Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Efe

Erudite
and maybe try to create kill zones with bonded characters

warcrimes666

Educated
Patron
Agreed, around then positioning and key defensive masteries become paramount. Keep your bonded ranged bundled up and supporting albus out in front creating chokepoints.

Try this grand swordsman albus based around block and forestallment and turn him to bad hombre:

alby.png

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
The one thing I find annoying is that turn-delaying abilities are way too common among enemies. Nothing worse than running into a large group of White Tigers and waiting for 20 minutes until they finish spamming suppressive fire and ice grenades.

Efe

Erudite
cops bring free grenades and heals too.
as for turn delaying, most of it happens because of multi-attack,retaliation, etc stacking.

Tigranes

Arcane
This is a quote from steam forums:

"We have also thought of Crowd Funding in the past. We tried to register Troubleshooter in Kick Starter very carefully. However, Kick Starter had a country list to apply for, and Korea(of course South Korea) was not included at that time. We had no choice but to register Troubleshooter in Crowd Funding exclusively for Korea. The fundraising amount was about 27,000$, and the result was a failure...

We would like more Global Crowd Funding to support Korean projects. I would be very happy if we could get Kick Starter's help when we try to produce a sequel to Troubleshooter. :D"

So, they tried crowd funding, but they failed. Inspite of the failure, they still finished the game. That is what I call determination.

You can see that in that failed Korean-only campaign, they did raise a fair bit of money, but from less than 300 people. I have no idea how that compares to the level of support projects tend to get from that website. I don't know how big crowdfunding is in Korea, if at all.

https://tumblbug.com/troubleshooter

It looks like the korean crowdfunding campaign had included a beta test, and ~8 months afterwards they did launch EA on Steam - so probably they always intended to try and publish the game no matter what, and it wasn't a "fund our twinkle in the eye" request. They claim that development began in '14.

After this moderate success, you'd hope they can do a kickstarter for their next project or something. They'll need to spend a lot of time working it out though - there can be a ton of annoying bullshit when you have to set up a foreign bank account in a foreign language and tie it to your company (however they are registered in Korea), blah blah.

Zumbabul

Savant
This is a quote from steam forums:

"We have also thought of Crowd Funding in the past. We tried to register Troubleshooter in Kick Starter very carefully. However, Kick Starter had a country list to apply for, and Korea(of course South Korea) was not included at that time. We had no choice but to register Troubleshooter in Crowd Funding exclusively for Korea. The fundraising amount was about 27,000$, and the result was a failure...

We would like more Global Crowd Funding to support Korean projects. I would be very happy if we could get Kick Starter's help when we try to produce a sequel to Troubleshooter. :D"

So, they tried crowd funding, but they failed. Inspite of the failure, they still finished the game. That is what I call determination.

You can see that in that failed Korean-only campaign, they did raise a fair bit of money, but from less than 300 people. I have no idea how that compares to the level of support projects tend to get from that website. I don't know how big crowdfunding is in Korea, if at all.

https://tumblbug.com/troubleshooter

It looks like the korean crowdfunding campaign had included a beta test, and ~8 months afterwards they did launch EA on Steam - so probably they always intended to try and publish the game no matter what, and it wasn't a "fund our twinkle in the eye" request. They claim that development began in '14.

After this moderate success, you'd hope they can do a kickstarter for their next project or something. They'll need to spend a lot of time working it out though - there can be a ton of annoying bullshit when you have to set up a foreign bank account in a foreign language and tie it to your company (however they are registered in Korea), blah blah.

And judging from the posts from steam forums, the devs do not want and do not like to deal with the financial aspects. When people ask how to give them money, they don't know how to respond. They just want to do games they themselves would like to play.

It kind of reminds the story of Troika. Troika devs also just wanted to create great games without dealing with financial stuff. I hope Dandylion will do better.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It kind of reminds the story of Troika. Troika devs also just wanted to create great games without dealing with financial stuff. I hope Dandylion will do better.
Their game has anime cuties, of course they will do better. Not to mention that I fucking despise everything anime and I'm still hooked on Troubleshooter.

Agreed, around then positioning and key defensive masteries become paramount. Keep your bonded ranged bundled up and supporting albus out in front creating chokepoints.

Try this grand swordsman albus based around block and forestallment and turn him to bad hombre:

That's similar to what I'm already going for:

06vwe5n.png

Mortmal

Arcane
Damn that game is good, just started it, at the same price tag you can get xcom chimera....There's a hell lot more things in troubleshooters and its a hell lot better and deeper at everything.I am jsut wondering one thing is it better to start on normal or hard ? Given its an asian rpg normal may means hellish.So far its pretty easy but only wiped the first gang.

Zumbabul

Savant
Damn that game is good, just started it, at the same price tag you can get xcom chimera....There's a hell lot more things in troubleshooters and its a hell lot better and deeper at everything.I am jsut wondering one thing is it better to start on normal or hard ? Given its an asian rpg normal may means hellish.So far its pretty easy but only wiped the first gang.

Start on hard. In second chapter, the game will allow you switch to cruel. If you feel that the game is easy, switch to cruel. Once you will feel yourself strong and cool, enable challenge mode.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Hard really isn't that hard except for on certain missions that seem hard on any difficulty. That said there's no reason to pick any difficulty over the other for the main missions other than preference, whereas on the optional missions there are better drops on hard or cruel difficulty.

Mortmal

Arcane
Ok so there' better drops, finally an incentive and reward in a game to try harder.

warcrimes666

Educated
Patron
Hard and cruel increases drop rate of masteries, crafting materials, and unique orange item drops from named enemies.

One thing about challenge mode that some may or may not know is that it randomizes enemy masteries so you can potentially pick things up you may have missed like cauterize or receive others you might not get until much later. I didn't know this at first as I was playing everything in challenge mode and missing some masteries you otherwise probably would have gotten especially in the early/mid game but it can also work the other way.

...its just a challenge, edited for fake news.

Last edited:

Zumbabul

Savant
One thing about challenge mode that some may or may not know is that it randomizes enemy masteries so you can potentially pick things up you may have missed like cauterize or receive others you might not get until much later. I didn't know this at first as I was playing everything in challenge mode and missing some masteries you otherwise probably would have gotten especially in the early/mid game but it can also work the other way.

It give them random masteries that you know. Challenge mode will not let you learn masteries that you do not know.

warcrimes666

Educated
Patron
Thank you kindly for the correction Zumba, that explains alot. As in, why I was still confused after playing for a year and couldn't actually confirm what I wrote while playing this afternoon. Much appreciated.

One thing I'm curious about that you probably will know. I know that ultimately item selection revolves around stats and you can happily use a blue with the stats you want over an orange with a high attack for example but I came across something that said over the past year with crafting being more fully implemented that each troubleshooters potential best weapon and some other equipment now comes from reaching the pinnacle in crafting, is this correct?

Zumbabul

Savant
One thing I'm curious about that you probably will know. I know that ultimately item selection revolves around stats and you can happily use a blue with the stats you want over an orange with a high attack for example but I came across something that said over the past year with crafting being more fully implemented that each troubleshooters potential best weapon and some other equipment now comes from reaching the pinnacle in crafting, is this correct?

It depends on the character. For example, for Giselle the best weapon is the sniper rifle from v46. It has -30% block hate, which you can not get from crafting. On the other hand, Kylie and Heixing doesn't have any legendary drops. The best weapons for them are crafting weapons. In case of Kylie, you can upgrade her weapons only through crafting (that makes sense, since she is engineer).

However, it is not as simple as that. Items after lvl 40 have some special bonuses. Like + healing, or -% delay, or conditional cd reduction. Since you can upgrade items up to +9, thier base stat is not a priority. It could be possible that for a certain character a lvl 40 item will be better than lvl 50, or even legendary.

There is also very little incentive to use crafting. If you don't use any home rules, vanilla cruel/challenging can be finished with lvl 30 items. My Albus used Ryo sword from chapter 2 until the very end of the game. The gear begins to matter only in late game violent missions. However, I have a suspicion that the lack of gear could be mitigated by some smart-ass tactics. That is why the majority of player consider crafting as a trash feature.

Last edited:

CyberModuled

Savant
Finished the first two Chapters worth of content and did the first violent case with all bosses taken down. What a good fucking SRPG, Christ. The extensive list of mastery sets alone have me excited to keep going as well as the rest of the campaign's content down the line. The devs can gladly take my fucking money.

zrxno3.PNG

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
Well, the main campaign is completed. 116 hours says Steam. I've still got the DLC and some violent cases, but I guess I'll take a little break before tackling these.

Amazing game. Mad congrats to these Korean madmen for delivering so much content of such high quality.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Damn, I'm having fun. I just unlocked the great swordsman class for Albus, and the black mage class for Sion. I'm only playing on hard difficulty (I'm a coward), and it's really enjoyable. Crafting was unlocked in my current session, but I won't bother much with that.

My tactics so far has been to use everyone to draw enemy attention, while Albus and one more character goes guerrilla warfare on enemy asses. I read that he dies a lot in the beginning, due to being melee, but he's been a beast. I learned early on that cover is vital. He has survived and dodged so many attacks that saved his life. On the other hand, Sion died a lot in the beginning. I was too optimistic with him, and I had to just accept that I need to use him as a long range character. Irene is a mix of both.

My only complaint, from what I understand is that there is no mid-mission saving, but I could be wrong.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
My only complaint, from what I understand is that there is no mid-mission saving, but I could be wrong.
You can quit whenever you want during a mission and it will pick up from there the next time you load the game.

Or do you mean saving as in "saving to reload if something goes wrong"? The lack of it is a plus in my book.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I read that he dies a lot in the beginning, due to being melee, but he's been a beast. I learned early on that cover is vital. He has survived and dodged so many attacks that saved his life.
He blocks, dodges and counters just fine. Until he doesn't.
DisguisedExcellentBooby-size_restricted.gif

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can quit whenever you want during a mission and it will pick up from there the next time you load the game.

Or do you mean saving as in "saving to reload if something goes wrong"? The lack of it is a plus in my book.
Thank you, the first statement is precisely what I meant. The last mission I did had 30 enemies, and I wanted to quit the game, but I didn't dare to. I thought that I would lose progress. Good to know that you can turn off the game and come back mid-mission.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom