Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Larp the Court of King Vale clumsily preparing a royal summit in Fit To Be A King

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
ValeVelKal you didn't count my vote in the favor of reforming religion! That would make it -94, and we're almost there!

Speaking about bears and fire, I know a good story from Eastern Tsardom. So, a bear walks in the forest. He comes upon the burning carriage. Then, he boards the carriage and burns.

V_K

Arcane
I, for one, think you shouldn't spend money to cater to traitors and heretics, which leaves only the golden suit and firebreathers as eligible things to buy.
Also, what better way to show wealth than with literal, unspent gold?

(and don't listen to Satanic witch, there is no more gold in the church!)

Last edited:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Buy what you can. Then take the land of the guilders and their shops, confiscating them for tax avoidance. Resell the goods at market value and add the gold to your holdings.

ValeVelKal

Arcane

Part X : The Summit

Well, it was time to prepare for the summit for real ! First, let's dress for a summit !

xPERmBc.png

iO0Hs2H.png
You're looking very regal today. I look forward to the summit.
iO0Hs2H.png
<summit> For 500 gold, I can sew a SUIT of gold
gxqTBUU.png
I feel like I already had this conversation.
gxqTBUU.png
<suit> Will you pay 500 gold for a gold suit ?
gxqTBUU.png
<yes>

Bso7rs0.png

6jLoX8S.png

gxqTBUU.png
I am... magnificient.

Next stop was in the cellar :

lCtuBOB.png

Gft9jsy.png
<fountain> You'll finance wine fountains with 600 gold
Gft9jsy.png
<yes>

l6BitSz.png

I did not forget to visit the Court Jester :

First thing first, the Knighting :

wPUkUpj.png

After that, business !

x2Vv7a3.png
<jugglers> It's a waste of gold, but 200 will get you jugglers.

gxqTBUU.png
Compared to what I pay the other, it is a pretty nice price !

pn4ntmm.png

plQALzt.png

The guard in Golden armor was marginally harder to get, as I needed Strange Fellow free !

gxqTBUU.png
My good Strange Fellow ! I mean, my good Knight Strange Fellow ! It was all a funny joke ! Really ! Ah ah ! How much laugh did we have. You are free of course !
awNBcC7.png

1UUupRr.png
Ah ! Ah ! You got me, my Liege. Really !
1UUupRr.png
<Forgive> You'll feel much safer with me back at the job.
gxqTBUU.png
Let's go upstair !

UdoqCsf.png

1UUupRr.png
<armor> It's pronounced ARMOUR
1UUupRr.png
<armour> Will you pay 1000 gold for golden guard armor ?
gxqTBUU.png
Sure !

xCOzbNw.png

gxqTBUU.png
And now...
gxqTBUU.png
<Jail>

The rest was more straightforward :

5hzOvdb.png

zO2YqRG.png

B4Z1iIz.png

aOVlz12.png

oV6FBIQ.png

wsNsiKW.png

... and just like that we are ready. Everything is ready really :

GmEc0Jo.png

5R1c7op.png

It is now time for the summit !

wbWVOtk.png
I hope you are ready for the summit, your Majesty. If we spend enough, we shall surely humiliate Blakemore
wbWVOtk.png
<Ready> Are you sure you want to start the summit ? This will end the game ! [Y/N]
gxqTBUU.png
Already ? But I was only starting to have fun with the voting system. Oh well ! Let's go !

And so, we went for the summit. After a fade to black, I arrived... and that's me crossing the Golden Field :

http://i.imgur.com/0EdU10n.gifv

You see I started pretty sober, but mid-way decided to drink some of Vatna's fountains of wine, so I was totally drunk. I ate some of the food, then went to meet Blakemore.

fbpiRIK.png

7CWmKF8.png

HdRGTSl.png

d3GXh3l.png

gQc5rqW.png

ySYb4Ao.png

... and.... THE END.

C12l6NF.png

ZtISfmO.png

mpKUXQv.png

pT8AA8G.png
Princess Sukhavati ensured that the alliance between Infinitron and Vale's kingdom would last for generations.

wbWVOtk.png
Steward Andnjord slipped out of the castle one Spring to pursue his dream as a traveling performer.

wA6k9kF.png
Major_Blackhart was imprisoned in his homeland for irritating another ruler with his sage advise.

gxqTBUU.png
To be fair I did not really engage with that last character (cool music though)

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
So yeah that's it. Shorter than I thought, but I knew it was not going to be long.

As usual, give me your input (for next time). I will do a small note tomorrow about what happens if you reform and the impressive number of "end cards" possible.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Wait, you didn't get the badgers?
Which means that's not the *true* ending
Damn, I just realized I did not save that game where I bought the badgers. I still found the code for the HISTORICAL ENDING because I checked the source file a bit.

Problem is that I can't collect the badger, I have 120 gold left and I can't reform (cost 200) to bless the ghost and collect the rest. Oh well :)

Edit : Scratch that : I found 3 missing chests for 150. So badgers it is.

And here is the end with the hunting badgers :
n6vxYs3.gif

At least I got a "Oh putain".

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
rxcidDK.png
My king, for a not!British sovereign your policies were surprisingly French. I'm entirely sure that a dynastic alliance with the Turk to fight the accursed Charles Dark Underlord will end up well. Entirely sure.

As usual, give me your input (for next time). I will do a small note tomorrow about what happens if you reform and the impressive number of "end cards" possible.

I don't think there's much to comment upon: it's a short fun romp. I'm rather curious to what happens if you don't bankrupt your kingdom and only selectively buy stuff for the Summit.

vazha

Arcane
This was pure incline, Your Royal Highness!

Crusader Kings III with full-on court intrigue when?

Dayyālu

Arcane
bah, expected trial by combat :rpgcodex:

The failure of the game of giving us the historical wrestling match between the kings deserves a letter of protest to be sent to the devs.

some random blog that I trust because I'm lazy said:
The two kings and their courts spent three weeks of partying. They were involved in jousting, games, and lavish festivities; tents of gold fabric populated the area. According to contemporary sources, 4,100 animals were slaughtered over the course of the meeting. Malmsey and claret flowed from drinking fountains, and into the mouths of the French and the English. The monarchs exchanged gifts and declarations of their “undying love and loyalty” to each other. In the midst of all that spectacular entertainment, Henry once beat François in an archery contest, and as the wine and success went to his head, he challenged his Valois rival to a wrestling match.

Historical accounts of the fight itself are scarce.

We don’t know how exactly the fight took place. Most likely, the two courts assembled around their sovereigns, watching them fight and each of them cheering their own liege lord. Eventually, François outmaneuvered his counterpart and threw him to the ground.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Post-scriptum

What does reform do ?

So indeed you can reform anytime for 200 gold :

ptzfGNn.png

MgcKvk9.png

... and indeed you get the write the rule.

dpsgUv4.png

You can marry anything (including the cat, the throne, opened chests, pile of refuse, ..., not the ghost though because he "resides beyond earthly laws of matrimony"). At the end of the game, you receive an endcard for every single one of your spouses (or your divorcees), including items. In addition, the fate of your kingdom changes according to who you marry, if you marry too many items for instance there are rumors of "half-furnitures beast" roaming the Kingdom.

As the new Pope, you can Ordain anything. Really anything, just like you can knight everything :

81I728X.png

4EnqowE.png

Finally, you can (B)less the Ghost, which chases him and allows you to reach the last two chests.

Historical mode

If you complete the game with everything (like I did after Helly pointed out I forget the badgers at home) you get a code to start with the historical mode :

1JvMRft.png

yi2jEz5.png

The introduction is pretty cool :

wbWVOtk.png
Good morning, King Vale. We sure stuck it to Blakemore at the summit!
wbWVOtk.png
However, it seems you're a bit upset...
wbWVOtk.png
...since you're wearing your HISTORICALLY ACCURATE helmet and armour
wbWVOtk.png
and carrying your favorite spiked mace containing three matchlock pistols...
wbWVOtk.png
... but I suppose it's just as well because King Blakemore's parked out in the forest with his army!
wbWVOtk.png
You'll probably want to deal with this PERSONALLY.
wbWVOtk.png
If anything happens, use (A)ttack to fire a volley. Good luck

8atYNNm.png

You get out of the castle and are attacked by assassins, which you can easily dispatch with (A) :

lp91nFV.png

WyjMu9V.png

You can also ravage buildings :

UkuiOSF.png

But the real fun is the entrance of the village, which is exactly what Darth Roxor mondblut and Dayyālu wished to see :

h4cAh9k.png

Ultima IV type of combat :

F3fg4m4.png

h8hgG7v.png

if you win against Blakemore, you meet the Pope (the game assumes you reformed, even if you did not) :

K6lvIhD.png

then Emperor Dark Underlord himself...

UdjxLFt.png

And then... something even more terrifying than the HRE... the good damn BEAR ! No picture though.

And that's all for real this time !

Andnjord

Arcane
That was a neat little game boss, although maybe not the most conductive one for audience participation as anyone with the minimum knowledge of the Codex knows that we were gonna buy EVERYTHING. What was our only real decision by the way, who to marry? And wether or not we would (R)eform?

And I agree, it's a shame this ended so quickly.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
So what happens if you reform but choose not to become supreme head? The game's palette stays inverted?
The palette inversion is only a flash of light when you Reform, and when you Reform you automatically become Supreme Head.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
That was a neat little game boss, although maybe not the most conductive one for audience participation as anyone with the minimum knowledge of the Codex knows that we were gonna buy EVERYTHING. What was our only real decision by the way, who to marry? And wether or not we would (R)eform?

And I agree, it's a shame this ended so quickly.
I expected the Codex to reform as soon as possible, offering a lot of options about wedding and divorcing - in addition to Knighting and EXecuting. I expected a bloodbath or a clique controlling the Ling
But I forget the Codex reluctance to do anything definitive, so no Reform and only one execution.
Honestly I was sure you would jail and/or execute ambassador Kalin immediately.

:negative:

I did some mistakes, the voting system was unclear, the Knight overweighting did not help and as V_K hinted the threshold for action was too high.

But I disagree that it did not engage you guys. You went above and beyond. The bickering between V_K and, well, everyone else was epic, Dayyalu’s Butlering-behind-the-throne Was awesome, Mondblut or Strange Fellow fake old English was hilarious (« eate a bagge of dickes »), three of you created dedicated avatars, etc. I regret not unlocking Kalarion and Ol’Wily earlier and that Citizen left but I did not realize the game would end at the summit.
In any case, it had more engagement for 12 total entries than any of my other AAR/Let’s Play. It just clicked I think.

:love::love::love:
The love is only for you guys, you are a beacon of fun in a wretched hive of sexism, racism and vilainy.

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh snap, I am behind and behind.

Ok, I am behind no more. Now I am only disappoint. Only one execution, and the ghost roams free. :majordecline:

Great job from our sponsor Vale, however. You weren't the problem here. Everyone else was, except for a chosen few. You know who you are. :salute:

What does reform do ?

So indeed you can reform anytime for 200 gold :

ptzfGNn.png

MgcKvk9.png

... and indeed you get the write the rule.

dpsgUv4.png

You can marry anything (including the cat, the throne, opened chests, pile of refuse, ..., not the ghost though because he "resides beyond earthly laws of matrimony"). At the end of the game, you receive an endcard for every single one of your spouses (or your divorcees), including items. In addition, the fate of your kingdom changes according to who you marry, if you marry too many items for instance there are rumors of "half-furnitures beast" roaming the Kingdom.

As the new Pope, you can Ordain anything. Really anything, just like you can knight everything :

81I728X.png

4EnqowE.png

Finally, you can (B)less the Ghost, which chases him and allows you to reach the last two chests.
See this? Each and every one of you Papists is a moron.

Can't fuckin believe we lost out on Father Sir Bear..

lightbane

Arcane
That was a fun read, I'll have to try this someday. A shame you used such a faulty system as democracy to decide what to do, doubly so in the case of the Codex, who cannot vote well to boot.
So, the "historically accurate" mode is basically a final combat it seems.
What happens if you execute too many people? Do you lose money every time you were killed and teleported back to safety?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom