Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: The Frontier - New Vegas mod set in Portland and full of prosperous content

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
Can't comment on this because I don't even know what you're talking about. Arguments had to be made thorough and not missing much details because MATN video is full of self-created strawmen, lies and things he got wrong but thinks got right. And they were. The linked video is a revised version of video that also was 2 hours long and also covers MATNs responses too. Voice is a personal preference, for me it sounded perfect for a background listen.
I wouldn't bother trying to argue with a retarded cuck who is getting ass mad at every little thing that is posted on this thread. Jesus, what crawled up his ass and died? I just wanted to come here and have a few laughs with my friends over a shitty and overhyped mod filled with fetish fuel. Not looking to start a fight. Especially with a SJW Leftist cuck.

The Jester

Cipher
Whatever fags, have fun with your gay highschool bickering.
I'm off to install Dust again and have fun with my big dick energy combat mod while engaging in combatfag shit.
C ya l8r virgins.
Is Dust like Dead Money without the story?

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
It's Dead Money meets Lonesome Road and it heavily limits recourses while increasing enemy damage.
What Is DUST?
DUST is a Post-Apocalyptic survival simulator with an emphasis on lore and story. DUST completely overhauls nearly every aspect of the game to better represent an apocalyptic survival-horror atmosphere. Combat, weather, perks, loot, enemies, you name it. Some areas have even been visually overhauled. All vanilla NPCs have either been killed or changed beyond all recognition. You will not be able to complete quests or join factions. There is but one quest in DUST. Stay alive.
Best part? No questing. Just combat.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Can't comment on this because I don't even know what you're talking about. Arguments had to be made thorough and not missing much details because MATN video is full of self-created strawmen, lies and things he got wrong but thinks got right. And they were. The linked video is a revised version of video that also was 2 hours long and also covers MATNs responses too. Voice is a personal preference, for me it sounded perfect for a background listen.

I'm watching MATN's video at the moment (since it is essentially the video that prompted the response).
I'm ten minutes into it so far, and this is basically what he's said and why he's wrong:

MATN said:
"People pretend Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel don't exist."

None of them were mainline entries, and they were made by the company as opposed to the dev teams that worked on Fallout and Fallout 2. Essentially Interplay was pulling a Bethesda there.

MATN said:
"What devs choose to tutorialize first is what the core gameplay is about."

People who played Fallout didn't need a tutorial on dialogue choices because it was a cRPG. Fallout: New Vegas was sure to receive an influx of both classic fans (see previous sentence) and Fallout 3 fans (who already knew of dialogue choices and skill checks). So the game focuses on introducing the new gameplay mechanics:
  • Iron sights (Sunny).
  • Survival crafting (Sunny).
  • Ammo benches (Sunny).
  • Weapon mods (Chet).
  • Ammo types (Chet).
I would also argue that New Vegas introduces very early on the idea that anyone could possibly die. If you do Sunny's quest first, there's a chance both Cheyenne and the Goodsprings Settler fetching water will both die.

MATN said:
Strawman about how if a Fallout 3 quest does something he can't think of the other games doing, then it HAS to be a good RPG.

MATN said:
Strawman about how Fallout 3's introduction to the wasteland was so good that the games that came later copied it, even though Fallout 3 literally copied Fallout's except with higher production values.

That's it. In 10 minutes the guy said some dumb shit, but I didn't need 30 minutes of video to explain why.

The Jester

Cipher
Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Well it's better than a small dick.
No one likes a small dick... well except the Ancient Greeks I guess... and the renaissance fags...
man-cartoon-penis-og.jpg

Based Romans though.
In 10 minutes the guy said some dumb shit
It gets better though. And by better I mean dumber.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
In 10 minutes the guy said some dumb shit
It gets better though. And by better I mean dumber.

The way he talks about "THIS ONE QUEST DOES THIS, ISN'T THIS WHAT YOU FALLOUT FANS WANT" is insufferable. It's the attitude and the way he says things, confidently (dumb) about being in the right.
Yeah, I blew up Megaton and people died (except Moira, because Bethesda really wanted us to complete her shitty quest). I can still finish the game because my dad doesn't give a shit about me being a murderous psychopath. Some choice and consequence™ there.

Lagennagen

Literate
Have you guys seen that the same guy that made the only sprint + bullet time mod they recommend using is a Russian national that is also the one making the mods to attempt to "fix" some of the problems?

RangerBoo

Arcane
LOL! Call me incel yet is acting like a butthurt incel.

Sorry, my life doesn't revolve around a fan mod that I shit on constantly while praising a mod I have yet to release (and will probably never release).
I haven't even praised my mod. I have stated many times that I am a amateur and that even I know that you don't write the kind of tripe you see in The Frontier. I don't say I am Shakespeare just someone looking to entertain people and give them something to enjoy. Not looking to get my foot in the industry (fuck no!). You on the other hand have been acting like an ass mad sperg, constantly belittling and shitting on anyone for posting stuff that either triggers you or disagrees with what idiotic beliefs that you have. Such as you saying that modders and developers should accommodate everybody that has a fucking phobia. Why don't you go back to Twitter. I hear that they love to have mentally ill idiots use their site. Because from what I've seen people here seem to enjoy my shit posting while they have been annoyed with you being a retarded cuck and ruining a thread that should be filled with fun and laughter. Not retardation.

Last edited:

ironmask

Arbiter
It's Dead Money meets Lonesome Road and it heavily limits recourses while increasing enemy damage.
What Is DUST?
DUST is a Post-Apocalyptic survival simulator with an emphasis on lore and story. DUST completely overhauls nearly every aspect of the game to better represent an apocalyptic survival-horror atmosphere. Combat, weather, perks, loot, enemies, you name it. Some areas have even been visually overhauled. All vanilla NPCs have either been killed or changed beyond all recognition. You will not be able to complete quests or join factions. There is but one quest in DUST. Stay alive.
Best part? No questing. Just combat.
WOW, that sounds like ass and also sounds like it would get boring within an hour.

RangerBoo

Arcane

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Says the ass mad sperg who everyone in this thread besides his alt is making fun of for being a retard.

I'm sorry that you are offended by strangers on the Internet making fun of you. I couldn't care less if "everyone" (i.e. you) made fun of me.
But please keep replying to my posts if it makes you happy. It's healthier to direct your butthurt at a person than at a mod. :P

You can tell me the truth now. Did you want to join The Frontier and the scalies rejected you?

RangerBoo

Arcane
Says the ass mad sperg who everyone in this thread besides his alt is making fun of for being a retard.

I'm sorry that you are offended by strangers on the Internet making fun of you. I couldn't care less if "everyone" (i.e. you) made fun of me.
But please keep replying to my posts if it makes you happy. It's healthier to direct your butthurt at a person than at a mod. :P

You can tell me the truth now. Did you want to join The Frontier and the scalies rejected you?
Funny. You got ass mad and started spreging at me after I posted one of the writers rape fetish fantasies. Got something that you want to tell us? I get the feeling you aren't well liked on the Codex. At least judging from all the cuck, eye roll, begone thot, stop posting and retard ratings you have stacked up. Also:
I'd rather have devs think of those things themselves than demand them not to include an option they want to include.
Plus the same could be said for the opposite side: first they demand you take out X from game because they find it annoying, and then you find yourself having to take out Y and Z or else they will pirate your game and review bomb it on Steam (and send a few death threats since they may as well).
Grade A SJW strawmaning.

Last edited:

Lagennagen

Literate

You can find endless places where there are people not criticizing the mod at all. What are you doing here??? I'm here to try to enjoy it my own why by making fun of it.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Doom 3 pentagram. Imagine copyrighting a mod that steals assets from different games.

Wd8y9Rc.jpg

Last edited:

eXalted

Arcane
I remember my surprise when I saw this as a kid playing the game.

vKBh06O.jpg

Ah, innocent and pure times. Now we sniffing smelly legs of brainwashed slave girls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom