Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Has direct effect on morale of combat troops similar to HoMM (extra atk for high fleeing for low).
Does it affect the RPG part of the game in any way though? Something like the artisans of KM?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Has direct effect on morale of combat troops similar to HoMM (extra atk for high fleeing for low).
Does it affect the RPG part of the game in any way though? Something like the artisans of KM?
I don't think the Crusade stats affect that, but yes, the artisan/crafting system in this game is part of crusade management.
Generally you find some artifact in the game somewhere, then you get a project card that lets you choose from several options for crafting that artifact into something.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Infinitron Citation provided.

Taking out timers is decidedly decline.
I fucking knew they'd pussy out.

Like Owlcat are retarded. ARE THEY FUCKING KIDDING ME ?

There was such an easy solution, Make timers extendable for resources or in case of you having done certain thing like quest or doing certain specific thing. Like why im not given option to hire mercenaries to fight trolls costing me money but increasing the timer ? Why im not give option to use for example the Hellknight order (not the cringy one the one that is aligment locked and obscure) fight Armags hordes giving me extended time ?. Or have Vordkai if you recruited him figure out something that will slow the season of bloom timer, Like are you telling me lich that was literally ruler of massive empire is not capable of slowing down buch of ravenous plants ? have timer but have it natural rather than time gate.
That way timer is logical because you cant sit on your ass forever with game just freezing time but its not hard limit of you have 90 days no more, it basically integrates cost/opportunity. you need more time to do stuff ? you can if you sacriface some other stuff such as resources.

Like that way it helps atmosphere because you have to solve that problem sooner or later but you can actually take action as ruler not just as an adventurer.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
It would be good for old timers but current one was changed to be so much more generous anyway that you don't need to slow down anything.

Also they already stated multiple times that there will be some kind of new management for you to not just sit on your ass, timers or no timers.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
It would be good for old timers but current one was changed to be so much more generous anyway that you don't need to slow down anything.

Also they already stated multiple times that there will be some kind of new management for you to not just sit on your ass, timers or no timers.

i get it, its just i cant figure out how they didnt get this idea of basically allowing your ruler actions to extend timers even if you had to deal with it as adventurer.

Shadenuat

Arcane
They probably coded events around particular dates and stuff and it would mess it all up.

Look how long it took to fix them Bokken quest.
...it is fixed right?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
They probably coded events around particular dates and stuff and it would mess it all up.

Look how long it took to fix them Bokken quest.
...it is fixed right?

What was wrong with it?

Wererat leader is still bugged (can’t be looted because game thinks he’s friendly even after he attacks and you kill him).

Salvo

Arcane
in what ways? do mages pre buff?

The environment, the types of enemies you fight (demons add a lot of variety, some ambush you, some straight up bullrush you), less inflated stats, more mooks, fights where you have to defend strategic locations instead of bumrushing to god knows where, multiple ways to approach the fights themselves...

You know the amount of of stuff available you had to make the fight easier with the Stag Lord? Poisoning the wine, freeing the Owlbear, killing the lieutenants beforehand... picture that, but better and for every fight.

PS: Obviously there's a couple locations where it's just a slugfest, but those are extremely short AND optional.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Time management always seemed like a kingdom management thing. I didn't expect them to carry it over when they chose their side gimmick for the next game. I hope swarms stay in though. And they should add a side quest absolutely filled with the wild hunt just to fuck with people.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
On February 2nd: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3084672

Beta is Coming

Pathfinders!

The time is nigh, and the beta is coming!

61f54c4556f720e189a5e94eca105e5c_original.jpg

Initially, we were going to begin the beta in January, but decided to give ourselves a little extra time to add the long-awaited turn-based mode! That’s right, the turn-based mode is coming to beta. And the beta is coming on the 2nd of February.

What else can you expect from the beta? Let’s see: 4 chapters, although the 4th one is only partially finished at the moment, and not all art is ready for it yet; some new archetypes, some new quests you haven’t seen in the alpha, the first stages of some romances, and of course - some bugs. Additionally, you will be allowed to stream the first 3 chapters of the beta. Are you excited? We are very excited! We can’t wait to show you our game, and to stream it, and to watch you stream it, and to see your feedback! It’s the last stage in development where your feedback can affect and change some aspects of the game, and that’s why it’s such an important milestone for us, and hearing what our backers think will be invaluable to our team.

You will be able to see the first stream of beta on our twitch channel and our YouTube channel on the 1st of February at 17:00 CET (11:00 EST/8:00 PST).

You will be able to participate in the beta if you have the Early Access tier or higher, pre-ordered or transferred from Kickstarter, and you can check which tier do you have on our portal https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/, if you log in using your email (please make sure it’s the same email you used when you backed the game!), then click on the button with your email in the upper right corner of the screen, and then check the Purchased Items folder to see what tier do you have:

ec362de10516564fc746b8e410224d08_original.gif

If you don’t see any tier there, but you backed our game on Kickstarter, please contact team@owlcatgames.com, and we will help you to transfer your order from Kickstarter.

Additionally, if you are going to participate in the beta, you may want to consider joining our discord server https://discord.gg/wotr where after the beta begins, you will be able to read about the known issues, ask for help with your builds, discuss your impressions from the game and even give your feedback directly to the devs, who often visit discord channels to talk to the players.

That’s all about the beta for now. Stay tuned for our next update!

07082539edd372ba298233e93f6feed5_original.png

1d202305ed5c25075266c47fa8cca334_original.png

Check out our friends at Pinnacle Entertainment Group and their project for Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds! Those who love the Savage Worlds game system can now play some of the best-selling epic fantasy adventure tales in the entire history of the roleplaying game industry! They're making a core book, Ultimate Boxed Set with everything the Game Master will want for her game, and a Boxed Set for the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path.

07082539edd372ba298233e93f6feed5_original.png

To arms!

Owlcats

e94639ac9cc5d71687fc3070884fa252_original.png

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Time management always seemed like a kingdom management thing. I didn't expect them to carry it over when they chose their side gimmick for the next game. I hope swarms stay in though. And they should add a side quest absolutely filled with the wild hunt just to fuck with people.

The first two or three non-vector side locations will anally rape you. And there are a couple gate fights that are far from trivial as well. And that's just chapter 2.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
someone buy this and tell us how turn-based ai works out, thanks

im not buying this shit, too expensive

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
LoL you kwans constantly bitch about how rich you are and how poor everyone else is,yet you cunts don't have even 40 bucks to support your hobby,buahahahahaha what a bunch of sad losers. :smug:
That's why he's rich bro, he pirates shit instead of buying it.
Smart man.
:keepmyjewgold:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL you kwans constantly bitch about how rich you are and how poor everyone else is,yet you cunts don't have even 40 bucks to support your hobby,buahahahahaha what a bunch of sad losers. :smug:
That's why he's rich bro, he pirates shit instead of buying it.
Smart man.
:keepmyjewgold:
:smug:
You confused the men here mate,i am the dude that pirate shit and it is fine. He is just an american,he can't pirate and he doesn't have the money to afford a hobby.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
someone buy this and tell us how turn-based ai works out, thanks

im not buying this shit, too expensive
shut the fuck up, the beta is $100 not $40, also I'm not rich

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom