Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Reinhardt

Arcane
No quote - no romances.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Lazy useless fagsCodexers...
I hope you are joking. So whats incline then, real time + online + first person? :lol::lol:
Also procedurally-generated. :lol:
+ some card-based system
And don't forget pixel graphics.
And don't forget elves.

NEVER FORGET THE ELVES. :imperialscum:

With cinematic dialogues and unskipabble cutscenes.
Romances! How could you all forget them romances? Everyone's romanceable, including kobolds.
You all forgot about cooldowns and level restricted tier itemization...

Aemar

Arcane
https://www.realms-beyond.com/forum/index.php?topic=374.90

hello,
No communication on Discor, www.realms-beyond.com or on steam. They got € 125,000. And they also had state aid of 100,000 €.
It's a great game, a great demo. But by acting like that. Many people will turn away from the game. It is important to maintain trust. We can understand that there is delay.

Thank you for a new message to tell us where you are?

Both the Steam boards and their own forums have pretty much been abandoned, and I reckon Discord as well. These people should have at least the decency to provide a minumum amount of info regarding the current status. Their hundreds of backers deserve to know what's going on.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Their hundreds of backers deserve to know what's going on.
If they still haven't realized what's going on, they deserve nothing. You need at least a single brain cell to be considered a human being.

This game is cursed, people just need to let it go.

The GOG trailer ends with a hilarious "Release: early 2020". You know why it's hilarious? It was posted in August 2020. They aren't even trying anymore.

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
They need to be held accountable for that state aid they received. Germany could have used that money to import more quality citizens instead.

Actually, to make up for the jarl* incident, they donated all that money to NGOs that work towards true social justice. That is why they are part timing now.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
They need to be held accountable for that state aid they received. Germany could have used that money to import more quality citizens instead.

Actually, to make up for the jarl* incident, they donated all that money to NGOs that work towards true social justice. That is why they are part timing now.
Oh my god, if this isn't a joke, this is funnier than any joke I've read this month.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Yup, have you even tried to visit their Discord? Nowadays most devs post on Discord and then Steam forums. There's quite a drama going on today over there. It promises to maybe even be on Wayward Realms lvl, even has some kind of soft managerial coup element and saying FU to gud business deals. Why is every RPG with "Realms" in its name cursed?

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
FUG00.png

FUG01.png

FUB.png

There's more to it, pretty much what The Wall said.

Some backers will be emailing one of the Ceres owners to demand an update.

Damn shame.

Edit: Uploaded the first two screen caps, not quite the full conversation but the important comments are in there. :Flash:

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
[UPDATE] Last time Devs heared from their de facto CEO, who said NO! in last min. to gud business deal, was over 6-8 months ago. Fate of gud portion of 100k € government subsidy is unknown. Kickstarter money burned

L-MAO!
:hero:

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
There should always, ALWAYS be only one decision maker, unless you have a strong and working procedure for collective decision making which I doubt could be the case with such small business companies. Still hoping for best, though can’t see it’ll depart anywhere soon.

Aemar

Arcane
Goddammit man, I put so much (relatively speaking) money into this. I wonder where it all went.

Not bad. I was going to propose the Jimmy the Gent - Morrie scene from Goodfellas, but I think what happened in the TBL is more spectacular.

Yup, have you even tried to visit their Discord? Nowadays most devs post on Discord and then Steam forums.
I don't use Discord tbh. The Steam boards and their own forums are one of the main visible facets of their business, more visible than their Discord channel. Totally ignoring those places says a lot about their attitude towards their customers. I have no idea if the Stellar Tactics dev uses a Discord channel or not, but he's ever-present on the Steam boards, keeping in touch with the people who bought his early acces release. That's called respect.

There's more to it, pretty much what The Wall said.

Some backers will be emailing one of the Ceres owners to demand an update.

Damn shame.

Edit: Uploaded the first two screen caps, not quite the full conversation but the important comments are in there.
Well, I'd say the situation is critical (to say the least) when one of the main devs says they are still fucked up until further notice.

Fate of gud portion of 100k € government subsidy is unknown. Kickstarter money burned

L-MAO!
:hero:
thief-runs-away-with-a-sack-vector-33029382.jpg

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
So after months they still have no money, no team and only the vague promise that someone, someday might give lots of money. Yet the Thread title still hasn't been changed to "Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen now dead and abandoned"

Last edited:
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, I'd say the situation is critical (to say the least) when one of the main devs says they are's still fucked up until further notice.

I agree. Recently I was thinking that early access wouldn't happen before 2022, but I was confident they would get this thing done. Not anymore. I'd say this project is teetering on the edge. The covid situation has surely made things much harder.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
With comments like that, my friend, we could do with a Fabulously Pessimistic rating. :D
The same guys already tried to make the same game before and failed spectacularly.

Then they come up asking for money for an even bigger project with even bigger promises.

Knowing that this was going nowhere from the start is not being pessimistic, but being rational. And thinking that this was going somewhere is not being optimistic, but gullible. They tricked me with the combat beta, but I am in fact very optimistic and easy to fool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom