Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Quillon

Arcane
After the last patch, the game actually seems to recognize I'm using lethal force to eliminate the cyberpsychos, the messages are a bit different.
Not that I expect it to matter...

in the end regina says something like "and you killed none of them", it was sooo rewarding to hear that extra line after 17 psychos, made all the reloads worth it(cos blunt weps killed them half the time in my game), really :P

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
After the last patch, the game actually seems to recognize I'm using lethal force to eliminate the cyberpsychos, the messages are a bit different.

in the end regina says something like "and you killed none of them", it was sooo rewarding to hear that extra line after 17 psychos, made all the reloads worth it(cos blunt weps killed them half the time in my game), really :p

I preferred gunning them down and then just not shooting them anymore once they fell over. Half the time they were still on fire and I'd been shooting them in the face. lol

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

in the end regina says something like "and you killed none of them", it was sooo rewarding to hear that extra line after 17 psychos, made all the reloads worth it(cos blunt weps killed them half the time in my game), really :P

I was expecting an extra bit in the epilogue or something for completing all the cyberpsychos non-lethally. But nope, just a line of dialogue.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Heh, after rewatching old gameplay trailer I remember how confused I was about the ricochet system in the game. The trailer showed a visual display for them after all. "How is that supposed to work, I am not seeing anything" I wondered.
Turns out you need an eye mod for that! A mod that never dropped for me, nor the majority of players it seems. :hahano:
Since 99% of the consoletards switch to autoaim smartguns ASAP anyway, and most of the other players just shoot through walls, because tech weapons fall off the sky... that's some very questionable game design decision affecting at least 1/3 of all guns....
Considering that the "grenade radius" mod is fixed loot in the first mission, I would even put it past CDPR that it was originally the ricochet mod, so they never added it to the loot table...

When I get home, I need to make a ripperdoc tour to see if you can at least buy it somewhere.
And let's be honest here: most of us didn't even know for a long time ripperdocs have an extra inventory, thanks to the awkward "no clicky tab, use Q/E instead!" :argh:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Also a another funny thing:
Remember the moment when V crawls out of the garbage heap? The game says: "use W/S to crawl", which is already bullshit. You cannot move backwards, you actually don't move at all, you just hold W to continue the interactive cutscene.
When I played that, I only pressed W once, and guess what?
The audio there is not dynamic. It's a fixed track that plays, even if you do not move! You can hear V moving onwards and falling of the fridge, even if you stay still. :hahano:
And if you do continue, it's just awkward silence....

Why would you... I don't even...

I continue to be baffled about what goes on in the head of a crunched potato dev.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
As you noticed, its an ocular mod. The very first ripperdoc you visit, Victor Vektor, should have them (he also offers the legendary Kiroshi Mk. III - after you've repaid your debt to him)...
But you're right that the "extra mod stock" access is extremely unintuitive and it took me a long time before I found out about it.

The ricochets are a gimmick, though. IF there weren't Tech + Smart guns present (or maybe if they would be far more rare and valuable), they'd have a niche. As it is... nope. Or maybe if, like it was suggested in one of the vids, there was a visual aid - showing where on the wall/floor/ceiling you should aim to connect your shots with enemies. As it is, its doable, but other then shooting under enemy feet, it takes WAAY too much time & effort, given that you can simply headshot them trough 5 floors instead. And usually deal more damage too.

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

in the end regina says something like "and you killed none of them", it was sooo rewarding to hear that extra line after 17 psychos, made all the reloads worth it(cos blunt weps killed them half the time in my game), really :p

I preferred gunning them down and then just not shooting them anymore once they fell over. Half the time they were still on fire and I'd been shooting them in the face. lol
After installing the kiroshi mod that turns all damage to non-lethal it's trivial to take them out without killing, though.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Guess so. But installing cyberware or a weapon mod, that will change a highly lethal weapon into a harmless one sounds iffy to me.

typical user

Arbiter
Guess so. But installing cyberware or a weapon mod, that will change a highly lethal weapon into a harmless one sounds iffy to me.

Because there should be a mod for a weapon like rubber bullets or sedative darts or something that deals very low damage but can take out your target. The only good thing about this optics mod is disabled headshot damage but it should go further and disable crits too and block your trigger if you aim at the head.

EDIT. About Patch 1.1 I just hope the devs are working on re-release of the game and trying to implement all planned features and those patches are just smoke and mirrors to keep the audience shut. But then again they could just communicate the game is an early access and they will bring something more when it's ready.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Downing cyberpychos is so wonky in this game. It seems they are generally coded to be only incapacitated regardless of dmg done to them, BUT!
Enemies are set to "downed" at the beginning of their animation, if your gun has lingering dot that does another tick, or you whack with a baseball bat again, he's dead. Shit, I once killed an enemy with the 1 dmg from hitting him with a grenade.

The most reliable way to achieve a non-lethal takedown for me was.... headshots with the assplosive anti-materiel rifle. :hahano:

I found quickhacks to be the most reliable way to deal non-lethal, but yes, single massive damage headshots also work surprisingly well. Unfortunately, despite everything sometimes enemies still die, I suspect when their body touches the ground thanks to wonky physics. Good thing (yeah, right) it almost never matters if you knock everyone unconscious or blow them to pieces.

Perkel

Arcane
The ricochets are a gimmick, though.

50/50.

I thought they were gimmick until i started to play with LMGs. Especially in closed spaces (which is 80% of game) it just rips through everything and i don't even need to aim accurately.

Overall each "second mode" has its ups and down:

- ricochet - great in closed spaces useless outside
- smart - great in open spaces, useless inside
- tech - medium at both

Imho more enemies should have tech weapons. A lot of snipers do have them which is nice as it forces you out of cover

kangaxx

Arbiter
But installing cyberware or a weapon mod, that will change a highly lethal weapon into a harmless one sounds iffy to me.

Agreed, I thought this was so lazy that it felt like another of the many placeholders that made the final cut. Why not have different ammo types instead?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
As you noticed, its an ocular mod. The very first ripperdoc you visit, Victor Vektor, should have them (he also offers the legendary Kiroshi Mk. III - after you've repaid your debt to him)...
He does sell the legendary +50% headshot mod, but I don't think he has the ricochet one, which is only a green mod. At least not as fixed stock, RNG might apply.
Ironically the blue mods drop like candy, as does the green assploshun radius, but the green +crit% was already rare as hell for me, IIRC I found one in total.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
But installing cyberware or a weapon mod, that will change a highly lethal weapon into a harmless one sounds iffy to me.

Agreed, I thought this was so lazy that it felt like another of the many placeholders that made the final cut. Why not have different ammo types instead?
As I said earlier, I looks like lazy last minute idea, so even players who like to spray and pray all the time can get their precious asschievments.
Having to compromise to get anything? Not in 2020. :obviously:

Bethesda trained me to play with my own house rules and selflimitashuns, so I don't really care anymore.
I prefer an otherwise easy game you can make better by not using all the tools, over a game that forces you into one specific build unless you want every fight to take forever.
Like ESO. Everyone switched between bow and dual wield. You want to go 2h? Every fight becomes a fucking drag. :argh:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
The ricochets are a gimmick, though.

50/50.

I thought they were gimmick until i started to play with LMGs. Especially in closed spaces (which is 80% of game) it just rips through everything and i don't even need to aim accurately.

Overall each "second mode" has its ups and down:

- ricochet - great in closed spaces useless outside
- tech - medium at both

Imho more enemies should have tech weapons. A lot of snipers do have them which is nice as it forces you out of cover

Quite many enemies sport Quasars for example. Not that they use their speshul properties.

Okay, guess ricochet might be nice for rapid fire guns in tight spaces. I tend to use short-burst, accurate rifles instead (Nowaki/Masamune at first, later Achilles/Widow Maker).
But then again, a SPT32 Grad does the wall penetration trick while being a Power weapon, which makes ricochet even less important.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
But then again, a SPT32 Grad does the wall penetration trick while being a Power weapon, which makes ricochet even less important.
Knowing this game, it is probably unintended, like the way the Burya works. But fat chance they would ever admit that.
No surprise the "odd behaviour" ones are the most used in this game.
Like "Comrade's Hammer". I put it back on wall very quick, it's just too much. Sheet, it's like calling in nukular strikes every time you fire. Through walls. :hahano:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Not sure its unintended. Look at the text description of the Grad.
However certainly poorly balanced...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

I don't know. From the times I used smart weapons, they seemed alright, because you can aim around cover and let the homing effect tag the guys anyway which might also cause them to fully stumble out of cover.

Yeah, they are often not bad even in closed spaces. Particularly when your're on some elevation and have enemies running towards you (other snipers are not great vs enemies charging you, unless they are still far). However their trajectory is kinda fixed and if there's some kind of obstacle in its parabolic path, you waste the shot...

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Not sure its unintended. Look at the text description of the Grad.
However certainly poorly balanced...
Mmmm yesh, the Grad is superior soviet tech an anti-materiel rifle after all, would really suck at it's job if it gets stopped by the door of a rotting Lada Samara. :hahano:

Come to think of it, the Burya is glorious soviet tech as well... yep, working as intended. :salute:

But... talking about balance in this game is opening a can of hellspawn worms that would drive even Sawyer into suicide.
Enough for the mainquest, where you are "supposed" to sneak most of the time anyways.

typical user

Arbiter
More to my fanfic I wrote on previous page:

What if CDPR wanted to have clone of Silverhand brainwashed with his memories and we would have a choice to reimplant non-censored memories and have him become 'real'? I write this because there is huge disconnect in the game as there are a lot of posters and 'Where's Johnny' tags around the city 54 years after the war. It could explain why radio-host in 2018 demo was talking about 'his last ride'. Could be another ending instead of getting rid of the Relic to use it on someone who would want to see the truth. It could be another Peralez-moment.

The game suffers from dissonance where the player has different mechanics like knock-back, cripple-movement, optics reboot and enemies are able to use only overheat. Rarely I got attacked by someone using smart-weapon, it could be a counter to high-mobility builds but that doesn't happen in the game.

I'm pretty sure at least some power weapons go right through cover. Sniper rifles and Johnny's pistol certainly did so for me, at least from mid game to the end. Maybe it's about weapon damage? Deal enough damage in one shot and the weapon penetrates whatever is between it and the head of the unfortunate target?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom