will focus on three regions: the Ascadian Bluffs, Roth-Roryn and the Armun Ashlands, with parts of the Velothi Mountains thrown in for good measure. Andothren, a major Hlaalu settlement, Teyn, an Imperial holding, and various minor towns and settlements will be the focus of the release. Two Ashlander tribes and two vampire clans will spice things up for those of an unusual and, dare we say, heretical disposition. While no formal release date has been set, the final interiors of Andothren are now under construction, NPCing of the city has picked up pace, and many quests are currently in active development.

If you are interested in making Mainland Morrowind a reality, join us! Tamriel Rebuilt is always looking for new members, even those completely new to modding. We have plenty of helpful guides on our website and friendly people ready to teach you the ropes on our Discord server.

You can also visit us on social media:

Twitter
Tumblr
Facebook

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom