Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Zer0wing

Cipher
Autism is sad condition. Imagine not recognizing jokes.
How self-hating of you. I'm pretty clear about commenting how bad the joke is you idiot.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
I'm pretty clear about commenting how bad the joke is you idiot.

QyZso.gif

Danikas

Arcane
What's with cdpr and spelling errors? Somebody already posted misspelled shards in this thread but even in Witcher 3 we get shit like this:

desktopscreenshot2021rwkto.png

Im sure some of the game code has shit like this too :lol:

Dexter

Arcane
I do hope for CDPR that all those day one sales were enough to cover the costs and then have some cash for their retirement funds, because they won't be making more money anytime soon.
Is that so?

2JIGCeb.png
Just btw. regarding Browsing Steam Top Sellers, what you're looking at is the Top Sellers for your geographic region (Hungry?)

You don't want the "Top Sellers" page: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=topsellers
You want the "Global Top Sellers" page: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=globaltopsellers

Dexter

Arcane
Oh yeah: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37373/patch-1-1
Patch 1.1
January 22, 2021
Patch 1.1 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available on PC, consoles and Stadia!

In this update we focused on various stability improvements, which you can find outlined in the patch notes below. We will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience.

Stability

Various stability improvements including:
  • Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
  • Various crash fixes (related to, among others, loading saves, game opening/closing and Point of No Return).
Quests/Open World
  • Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
  • Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
  • Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master in Poem of The Atoms.
  • Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
  • Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
  • Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
  • Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
  • Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
  • Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.
UI
  • Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
  • Removed an invalid item from loot.
Visual
  • Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
  • Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
  • Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.
Achievements
  • Fixed an issue where completing one of theassaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.
Miscellaneous
  • Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update).
  • Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
  • Fixed an issue where the "Continue" button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.
PlayStation-specific
  • Performance optimization of crowds on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
  • Various crash fixes on PlayStation 4.
Xbox-specific
  • Improved memory usage for character creation, mirrors, scanning, camera remote control, menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.
PC-specific
  • It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
  • Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.
Stadia-specific
  • Concert audio should no longer be inaudible in Never Fade Away.
  • Fixed corrupted textures on several melee weapons.
  • Tweaked default deadzone settings to be more responsive. Note: the change will not affect settings unless they’re set to default.
Maybe at this rate it'll be out of Early Access Alpha and resemble more of a Beta by next year.

Tyrr

Liturgist
What's with cdpr and spelling errors? Somebody already posted misspelled shards in this thread but even in Witcher 3 we get shit like this:

desktopscreenshot2021rwkto.png

Im sure some of the game code has shit like this too :lol:
"printslk" sounds Polish.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Two of my glitchy saves are much less glitchy under 1.1. Not seen a single physics engine problem yet either, which could just be luck of the draw but was a persistent problem on both. Seems like a marginal performance improvement in FPS too with a GTX 1080 at 1440p. Not earth shattering stuff to be patching to how a game should have been on release but that's an old sad song.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hehe, 1.1 broke the game for me, I quote this post from CDPR forums:

Takemura call. He says nothing and stays on. I can't quick travel, use grenades or save the game now, so the game is unplayable.

Happened to me too :lol:. Didn't test the grenades or quick travel, but can't save nor make progress in the main questline. Back to ASCII games, I guess.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
so they fixed a dozen out of hundreds of existing bugs. amazing, with that speed the game will be relatively bug free in about 3 years, maybe then they can start adding some functionality like a walking toggle to it

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
https://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/worldwide-digital-games-market/

the game keeps selling though

Cyberpunk 2077 had the biggest game launch of all time based on digital revenue and digital units sold (10.2M)*. A successful marketing campaign and the reputation of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt provided the hype necessary for the CD Projekt Red title to break records despite issues including performance problems on consoles, widespread glitches and the indefinite removal of the game from the PlayStation Store. An extremely high share of digital sales (80%) were on PC, likely due to the delisting on PlayStation and overall state of the console versions. Regardless of the short-term financial success, the critical backlash means the developer will now have to invest significant resources fixing the game in order to rehabilitate its image before the launch of its next title.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I do hope for CDPR that all those day one sales were enough to cover the costs and then have some cash for their retirement funds, because they won't be making more money anytime soon.
Is that so?

2JIGCeb.png
Just btw. regarding Browsing Steam Top Sellers, what you're looking at is the Top Sellers for your geographic region (Hungry?)

You don't want the "Top Sellers" page: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=topsellers
You want the "Global Top Sellers" page: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=globaltopsellers
Thanks, you are right. The global top sellers paint an even better picture on the sales.

Edit:
Heeey, waiitaminute! What is that Trump face on my profile?? DarkUnderlord Explain yourself immediatelly!

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
loading times also got shorter for me, i'm playing the game on a hdd so this is definitely a nice improvement

Vatnik Wumao
CDPR has never been know for quality of their product when it releases. Seems no one played Witcher 1 on release. And I don't mean Witcher 1 : Enhanced Edition. Vanilla Witcher 1 was borderline unplayable, combat was broken, quests were broken and even all the patches it got still didn't fix it. Enhanced Edition is how it should have launched. Cyberpunk 2077 is just CDPR simply just reminding us that they don't give a shit about the quality of their products.
I played it at release. In fact, if I remember correctly, I even preordered the Witcher 1. I do rember following news of this game from this unknown (at the time) developer for a few years (first screenshots / concept art came out in 2002 or 2003).

I don't remember any game breaking bug, maybe I was lucky

I played W1 on release. The game breaking bug is an infinite loading screen that prevents you from completing the main quest part way through the game.

msxyz

Augur
So, this is the 'big' january update? They could have called it 1.07 for what it fixes (even less than 1.04). Also:

• Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
  • Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
They were running out of stuff to fix so they're now concentrating on small details :stupid:

Last edited:

msxyz

Augur
Someone said "they fixed the save scum for items, meaning you can't reload to get max slots on a item anymore" why? either always give best result or leave it be until you fix the itemization. Getting legendries that are worse than other crap feels real rewarding.
Actually the explanation of why that happens could be far worse (taken from the officialn forums, patch 1.1 thread):

One bug is that if you travel close to a spawn area and can miss items such as the colby car you lose access to that item even if you never visited the actual area just came close. In their wisdom CDPR now changed the loot system from one that respawns to static so if you ran close to a legendary at level 8 it's locked with that level at slots no matter your level when you do find it. They didn't patch glitches or any number of exploits but chose to get rid of dynamic loot. Now you can't even forgo getting a set of legendary clothes until your max level because if you ran close it's already locked.

Perkel

Arcane
"Legendary" are not "Uniques". Iconic weapons are "uniques" and when you get them you get crafting schematics.
Moreover all weapons and armor can be upgraded to max level possible by anyone regardless if they put points into crafting or not, it is only question of money/parts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom