Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Duralux for Durabux

Article said:
The obvious go-to choice if you’re after something similar to the Fallout experience is undoubtedly Skyrim
:nocountryforshitposters:
After another incredibly detailed open-world? You can’t go wrong with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Epic in scale and impeccably designed,
Mad Max is another open-world adventure that takes place in a post-apocalyptic setting. While it’s story might be a little thin on the ground, and the voice acting isn’t nearly as good as that of Fallout 4,

The Jester

Cipher
gz9VwGzL3765MadGxjuyRn-970-80.jpg.webp

Truly peak Fallout performance .

Darth Canoli

Arcane
gz9VwGzL3765MadGxjuyRn-970-80.jpg.webp

Truly peak Fallout performance .

I didn't play the game but i've heard it's a NuXCOM dumbed down clone with corridor maps.

Still, if everything that was "wrong" with this game was this picture, it'd be real incline.
I don't care if my soldiers are mutants, actually, it could even make a good game as long as the gameplay is inspired by the original UFO and not by the recent retarded clones.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't just want romances in all of the latest RPGs, I want female dominatrix romances in them as well. And then I want the romance to change into a dominant relationship from the male (player) pov if I become a higher level than the female party member. If developers are gonna recognise all the genders and sexual identities in gamers, then it's only fair they add kinky fetishes to the list as well.

In fact, why don't we just throw the main story out in games like W3, and have a "story fucking" mode where you just ignore all combat & RPG mechanics and just have an RPG "romance" where characters like Geralt, Triss, and Yennefer spend 90% of the game fucking?.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
I don't just want romances in all of the latest RPGs, I want female dominatrix romances in them as well. And then I want the romance to change into a dominant relationship from the male (player) pov if I become a higher level than the female party member. If developers are gonna recognise all the genders and sexual identities in gamers, then it's only fair they add kinky fetishes to the list as well.

In fact, why don't we just throw the main story out in games like W3, and have a "story fucking" mode where you just ignore all combat & RPG mechanics and just have an RPG "romance" where characters like Geralt, Triss, and Yennefer spend 90% of the game fucking?.
Nintendo, hire this man!

Darth Canoli

Arcane

The japs already released at least a billion of these games, you can probably get some advices in the weeaboo section.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
After almost two decades, Piranha Bytes fanboys are still butthurt at Morrowind and can't stop complaining about it in Gothic threads. They still blame Bethesda for PB's shitty products, which is hilarious.

Also, Gothic could be the better game (or not), but as a role-playing game Morrowind is clearly superior. It has character creation, meaningful customization options, its main character is not a voiced and predefined douchebag, and so on. Try for example playing as a smart and charismatic but weak and clumsy character in Gothic... Well, you can't, and even if you could manipulate your initial attributes in more meaningful ways than just upgrading combat skills after killing random fauna, your build still wouldn't matter: The PC will always be an expert mountaineer and swimmer, will always run at the same speed, jump around as much as he wants without getting tired, and speak the same way with everyone, attributes be damned.

And yes, I get it, Gothic's a cool Tomb Raider kind of game, it has better combat, physics, and what not. It's a good action game, but please, you should expect way more from RPGs. Which is why people outside Poland like Morrowind more.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Any computer role playing CRPG game that has relationships and sex should also has a libido meter and pregnancy as a status effect.

Bottom line, if you are going to put sex in your game, make it a stat based game mechanic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom