Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Note of the outskirts - blobber by Cryptrat

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
V1.0.12 released

Fixes :
- The effects of drugs, namely Rum, Pain killer, Accuracy drug and Speed used to be
applied like the character had the Connoisseur feat even when not. This was fixed.
- Deleting an only one entry in the log made the game freeze. This was fixed.
- Reloading weapons could leave a (x0) quantity of ammo in the inventory. This was fixed.
- Energy unit and Big energy unit were called otherwise in some places. This was fixed.
- Some text fixes.

Changes :
- The characters now try to use the first attack of their weapon by default, instead of guarding.
- Some feats of enemies were changed and some of their stats were lowered.
- Strong human enemies of the last floors were given more consumables that they won't use but that you can get when you kill them.
- Some human enemies were given more ammo.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I need a little hint again. I descended to level two (or three) from starting floor and the wall moved behind my back. I explored great swatches of lower levels, saw and solved a Knight's room on ice level, saw a magma lake, saw, but not solved, that X-room with a hidden door (just around that area with a treasure under first level moving wall, forbidden area and pitfalls ), but now I don't have rations (last food that I ate was looted from an enemy's corpse) and overall want to return and finish first level. Is there a way to return at all?
EDIT: I know about illusionary wall (24,54,3), but looks like it leads nowhere.

Last edited:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
There are stairs going up not far from here.
Found it! Can't understand how, because previously always missed that corridor. Probably, pressed some plate (the game has them, right?) or just tried to walk in another direction. Oh sweet iron rations...

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I saw that crushing wall just under the village. Damn, I was lucky and missed it first time. Great work!
EDIT: Found a small bug. When you descend the stairs, that cell is not mapped. So you need to say NO, map cell and then descend.

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I need a little hint again. I descended to level two (or three) from starting floor and the wall moved behind my back. I explored great swatches of lower levels, saw and solved a Knight's room on ice level, saw a magma lake, saw, but not solved, that X-room with a hidden door (just around that area with a treasure under first level moving wall, forbidden area and pitfalls ), but now I don't have rations (last food that I ate was looted from an enemy's corpse) and overall want to return and finish first level. Is there a way to return at all?
EDIT: I know about illusionary wall (24,54,3), but looks like it leads nowhere.
There are a lot of ways up and down from each floor, and many areas can only be reached from the floor above or below, so much so that I've found myself plotting routes on the maps when I needed to get to a particular area, weaving along both axes, which I think is really cool. There's a lot of stuff behind that illusory wall you mention, by the way, though no stairs up.

As for my own progress, I haven't been playing for a couple of days, although I'm definitely not through with the game yet. As rewarding as the exploration still is, finding the end did let the air out of the balloon somewhat. I'm also finding floors 1 and 0 to be less interesting than the top three. That's mostly because those set the bar incredibly high, and in the case of floor 0 also because all the chutes leading down to it necessitates a lot of water. Still, it felt like the top three each had their own distinct theme that was reinforced by the level design extremely well, and I'm just not getting the same from these bottom two, f1 in particular. Mind you, I did greatly enjoy the puzzle with the
5x5 room and instructions for where each step would take you in relation to the last. That was very cool.

And in place of the usual feedback this time, some general wonderings (that I don't necessarily want answered by CryptRat, although vague hints are always fun). Very mild spoilers:
Still not sure what the deal is with those conveyor belts on f1 that you can access from the lower left of f0. My dudes are detecting some invisible walls in the vicinity, but I can't get to them from down there, and I haven't found any other ways of reaching them yet.
Also on f1, possibly related to the above: still haven't been able to get past those teleporters in the hallways leading south-west from the main sluice room. I can't jump them, and so I'm at a loss. Maybe there's a different way in altogether, and I've just missed it. I'm pretty sure I'm close to fully mapping the uppermost three floors, though. Having the same issue in the bottom right of f2. What can be done? It is a mystery.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Also on f1, possibly related to the above: still haven't been able to get past those teleporters in the hallways leading south-west from the main sluice room. I can't jump them, and so I'm at a loss.
Oh, sorry, I didn't even get your problem at first because that is the part where you could get stuck (which was even worse) and since I switched one teleporter which would get you outside and one which would get you inside so you can leave I never realized there's this small part where you can't go anymore (there's nothing here or I would have maybe realized) and it's indeed a bit trolling in current state. I don't know what I'm going to do but what's certain is that you should not search here.

Therefore I just brung my party into the two other places you mention to make 100% sure they are still reachable and unless I'm misinterpreting your post these two other places indeed look like there are some paths you have not found/taken yet and it is not some trolling stuff.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
rTsm40e.png
(Sluice room in the upper right)

So if I'm understanding you correctly, the area around the concentric squares with all the teleporters has a bit that's inaccessible? I'm guessing it would just complete the outermost square, so X 27-36 on Y 26? But the two corridors past the spinner in the centre-left fork have alternate paths leading to them which I just haven't found yet, right?

That reminds me, I still haven't figured out what all the clues scattered around f3 are for. Many mysteries still unsolved...

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
So if I'm understanding you correctly, the area around the concentric squares with all the teleporters has a bit that's inaccessible? I'm guessing it would just complete the outermost square, so X 27-36 on Y 26? But the two corridors past the spinner in the centre-left fork have alternate paths leading to them which I just haven't found yet, right?
Exactly.

Last edited:

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Some text issues
- Geiger counter: radition instead of 'Variations'
- Braineater: ''can directly target the opponent's mind,,
- Combat log: damage instead of damages, right now everything is listed as e.g. 16 impact damages

Bugs
- Pistol sword: Doesn't seem to consume ammunition
- Long-armed feat: I am able to hit enemies outside my maximum range with this feat. I have a melee guy with 1 perception and he can hit things 10 m away now. Is this intended?

I need a clue for the top left password (bottom right solved), here's what I have tried thus far
I tried adding the two words 'horizontally' (iseeisle/isee isle) and 'vertically' (iisselee). I then tried to convert the letters into their respective numbers and adding them normally (1011080) but I also tried to add them 'vertically' the same way I did with the letters (18381710). Then I tried to convert this last attempt back into letters (rlqj) but that didn't do it either.
What am I missing?

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Thanks, will fix those.
- Long-armed feat: I am able to hit enemies outside my maximum range with this feat. I have a melee guy with 1 perception and he can hit things 10 m away now. Is this intended?
Yes, no behaviour problem there, only awful texts I need to change. After Strange Fellow brung the point I eventually understood why Max Range is called Max Range, it's because in the description of the attack it's written "ATTACK = 8 (MAX RANGE = 10M)" which is meant to mean that 10M is the max range where your attack is actually 8 and it decreases when the enemy is further away, and which is why I did not instantly switch the two texts MAX RANGE and RANGE, but yes I need better texts.
What am I missing?
The hint is indeed there, and you're quite close. Maybe the quite awful "I" in the text may mean you want to look at that from a different angle.

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The hint is indeed there, and you're quite close. Maybe the quite awful "I" in the text may mean you want to look at that from a different angle.
I got it, should've known - I even think I have fallen for this dumb trick before in another game :lol:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Is it better if I keep RANGE (I guess this one is fine) but change MAX RANGE to CORRECT RANGE?

Max is clearly terrible since the actual max is indeed the other number, but I feel like words such as optimal, perfect or best may be confusing too, like it would actually be some best range, better than if the enemy is closer. Any suggestion?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Is it better if I keep RANGE (I guess this one is fine) but change MAX RANGE to CORRECT RANGE?
Correct range sounds iffy. So, it should be read as 8 attack AT 10 range. Got it. Optimal sounds good too.
EDIT: For firearms maybe point-blank is good, but there is a problem. As I understand, you are talking about MAX RANGE stat that it is derived from a perception? Give me thirty minutes, I'll make some. VISION? LINE OF SIGHT? RANGE OF VISION? AIM?

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Thanks. I think your first suggestion is the good one. The name used for the description (any of your suggestion will fit) when the part is highlighted will appear only in the description but that's not a big deal, what matters is the actual description here.

Last edited:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I need a clue for the top left password (bottom right solved), here's what I have tried thus far
Pretty much describes my attempts to solve it.
LSEE
+
LSLE
I tried to use even ASCII-codes, but alas.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Seconding optimal range. Yeah it's not perfect, but it's not actively misleading in the same way as max range. There's always the tooltip for clearing up confusion, while wrong assumptions can stick for a long time.

Edit: the parenthesis thing is better.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Is it really surprising? Fluent appears to enjoy AAA stuff but also shovelware grognard dungeon crawlers and obscure mods to me.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
When you are deleting last numbered entry from the journal, you are deleting previous entry instead. Probably something with indices or returning last element if you are using some recursive function. Checked on 1.0.2 too - error is present, so it's not looks like result of your previous patching.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom