Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Gerrard

Arcane
After 70 hours I realized you have to enable the DLC HD textures from the graphics menu, I thought they would be always on if you install it.
:dead:

lycanwarrior

Scholar
One of best games I've ever played. Enjoyed the historical realism aspect. Combat however was definitely the weakest area and not as enjoyable.

Graphics look great but performance takes a real beating at 4K res unless you have a top-of-the-line card unfortunately.

xuerebx

Erudite
I bought an HP Omen last year and I was pleasantly surprised with the performance - no hiccups or glitches and constant 50+ FPS. The game's gorgeous!

On the combat front, I find it's quite enjoyable, if not a bit repetitive once you level up and get stronger.

Currently 50 hours in, no end in sight.

Gerrard

Arcane
For me the single biggest issue with this game, more annoying even than the combat, is the goddamn player movement. Holy fuck, how could anyone think this is okay? Getting stuck on every pebble or a fallen branch, the inability to do a standing jump forward (WTF?), good fucking luck sneaking through some bushes. I got stuck like 3 times. Also found like 2 places where I couldn't walk up the first step of a set of stairs without running.
:deathclaw:
And all this applies to the horse as well.
It's mostly small annoyances like this that pile up and drag down the otherwise great experience.

Warhorse Studios said:
Nice! Feel free to check the open positions in our studio! https://warhorsestudios.cz/career/

All the pixels are not wobbly enough to be a PS1 game. Looks more like N64, actually.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
There are no set of stairs you have to run into. And Henry doesn't get stuck on pebbles. You're talking edgelord nonsense.

Henry only get stuck in the bushes. The bushes are a menace. That's why the "go through bushes" mod is a must.

There's a bit of an issue with the brittle bones perk and stairs, Henry can't really run up or down because it can easily cause injuries.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
There are no set of stairs you have to run into. And Henry doesn't get stuck on pebbles. You're talking edgelord nonsense.

Henry only get stuck in the bushes. The bushes are a menace. That's why the "go through bushes" mod is a must.

There's a bit of an issue with the brittle bones perk and stairs, Henry can't really run up or down because it can easily cause injuries.

That was not his point, he was talking about a problem that existed on launch and was fixed in the first major patch. There used to be a wooden set of stairs in the lower Rattay castle with borked navmesh at one place so you kindda had to run against it to walk up. Afaik this was the only place with that problem anyone's ever found.

But maybe Gerrard, years after the launch, did find another, extremely well hidden one - even two! - so well done. Unfortunately he won't see me praising him coz he just put me on ignore for pointing that out :D

Gerrard

Arcane
Next time I come across some tiny step I can't come up on without fucking around I will record it and post here so everyone can see how much of a dumbfuck cvv is (not that anyone should need any proof of it).

he cant afford a house in New York

Who would want a house in new york anyway? Lol the cuckening is really upon this man.
Imagine the first thing you do after acquiring a lot of money is looking for a way to spend most of it. It's like the retard streamers who move to some country/state where the living expenses and rent are like 3-5 times of what they were where they used to live before, and now they complain about their earnings being low.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
unknown.png

:dead:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
View attachment 17215

ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME.

The last parts of the game are pure bullshit busywork.
Yeah, that was a bit tedious. But, if I remember it correctly, a high enough Alchemy level allows for auto-brewing in bulk, provided you're carrying enough ingredients, of course.

Yes, but I ran out of valerian and the vendors only carry like 5 each. At any rate, it doesn't matter at all apparently, it's just a way to make 500 groschen or so. But that's the problem, you don't KNOW it isn't relevant with this game. Could very well be it bites you in the ass later "Oh sorry those guys that were supposed to guard the camp fell asleep. Sheesh, if only they had had some potions to stay awake!"

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was hoping for that to happen eventually. It will probably be cringe, but I'll still play it. :)

Zariusz

Arbiter
BTW, anyone here knows if there is some good mod for KCD, or at least something in the making? Since release of modding tools i was waiting for more armor, quests, weapons etc. but at least on Nexus, modding seems barely alive.
Tbh i expected modding to slightly explode after release of modding tools, i just wanted modern modding platform Gothic 2 style...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom