Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
giphy.gif

Silva

Arcane
So, any of the remakes worth it?

I was never a RE fan but ended up getting RE7 on a sell and found it a pretty good survival horror, with great atmosphere and gameplay... well, at least until that last act on a ship when the game turns into a shooter of sorts. That final part was lame.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I was never a RE fan but ended up getting RE7 on a sell and found it a pretty good survival horror, with great atmosphere and gameplay... well, at least until that last act on a ship when the game turns into a shooter of sorts. That final part was lame.

The remake of the first game is superb.

The remake of the second is a little more controversial around here, but I think is generally agreed to be worth playing at least once. I personally liked it quite a lot.

The remake of the third amplifies many of the problems that the original had and has a ton of cut content. Worth playing? Maybe.

Deleted member 7219

RE 1 remake is great and never devolves into a shooter.

RE 2 remake is over the shoulder but has some light puzzle solving sections, never to the degree of RE1, but it’s still very good.

I haven’t played RE 3 remake because the price is ridiculous and I’ve heard the length is maybe five hours max.

JDR13

Arcane
I assume the crosshair can be turned off in RE3R, just like in RE2R?

If you mean replacing he crosshair with the laser dot, I believe you have to find a custom part first.

I assume Zombra is referring to the disable HUD option in Remake 2 that lets you hide the crosshair and the rest of the HUD.

Ah ok. I can't imagine playing a third-person shooter without a crosshair, but at least the option is there.

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
I haven’t played RE 3 remake because the price is ridiculous and I’ve heard the length is maybe five hours max.
That's not a bad thing. The original was highly arcadized too.

The game explicitly rates players based on time too. So it's obviously a routing puzzle, resource optimization game. A shorter length makes sense.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Original RE3 was awesome.

It is, at least for me.

It was always criticized as an uninspired sequel. But it is filled with great features. The level design although more linear still good, the atmosphere is great thanks to the work in the prerendered backgrounds and the music. It brings a lot of new mechanics to the table: Live selection system, crafting ammo, dodging, fighting enemies in stairs and dynamic puzles that change their solution every playthrough. And nemesis, of course. It's way better than Code veronica for me.

nemesisdodges.gif

Out of the whole RE series if I had to recommend one to someone I didn't know it would be RE2make, seems to be the most widely appealing entry.

I'm hoping that for the RE4 remake they give it a similar quality treatment and also remove all the kungfu and action cheese nonsense that dragged down the original.

Last edited:

Yes, RE2R is a masterpiece and RE3R is amazing too, just shorter.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I think my biggest issue with the RE2 remake is the way the boss battles go, etc. In RE2 original, you had the option of one or the other having the epic bro-down with the Tyrant, and Birkin, etc. In this one, from what I've seen there's no story mode A and B, but rather each one plays the exact same story points aside from Leon having the Tyrant as his main antagonist and Claire having Birkin as her big bad.

Drakortha

Liturgist
RE1R is the only good remake. Fucking liars in this thread. And the RE franchise is in the toilet thanks to RE4 and it's fanboys who can't get enough of Leon in 3rd person. That's one of the only reasons CRAPCOM couldn't help themselves making RE2R a third person action shooter. The other reason being it would make it easier for them to re-use assets from RE7. CRAPCOM are LAZY!

Just wait until the RE4 Remake trailers and pictures are revealed showing Leon wearing his jacket in a village and the Fanboys masturbate each other over it. It's disgusting. They already put Leon in a Jacket at the start of RE2R and made the whole game 3rd person shooting but it's still not enough for the RE4 Fans. They drag this whole franchise down with their shitty over-rated garbage from 2005.

Last edited:

SumDrunkGuy

RE1R is the only good remake. Fucking liars in this thread. And the RE franchise is in the toilet thanks to RE4 and it's fanboys who can't get enough of Leon in 3rd person. That's one of the only reasons CRAPCOM couldn't help themselves making RE2R a third person action shooter. The other reason being it would make it easier for them to re-use assets from RE7. CRAPCOM are LAZY!

Just wait until the RE4 Remake trailers and pictures are revealed showing Leon wearing his jacket in a village and the Fanboys masturbate each other over it. It's disgusting. They already put Leon in a Jacket at the start of RE2R and made the whole game 3rd person shooting but it's still not enough for the RE4 Fans. They drag this whole franchise down with their shitty over-rated garbage from 2005.

Your grievance has already been filed. Thank you, now kindly stfu.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Your grievance has already been filed. Thank you, now kindly stfu.

I'm not done.

CRAPCOM cared more about appeasing RE4 fans than they did RE2 fans in the recent RE2 Remake. And how sad is that? Some of us had very little hope left that they could turn the ship around for this franchise and deliver what the original fans have been wanting for decades. But CRAPCOM didn't want to make the effort, didn't possess the talent, or didn't have the balls to change their boring formula they've been recycling over and over again for the past 15 years. And the reason they keep on doing it is because losers like you keep on buying it, singing it's praises, and shutting down anyone who criticizes the product.

You don't care about the qualities that made RE special to a lot of folks in the first place! So long as the game has shooting, stars Leon, or provides lots of Reddit material for you to jack off over you are content. I am not content, obviously. And I have the right to my opinion, so FUCK OFF!

Last edited:

fork

Jesus Christ, stop arguing these idiots. They're too retarded to handle tank controls with fixed cam angles and prefer corridor shooters with QTEs instead. Why would you try to convince such imbeciles?

Deleted member 7219

Jesus Christ, stop arguing these idiots. They're too retarded to handle tank controls with fixed cam angles and prefer corridor shooters with QTEs instead. Why would you try to convince such imbeciles?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom