Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: The Frontier - New Vegas mod set in Portland and full of prosperous content

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Frontier discord trannies have been trying and failing to derail and shit up threads mocking the mod on /v/ and even tried to raid the Fallout thread on /vg/. Imagine shilling and defending a video game modification on the internet for free.

NerevarineKing

Learned
Frontier discord trannies have been trying and failing to derail and shit up threads mocking the mod on /v/ and even tried to raid the Fallout thread on /vg/. Imagine shilling and defending a video game modification on the internet for free.

That just screams insecurity. They probably know deep down its kinda shitty.

Screenshot-77.png

Definitely not "lore-friendly." No one in the Legion thinks like that, they've been indoctrinated to be true to Caesar. No one's reforming it from the inside.
I thought Caesar and Lanius were dead here. Who's the Legate she's talking about?

edit: nevermind, for some reason I thought it was set after FNV's storylines.

F.A.Q. – Fallout Newvegas The Frontier (falloutthefrontier.com)

Can I use my existing FNV character to play the mod? Do you go to the Frontier as the courier?
You visit the Frontier as the courier, the Frontier takes place in the same time span as the vanilla DLC’s. However, due to a plethora of potential bugs, we strongly suggest you create a new save for playing the Frontier, to minimize potential errors.

Did not even click on this thread before, but I just came across this:

My interest is piqued.

The mod might be a fetish fest but this attitude is so slimy I can't help but feel annoyed.

"Yeah I'm not trying to cancel anyone but I did some research and I think this needs to be known, teehee"

Last edited:

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State

Uh... They do know that the Midwestern Brotherhood recruited mutants and that it was built around accepting the flaws of their recruits, as long as they filled their roles, right? Oh, who am I kidding? Oh course they don't! Also, love that the little rape bait is a red headed Asian who can't feel pain! This mod is getting more disturbing and disgusting with each passing post.

Voice actors now apologizing for being a part of this disgusting fetish fest:
"I voice acted for a character in this mod and to be honest, I'm not ashamed. I gave the performance my best and to me that's what matters. I played the mayor of some town, some guy named Grant. I feel sorry for everyone who waited seven years for this." -madman
I feel so bad for the people who took part in this project and are now ashamed. They had no idea what they were getting into.

Last edited:

Payd Shell

Arcane
The old school guys from the 80s, 90s and early 2000s, based on a lot of things. Game devs were nerds who often read a bunch of cool old literature, played tabletop games, saw loads of epic movies, etc.

Nowadays, modern game devs seem to base games on... games.
Hayao Miyazaki said something similar about anime. Artists from his generation tended to make anime based on their interests, experiences or fantasies while today's artists are shutins who are afraid of interacting with other people and thus base their anime on other anime, leading to a cycle of cannibalization until not a single original thought is left. It's peak culture industry, people have been so brainwashed by bland products masquerading as art they can't even comprehend art as anything other than another iteration of the same trash. And they don't even need to sell their shit, which just shows how deeply this problem runs.

Payd Shell

Arcane
Unless this option only shows when you picked the wild wasteland perk this is... well.

Takamori

Learned
The old school guys from the 80s, 90s and early 2000s, based on a lot of things. Game devs were nerds who often read a bunch of cool old literature, played tabletop games, saw loads of epic movies, etc.

Nowadays, modern game devs seem to base games on... games.
Hayao Miyazaki said something similar about anime. Artists from his generation tended to make anime based on their interests, experiences or fantasies while today's artists are shutins who are afraid of interacting with other people and thus base their anime on other anime, leading to a cycle of cannibalization until not a single original thought is left. It's peak culture industry, people have been so brainwashed by bland products masquerading as art they can't even comprehend art as anything other than another iteration of the same trash. And they don't even need to sell their shit, which just shows how deeply this problem runs.
So...RPGs were a mistake.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
So...RPGs were a mistake.
Dungeons & Dragons based itself on miniatures wargaming, board wargames, military Kriegsspiele, fantasy literature, medieval legends, classical mythology, actual history, fantasy/SF/horror films, the Society for Creative Anachronism, and anything else from the experiences of Dave Arneson, Gary Gygax, and other contributors that could find a place within this synthesis. It's only post-TSR iterations that fell victim to the Ourobouros by divorcing themselves from the original inspirations and instead becoming derivatives created by people whose knowledge is limited to earlier RPGs, RPG novels, CRPGs, et cetera, meaning that D&D has become a derivation of a derivation --- an affliction also affecting many computer RPGs. :M

RangerBoo

Arcane
A couple of friends play The Frontier together.

Fallout: New Vegas: The Frontier is the latest and most anticipated mod for NV, ever since Project Brazil/New California has been released. Though, with New California being hot garbage, expectations are high for The Frontier to blow players away with it's story and quests, boasting 15 hours of gameplay. Unfortunately, The Frontier has always presented itself as an action-packed romp, filled with Michael Bay explosions, a tacticool NCR, and ripping off MGSV's GDC 2013 trailer. Could the gameplay be any good? No. It's pretty ass. So much ass, Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 look good in comparison. Even Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel wasn't this horrendous. Not to mention, those games didn't blatantly rip off Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. If you thought Hunt Down The Freeman was pretentious, you ain't seen nothing yet. This schlock is just as bad. Buckle in, kids. We got some bad mods to laugh at.
They have no idea what they are in for.

just

Liturgist
looks like the real inspiration were skyrim mods on loverslab
only thing missing is an animation pack

RangerBoo

Arcane
Is there anything that you can't shag in this mod?

The Enclave.
Hey man! The Enclave are evil fascists and are a sexual power fantasy for those evil, racist, fascist Trump supporters! However, let me insert my fetish of being a legionary who enslaves a barely legal, emotionally broken, teenage girl into my foot slave.

Also, I love that the only female member of the Legion is a black chick. So progressive! The Legion are also diverse and inclusive to both the sexes and race! Even though the Legion in the vanilla game don't give a shit about race like many in the post-war world they don't really look too kindly to women fighting in the army as what is it that Otho says?
Know your place, woman. Unlike the Profligates of the NCR, only men fight in the Legion.
But you know a faction that wasn't racists and also inclusive to women? The Enclave!

lightbane

Arcane
Or it's intentional and part of the movement to corrupt everything. Either way, this thread delivers. At least loverslab mods don't pretend to be something else.

RangerBoo

Arcane
Or it's intentional and part of the movement to corrupt everything. Either way, this thread delivers. At least loverslab mods don't pretend to be something else.
LoversLab mods are at least honest. You know what you are going to get yourself into the moment you visits the site. They don't pretend to be something their not. This mod on the other hand is a pretentious dumpster fire filled to the brimmed with all kinds of weird fetishes. Even the LoversLab modders are making fun of this mod from what I've seen in the YouTube comment sections saying that they are at least honest with their mods and try to add some quality with the kinky stuff. If the modders for The Frontier ended up on a sex offenders watch list I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom