Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioware games vs Bethesda games

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
how is that different from the nature of exploration in most games, to go to position x to reveal things your character can see.

Well, since this is a thread comparing Bioware and Bethesda games...

Morrowind is full 3D, first or third person, and has various navigational spells such as water walking and levitation. There's several dungeons where you can find secret areas containing unique artifacts by levitating. And due to the full 3D nature of the environments, you have to actively look up to see these places. The Urshilaku burial chambers is a great example of a dungeon with lots of verticality where a lot of treasures can only be found by using levitation.

First or third person full 3D is just the inherently better perspective for exploration since it adds a whole new dimension to the environments.

BG2 realized how lame the wilderness maps of BG1 were and focused on dungeon crawls instead, removing all those filler wilderness areas. It is the far better game for it.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Considered on its own it isn't a terrible game but it was a terrible D&D adaption.

I see you're on your 12th alt, lmao.

Baldur's Gate employs AD&D 2nd Edition more accurately than the Goldbox games. The Infinity Engine games are better than the Goldbox ones in every single way.

Durlag's Tower, all by itself, is of more gaming value than the entirety of Goldbox.

Temple of Elemental evil

ToEE's employment of D&D 3.5 has been praised by me in my ToEE write-up, which is ranked first on Google.

I'm the leading commentator for ToEE, Baldur's Gate and several other GOAT games whereas you are a shitposter lost in the shuffle, and unread.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
The only time Bioware made something of note was with Neverwinter Nights, because while that was still a terrible Adaption of D&D it gave players a toolset to play around with and used multiplayer to get closer to the collective storytelling experience of D&D. The actual game was a dumpster fire, but much like with FRUA that was less important.

Baldur's Gate is BioWare's greatest achievement. There are only two achievements in the genre greater: Interplay's Fallout and Sir-Tech's Jagged Alliance 2.

The Aurora toolset is BioWare's only other great achievement: modules like Swordflight, Prophet and Bastard of Kosigan are better than any current gen garbage you're currently playing. Better than anything built on FRUA or the TES Construction Kit as well.

Indeed, Swordflight is the best RPG to come out in the past two decades.

Baldur's Gate employs AD&D 2nd Edition more accurately than the Goldbox games. The Infinity Engine games are better than the Goldbox ones in every single way.
The infinity engine games are to D&D what real-time chess is to chess.
I'm the leading commentator for ToEE, Baldur's Gate and several other GOAT games whereas you are a shitposter lost in the shuffle, and unread.
That's just pathetic, I don't need self-validation from my hobbies, I get plenty of that irl. When was the last time someone begged you to buy you an expensive drink? Congrats, you're the queen of autism.
Baldur's Gate is BioWare's greatest achievement.
Their only achievement, except the toolset, but that wasn't a game by itself.
There are only two achievements in the genre greater: Interplay's Fallout and Sir-Tech's Jagged Alliance 2.
Total poser.
modules like Swordflight, Prophet and Bastard of Kosigan are better than any current gen garbage you're currently playing.
I'm playing Wizards & Warriors and it's a better RPG than anything Bioware has ever made.
Better than anything built on FRUA or the TES Construction Kit as well.
You wouldn't know.
Indeed, Swordflight is the best RPG to come out in the past two decades.
I will admit that it is good but you're overselling it. Is the dev your boyfriend or something?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Dick, you are replying to what has become a bot, which spouts the same tired lines over and over again. You're better off ignoring it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom