Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: The Frontier - New Vegas mod set in Portland and full of prosperous content

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sad shit, /v/ acting like a bunch of triggered tumblrites going full cancel culture shocktroops on a fan project. Sad shit.

Making fun of cringe isn't a call to remove it (this mod is unsalvageable regardless), they're doing that all on their own.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Man, those YouTube videos reviewing and shitting on the mod are gold. I've been watching them and laughing my ass off all day today. From what I saw, some of the stuff they did was technically impressive. The buggies actually functioning and the tanks on such a shitty engine was crazy to see. I mean whoever did that must have some talent, but he wasted it working with a crew of degenerates.
Please recommend some. Watched one by "Rimmy - Downunder Gaming" but god that guy screams a lot - rip my ears.
Four Decent Friends Hate Fallout the Frontier

Brave Sir Loin--I Played Fallout the frontier for 20 hours.

On my phone, but I saw those on top of the DownUnda dude. I was seriously just enjoying those all day long. I think there was one more, but I don't remember what it was called.

Four Decent Friends seemed to have played the originals so if you want it from the perspective of that...

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
FFHJyhS.jpg

DeepOcean

Arcane
Man, those YouTube videos reviewing and shitting on the mod are gold. I've been watching them and laughing my ass off all day today. From what I saw, some of the stuff they did was technically impressive. The buggies actually functioning and the tanks on such a shitty engine was crazy to see. I mean whoever did that must have some talent, but he wasted it working with a crew of degenerates.
Please recommend some. Watched one by "Rimmy - Downunder Gaming" but god that guy screams a lot - rip my ears.
Four Decent Friends Hate Fallout the Frontier

Brave Sir Loin--I Played Fallout the frontier for 20 hours.

On my phone, but I saw those on top of the DownUnda dude. I was seriously just enjoying those all day long. I think there was one more, but I don't remember what it was called.

Four Decent Friends seemed to have played the originals so if you want it from the perspective of that...

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Its Sarcasm right?
I wish. This isn't some kind of moral battleground, it's hyenas and vultures hooting and hollering smelling blood. Remind you of anything?
Making fun of cringe isn't a call to remove it (this mod is unsalvageable regardless), they're doing that all on their own.
Yeah I guess, the whole thing just seems off to me.

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

DeepOcean

Arcane
Its Sarcasm right?
I wish. This isn't some kind of moral battleground, it's hyena's and vultures hooting and hollering smelling blood. Remind you of anything?
Yeah I guess, the whole thing just seems off to me.
If you only get to know this by looking how it ended, you might arrive to this conclusion but there are all sorts of stuff the modders did wrong and people have all the reason to be mad at them and as I said, people are making fun of the content of the mod and the crazy reactions to criticism they got from the mod team, nobody is attacking them personally or their families (what woke psychopaths love to do all the time).

First, they lied, not one time, not two times, not three times, they lied for 7 years claiming this mod was lore friendly and showing selected content, then when people asked if they could join the Enclave, they were hit with "the Enclave is a fascist power fantasy and only evil fascists, DRUMPF supporters would want to join them", not happy, you can preach how the Enclave is raycist and evil inside the game too. Now, you have two crimes, lies and mixing current year politics with a video game. When people started criticizing the mod, they pulled the phobe and harassment card hard and started attacking people instead of talking about the issues. They could have avoided this with a simple: "We got alot of feedback that people thought some parts were lore breaking, we decided to have those parts behind the Wild Wasteland perk." Instead, people got alot of whining and attacks from people that were fucking liars on the first place and didnt even had moral ground to do that.

Now you have three crimes, lies, mixing real world politics with video games and bone headed arrogant denial mixed with playing victim. If you lie for all that time and act surprised with the massive backlash when people realize the truth, you are a fool that deserve exactly what you got. Also, please, if you think you must preach current year politics on video games to save us plebs from the horror of anything that isnt progressivism and wish to enlighten us, please, buy a shotgun and aim at your head, you did the world a favor.

I have emphaty for honest people, people who try to fool me and then cry me a river aftewards, they can fuck themselves. I only pity the people that were involved with this and truly didnt know what was happening on the mod like the voice actors and maybe some modders like Xilandro, the main culprits for this mess, Im more than fine with them not modding another game for the rest of their lives.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Are you not entertained?

I sure as fuck am.

GOD BLESS THE ENCLAVE! GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!! GOD BLESS DICK RICHARDSON!

AND GOD BLESS FRANK HORRIGAN, THE LAST TRUE PATRIOT OF OUR NATION!!!

Oh I was having fun laughing at this mod, truth be told, I was hoping they'd continue development, it would've given me more to laugh at in the long run, but I'm glad it went out with a silly bang instead.
The mod may have recovered, had the lead dev not been with an interview with Tyler McVicker, I swear, that bloke is either an internet illiterate or actively malicious, because how he didn't recognise obvious bait questions talking about Sneed, the USS Liberty and Bane is beyond me.

Perhaps this may teach ambitious modders a lesson to vet your devs....or maybe not, we'll just have to see.

In the meantime the Frontier discord server still hasn't recovered, you have people discussing the raid of course, but they all seem to discuss it like verified Twitter users, there's a rather snarky tone to it all.

eXalted

Arcane
Playing New Vegas (no Frontier ofc) right now because of this very thread.

Also installed the Old World Blues mod for HoI4.

EtcEtcEtc

Savant
See, to me this is a bunch of bullshit. There is no reason to get upset about any of this. "crimes", "lies", come on man.

They soared to close to the sun. They could have put this thing out as another NV nexus mod and let people see it for what it was and the reactions would have likely not been so virulent.

Instead they got in touch with every gaming site they could and hyped their shit.

Then, when people offered good faith criticism, they reacted extremely poorly.

All of that, plus the insertion of politics, and shitting on Trump supporters - is just chum in the water for this kind of troll pile on.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Once the degeneracy is purged it will be an ok, slightly better than F3 tier, lore bending mod. It does deserve props for size and scope. The vehicles are a useless gimmick, though.

So there's this cave full of 'survivalist militia' types. Heavy southern accents in....Oregon. It's the only all whyte location, and damn do they ramp up every redneck stereotype they can get their hands on. Dig a little behind locked doors and terminals and the boss is ex Enclave. He didn't comment either on the Enclave PA I had scored. Nobody does. No quests either.

DeepOcean

Arcane
See, to me this is a bunch of bullshit. There is no reason to get upset about any of this. "crimes", "lies", come on man.

They soared to close to the sun. They could have put this thing out as another NV nexus mod and let people see it for what it was and the reactions would have likely not been so virulent.

Instead they got in touch with every gaming site they could and hyped their shit.

Then, when people offered good faith criticism, they reacted extremely poorly.

All of that, plus the insertion of politics, and shitting on Trump supporters - is just chum in the water for this kind of troll pile on.
Exactly, they could do what New California did, release it on the Nexus, people would saw that it was, yet another dud of a mod, then move on but nope, they had to hype this thing and made people waste time. I trusted them, on the interviews, at least the chief modder lied pretty much non-stop, their excuses for how the NCR and Legion were operating on Portland were questionable but I was willing to set aside my Fallout lorefagness to experience a good quest mod, I was even willing to forgive questionable writing, bugs and alot of jank that is attached to modding but nothing prepared me for the bullshit they released, they didnt respect my time and my trust, I sure as hell have no obligation to respect them in return.

There are people commenting that the Zu pedo guy is claiming that they were sick with the mod for years and wanted to dump it and they saw the opportunity of him being accused as being a pedo to throw him under the bus and pretty much everyone get rid of it. I mean, I trusted this was being made by people who truly cared about what they were doing. By what I saw, some modders like Xilandro really worked hard on the mod but some others like Devilwish were a disgrace, Tgspy is also on the hook for lying nonstop.

Last edited:

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Once the degeneracy is purged it will be an ok, slightly better than F3 tier, lore bending mod. It does deserve props for size and scope. The vehicles are a useless gimmick, though.
Eh, I don't know about that. It's still an inhumanly cringe worthy Call of Duty ripoff. Sure, you can remove the degeneracy, but the writing is still complete garbage written by teenagers with no idea what Fallout is about. This is the kind of mod that needs a complete rewrite to be decent.

lightbane

Arcane
Wow, I leave for a couple of days, and then the shitstorm intensifies.

Oh damn, those filthy nazis found out about the pedo furry on our team? Quick guys! Act offended and condemn him! I'll post an announcement! We can still salvage this.
When even "regular" furries call you out and point you to a seedy webpage, you know you're trouble.

aaand it's gone
Lol, that was fast.

of course he is a fucking jew
But of course. And uses it as a shield.

for codex grognards who aren't in the know, inkbunny has a storied reputation among furfags for being one of the only art galleries around that explicitly allows loli/shota/cubshit, to the point where i've heard rumors that the servers are paid for by actual irl child molester money?? it isn't used exclusively for that purpose alone, but by this point, whenever someone brings up the name "inkbunny" people know exactly what they're talking about

... Waay too much info.

Link to the stream if you can stomach listening to some lolcow interviewing some faggot.

Video removed, lol.

Apparently Phobos was caught grooming an underage 14 year old girl with an anime avatar not too long ago. Man, this rabbit hole is going so deep that it will probably reach the center of the Earth.
Oh, and one of their leads is also a diperfur.

Okay, this is not funny anymore, this is infuriating, and I can believe it. At least the mod is gone for good.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Eh, I don't know about that. It's still an inhumanly cringe worthy Call of Duty ripoff. Sure, you can remove the degeneracy, but the writing is still complete garbage written by teenagers with no idea what Fallout is about. This is the kind of mod that needs a complete rewrite to be decent.
I still haven't started the main faction questlines but I've been to maybe 90% of the map markers and done most side quests that weren't locked out of main questlines. It's not all bad, but my expectations are understandably low in 2020. (see also: mainstream tier writing, sex slavery, billboards and dildo stores in cp2077)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom