Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gargaune

Magister
What i hear though is the composer not having a very good grasp on how to change keys, create new phrases to bring about new subject matter(Harmonic progression) All sort of mismash of ideas.

[...]
Dude, tidy that up a little bit, it's hard to follow. Because otherwise it's interesting to read a musician's perspective on why BG3's score comes across so stale, all most of us laymen can do is waffle on whether or not we like the final product.
He's actually quite clear when you know what the hell he's talking about, but there's a reason I never go into technical aspects of music on here (unless it's super egregious like those off-key/out of tune moments in PoE2). The theory is arcane and obscure, and explaining anything is like pulling teeth.
I wasn't telling him off, I just meant the post is hard to follow along with it because of formatting. Despite that, what he's saying is interesting, even if non-musicians like me can only vaguely get the gist of it.

Poseidon00

Arcane
I really dunno why people were gushing over BG3's soundtrack

Soundtrack? There's a soundtrack? I cared so little about it I didn't notice.

Who the hell is gushing over it? It's average at best after turning BG3 back on. It's certainly no Final Fantasy Tactics, where I can tell the song just from a few seconds of listening and are all good.

Gargaune

Magister
Who the hell is gushing over it? It's average at best after turning BG3 back on.
I do recall seeing some people expressing their enthusiasm at it back when this thread was still young. Don't ask me for names, it's not like I keep a .txt for opinions I disagree with.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
When composing music for something, Media, your composing a Suite. That Suite should be able to be played in full at the end of the Media.
You are being fabulously optimistic there, buddy. I have composed for film, it isn't like you'd think.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Swen where is the promised January update?

:x
It coming homeboy

GoldenWaryCrow-size_restricted.gif

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So what's the overall take on the game? Good, bad, indifferent?
Let's look at what people who actually played the game think:

5Zevjwz.png

Now would you look at that, even in its current state 88% think it's a great game... The codex is getting butt blasted again. And keep on shilling for BG3 Ontoposhit.

Cool. Larian with 300+ employees managed to get 88%. Tactical Adventures with less than 10% of Larian employees...

9K9fIcG.png

Solasta has a higher rating anyways. Imagine being happy that a company with 400+ employees and over a decade of experience was beat by a team of a couple dozen who can't even draw a proper GUI. Or who can't afford to put more than 5 classes into their game.

Come on, solasta UI is great. The lack of classes is a flaw but that is it.

Their homebrew stuff like shock arcanist is great. LArian homebrew stuff is awful. Disengage as a bonus action and hp bloat...

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
So what's the overall take on the game? Good, bad, indifferent?
Let's look at what people who actually played the game think:

5Zevjwz.png

Now would you look at that, even in its current state 88% think it's a great game... The codex is getting butt blasted again. And keep on shilling for BG3 Ontoposhit.

Cool. Larian with 300+ employees managed to get 88%. Tactical Adventures with less than 10% of Larian employees...

9K9fIcG.png

Solasta has a higher rating anyways. Imagine being happy that a company with 400+ employees and over a decade of experience was beat by a team of a couple dozen who can't even draw a proper GUI. Or who can't afford to put more than 5 classes into their game.

Come on, solasta UI is great. The lack of classes is a flaw but that is it.

Their homebrew stuff like shock arcanist is great. LArian homebrew stuff is awful. Disengage as a bonus action and hp bloat...

Lol, only 2400 reviews? Nobody cares about Solasta crap.

BG 3 is the new hot crpg boys.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lol, only 2400 reviews? Nobody cares about Solasta crap.

Nobody cares, or nobody heard about Solasta?

Brand recognition is so vital for the success of a product that some brands value billions if not trillions.

BG 3 is the new hot crpg boys.

Nope. Is Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous in classical CRPG department and Cyberbug 2077 on the "ARPG" department.

Gargaune

Magister
He should be at the most western part of that map (somewhat to the south). He's standing by a weird cage. On the mini-map, he's a green dot, if that helps.
https://imgur.com/D7DzNI7
Thanks, man, I'll have a look in that corner! If he's still not there, I might just murder the other two goblin leaders and see if that triggers his spawn.
Just in case anyone runs into the same problem, this is the solution: it's not enough to rescue Halsin even if Kagha's already closed the Grove, you still have to kill all three of the goblin leaders before he'll spawn at your camp and dish out the next quest. Now it's on the Underdark... I hate the Underdark.

And while I'm hating on things - not that I necessarily object to knocking Gale around a bit, but having to do it in combat just to be able to dispel my own Fog Cloud is a bit of a pain in the ass. I miss ToEE.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Thanks Larian for doing to the Baldur's Gate name, what Fallout 3 did to Fallout name... When a modern RPG gamer meets a (g)old RPG.

jkisPEh.png
Yes.
These are the people I spoke of. True RPG connoisseurs, that would buy a RPG in early access and give BG3 a positive review on Steam.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Also imagine not being able to play a game that me and my retarded friends beat when we were 7 years old.

I just tried to explaining Thac0 some young co workers of mine. The confused look on their faces were remarkable.

:negative:
I will admit that it's a needlessly convoluted mechanics, but is the concept of SUBTRACTIONS really that hard?

:deathclaw:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom