Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Building erections

Boddler

Educated
Recently been playing Advanced Cultivation Simulator, where there is a graphical representation of bamboo scaffolding surrounding a structure that is in process of construction.

Got me thinking about different ways that games enact the assembling of edifice.

What is your preference?

Citizen

A group of miserable looking peons start hitting a bunch of rocks with hammers

Suddenly a building appears

Boddler

Educated
Yes, I like the Warcraft series of RTS games.

I'm like (under attack, high APM, to myself: )
"I wanna peon this!!
no yoou needa keep goblin!!"
(nailbiter)
peons beat beat beat
beat beat beat
the built thing rises up and releases
whatever power was unlocked by the strategic / tactical upgrade.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I loved the Pharaoh building of monuments, where you could track each stone block being moved to the construction site, then workers coming and hauling it to the top of the giant stone heap that was incidentally looking more and more a magnificent pyramid, a few blocks at a time.
And when after years of labor, whatever was happening elsewhere in the city, you had to come and look at the very last shipment of stones, coming spiraling all the way up and finishing the shape of the work of your life.
Hugely satisfying.

kreight

Put as many sex scenes in your game as you can. That's how you build an erection. Baldur's Gate 3 does this right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom