Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
This is too important to be taken seriously. I want my boys to have great games to play like I did.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I have an opinion about Pathfinder but I'm afraid the Autism God Desiderius might not agree with me? What shall I do? Where shall I post?

You’re afraid of people disagreeing with you?

Then you’ve got bigger problems than little old me, hoss. Gird up your loins like a man. Your comment reads like you’re trolling yourself.

This is why it’s hard to avoid the dominance games since they all run to those for refuge instead of updating their priors and so stay stupid when the rest of us need them to get smarter.

Dude you're good at this game. A little too good some might say. Don't need to be a dick about it.

Max Damage

Savant
For someone who's supposedly good he sure is pretty assblasted because not stepping into Grease is arcane knowledge to him :lol:

Desiderius

Patron
Dude you're good at this game. A little too good some might say. Don't need to be a dick about it.

I’ve said it myself more than once. This conversation has nothing to do with that.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I said “unlike” which was mistaken. Comment deleted.

You made an observation which was mistaken in a common way that has led to many misconceptions and were provided with counter examples in an attempt to combat said misconceptions.

Desiderius

Patron
Has anyone managed to beat the Abandoned Keep as soon as Nyrissa tries to trap you? Does the story change at all? Spoil me.

You can get a healthy chunk of EXP from detecting and disarming that trap but the door's locked from the other side if I'm not mistaken.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you go on the right side (north) and just dimension door across, you can explore it before. And you can open all doors. I just did. I have the game open. Lemme get a screenshot...

Map.jpg Proof of level - main character.jpg

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Actually, I was just looking at the "Closer to PNP" mod and that kinda illustrates what I was talking about. I'm curious about design choices and I want to learn from them. That is - there are some PNP (feints) not implemented in game, probably by design decision. A good design decision.

I'm interested to see which ones were implemented, which ones weren't, and why those design decisions were made in this manner as opposed to another manner.

I really have been spending a few weeks looking through classes/kits/etc. to adapt for BG (for my own pleasure lol), and there are stuff that's too PNP oriented for a game engine (as in, it requires player/DM interpretation. More of an issue with 2e material of course). Choosing abilities and maneuvers, how to adapt, etc. for RTWP is for now interesting hobby-wise.

And so I can steal their ideas.

Edit: So, yes, this is completely abstract thought. That's pretty much all I do lol. I lost the passion for arguing about specific games, heh.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Wow nevermind this game sucks it doesn't have Soulknife uninstalling

Edit: JK. Just wondering, is the "Kingdom Resolution" mod good? Because I heard the kingdom time limit shit gets bothersome.

Edit2: Okay I lied, there is a Mindblade Magus mod. wo

Edit3: Just to show what the Soulknife is like - it's unfortunately from a 3rd party psionics book so that won't be adapted.. But it should be similar to the Mindblade Magus - without spells, instead with psi powers and really cool "Blade Skills."

I dunno but some of this shit looks fun and some seem fine for RTWP:

Blade Skills said:
Bladewind
The soulknife gains the ability to momentarily fragment her mind blade into numerous identical blades, each of which strikes at a nearby opponent. As a full attack, when wielding her mind blade, a soulknife can give up her regular attacks and instead fragment her mind blade to make one melee attack at her fullbase attack bonus against each opponent within reach. Each fragment functions identically to the soulknife’s regular mind blade. When using bladewind, the soulknife can choose to expend her psychic strike if an attack misses to reroll that attack, but none of the bladewind attacks deal any extra damage from psychic strike. When using bladewind, a soulknife forfeits any bonus or extra attacks granted by other feats or abilities (such as Cleave or haste). The mind blade immediately reverts to its previous form after the bladewind attack. A soulknife must be at least 8th level to choose this blade skill.

Bladestorm
As a full attack, when wielding her mind blade, the soulknife can give up her regular attacks and instead throw one mind blade at her full attack bonus at all opponents within 30 feet, ignoring the normal range increments for throwing a mind blade. Regardless of the number of attacks she makes, she only provokes attacks of opportunity as though she made a single ranged attack. The soulknife must possess the Bladewind blade skill to take this ability, this ability may not be used if the mind blade is in a two-handed weapon form, and the soulknife must be at least 16th level to choose this blade skill.

Multiple Throw
The soulknife can throw a number of mind blades per round equal to the number of melee attacks she could make. A soulknife must be at least 14th level to choose this blade skill.

Enhanced Range
The soulknife’s range increment when throwing her mind blade in any form doubles.

Two-Handed Throw
The soulknife gains the ability to throw her mind blade if it is in two-handed form, with a range increment of 10 ft.

(mwahaha throwing two-handed blades with melee APR up to 20ft away.)
I like those. Very unique. (From Dreamscarred Press)

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Looks like CotW mod is what you’re looking for (it does have Feint implemented up to Greater with Swordplay Upset to make the action economy viable), though I’d recommend you do at least one playthrough of unmodded to get a feel for things.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Looks like CotW mod is what you’re looking for (it does have Feint implemented up to Greater with Swordplay Upset to make the action economy viable), though I’d recommend you do at least one playthrough of unmodded to get a feel for things.
Yeah, I have no idea until I play.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

:lol::lol::lol:
About -11:20 or so, someone drags a chair or something across the floor and it sounds like an elephant fart. So the girl on the left is like: "THAT WASN'T ME! THAT WASN'T ME!".

A moment before that she was talking about "eff you see kay" in the bushes or something. I need to know - who is Kay and what was Kay doing in the bushes?.

That was me just randomly clicking to the end of the video. Russian women. They're beautiful, they can play games (or at least are interested), and they have a sense of humor.

I might even watch more than 30sec at some point.:incline:

Desiderius

Patron
You know what they used to call ghosting don’t you?

The hair prevents that. The good kind of furry if you take my meaning.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Maybe I'm failing a Dragonlance lore check, but is that first picture really of Caramon? It looks like a picture of Conan but the guy didn't note any significant additions other than the dwarf slayer. :?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Maybe I'm failing a Dragonlance lore check, but is that first picture really of Caramon? It looks like a picture of Conan but the guy didn't note any significant additions other than the dwarf slayer. :?
194-1600293965-1406114074.png

Guess so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom