Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Troglofil

Novice
What is the difference between the difficulty settings? Do you simply get more enemies per encounter on higher difficulty?

During the Holidays, I replayed both Wizardry VI and VII, and it just highlighted how lackluster and cheesy Grimoire's combat system.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
It's pretty much exactly the same combat system. Plus, it is much faster due to not having to click the same attack buttons every round.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Last edited:

Nixheb

Arcane
Hey ! Currently playing Grimoire, last version. It's been a reaaaaaally long time since I didn't launched the game, several years in fact.

Cleve, you are a genius. This is absolutely the best dungeon crawler ever. Fuck the small remaining flaws (I see you have fixed a ton of little things !).

I'm, again, astonished by the amount of work behind it. The quality of the humorus writings is top notch. This is such a good mix between interactive fiction (due to the amount
of lore and text, usually absent from this kind of game) and hack ’n’ slash ! Damn, I had forgottent how good it is !

My hat's off to you (again), Cleve. The game deserves to be in the top 3 dungeon crawler of all times.

PS: what the fuck is this sig "sad loser" ?

Alter Sack

Magister
Is Cleve still around? His last post was some time ago.

I hope Corona didn't get him and he doesn't have to sleep in a cardboard box under a bridge again (considering he got divorced and anglo-saxon divorce law).

What about the interview with Matt Barton?

Didn't Cleve promise to do one once Grimoire is completed?

Nixheb

Arcane
Hugh ! Just entered the cataclysm, after leaving the cabin in the end of the world.

Believe it or not, it sends down some chills on my spine ! After 100hours+ of playing the game it's still shocking me here and there !!!

That's so insanely good I almost want to stop playing to never finish the game, just to have some hours of play left "in case of emergency".

Damn, playing a good old DND pen and paper campaign with Cleve as a gamemaster should be quite something !!!!!

Last edited:

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
In the current climate, Matt would be cancelled the minute he let Cleve speak his mind.

Alter Sack

Magister
Did a codexer contact Matt and ask him?

Maybe somebody who is also a patron of him can do that.

If he is afraid to do an interview he simply doesn't deserve one.

But there might be other alternatives (provided Cleve is willing).

Didn't our esteemed member sstacks already do some interviews with developers on his radio show?

He's a member here and therefore already on the sjw-shitlist. An interview with Cleve shouldn't hurt him much.

I think such an interview would have a gigantic entertainment vaulue and I don't want to wait another twenty years for it to happen.

Nixheb

Arcane
I'm perfectly and honestly convinced that an interview with Cleve could go perfectly smoothly without any drama.
His internet "personnage" is one thing, the real person is another.

Anyone who have played Grimoire and can read "between the lines" should have an idea of who Cleve really is.... ;)

Alter Sack

Magister
What do you consider "drama"?

I mean Cleve is pretty opinionated and has an often dissenting view (from the mainstream) but that should make a good and interesting interview. No?

Since I don't think that any codex egdelords would take part in the interview to bait him it should be a halfway civil affair. I don't expect any epic cleve rants (sadly).

It would be really sad if all potential interviewers refuse because of fear of the sjw mob.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The SJW mob controls everything, so of course they're feared, and it's doubly bad for poor Matt since he works at a university, and you know what hellholes those are today.

Alter Sack

Magister
Yeah, I don't think we would have to expect that kind of "drama".

And hearing Cleve describe how he had to wade through a sea of dildos in Phipps bathroom to get to the toilet I don't consider drama for example.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom