Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
There's something we're not being told here, no one just loses all contact with the manager and co-owner of his company for months and thinks "this is fine".
Agree. You gotta be retadred to believe that
Thou we do live in Retarded Times

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Now they are on Discord mourning the possible death of this Drude (ghost CEO) and excusing his behaviour because "he developed anxiety thanks to pandemic which makes him allergic to phone calls"

BTW, he was last time seen on LinkedIn a few moments ago. Gamers are such naive bitches

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Now they are on Discord mourning the possible death of this Drude (ghost CEO) and excusing his behaviour because "he developed anxiety thanks to pandemic which makes him allergic to phone calls"

BTW, he was last time seen on LinkedIn a few moments ago. Gamers are such naive bitches

Or maybe they are playing gullible bitch to wash their hand off the mistake.

The fact is when they know what money they have and probably what money the German government gives they should already planned the scope that they need to do.

Any funding outside of that is nice to have but is not something that you need to depend upon for the development.

It's like getting a budget for a project in a company but crating the scope in such a way that you will definitely need additional time and funding to get stuff finished. They could probably hire a competent project manager, have less money for development, and probably still create something more than half baked beta and a dead game.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Anyone who thought they needed only 100k to make this game (or claimed that was the case) is even more naive than HobGoblin42 seems to be.
I don't think anybody ever thought this was a 100k game. But if you go on Kickstarter asking for 100k, it's fair to assume that you already have or at least know how to get the rest of the funds. If you go on Kickstarter asking for 100k but you really want 200k and even that's not really enough, and then you tell everyone that the result of the campaign will allow you to develop your project as planned, I think it's fair to call you a piece of shit.

They already knew how this was going to end the day the Kickstarter ended.

:Flash:

Arcane
Anyone who thought they needed only 100k to make this game (or claimed that was the case) is even more naive than HobGoblin42 seems to be.
I don't think anybody ever thought this was a 100k game. But if you go on Kickstarter asking for 100k, it's fair to assume that you already have or at least know how to get the rest of the funds. If you go on Kickstarter asking for 100k but you really want 200k and even that's not really enough, and then you tell everyone that the result of the campaign will allow you to develop your project as planned, I think it's fair to call you a piece of shit.

They already knew how this was going to end the day the Kickstarter ended.
Well they did have a plan, which was use the kickstarter fund to develop a prototype that can get them an investor/publisher. Which is how basically all the kickstarter games work.
And they got their working prototype.
The more money you get out of your kickstarter, the better your negotiating position for this deal is, because the more interest by gamers it shows.
So they had a shitty negotiating position, which (I guess) is why Drude didn't want to take the deal and wrote a pissy mail which broke the deal. HobGob knew that beggars can't be choosers, which is why he considered the deal to be fair and wanted to take it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I mean, if it isn't clear now, this team is incapable of managing a development process. This interview with bitComposer seems awfully understated in retrospect considering the amount of bullshit the publisher must have dealt with:

https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9094

I am especially inclined to believe this:

I am sure other publishers in our situation would have already shut down the studio a few months ago.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Man, I was super-hyped for this game not gonna lie :dealwithit:

Market needs more hardcore party-based RPGs for sure. Cyberpunk 2077 does NOT count lol.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Once again, I'm reminded that I gave money to these assholes. :negative:
Never pledged to a crowdfunding project and I intend to keep it that way.

:keepmyjewgold:
I have given away money on Kickstarter, but only to trustworthy people who had already proven their integrity, devotion, and reliability with previous games. Pierre didn't disappoint me with Knights of the Chalice 2, and I'm sure Owlcat won't disappoint me with Wrath of the Righteous.

If you pledge your money to people with a history of unreliability and failed projects, you are basically asking to get scammed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom