Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i've been followking it since last month. looks great, will wait until 1.0

kirin

Learned
Koei Tecmo has been doing this kind of Japan-only Steam release with horse racing sim games, but it's unusual for these games. I guess they won't release these remasters outside of Japan?

If KT insists on forcing me to pirate, who am I to say no

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Weird the Nosurge games have full English descriptions despite no English support.

Well they did the same with Winning Post games (the horse racing games), and they've never released them outside of Japan.

(I think there's some guideline from Valve that devs should provide English description regardless of release languages and regions, but it doesn't seem too strict or something.)

IceyD

Scholar
Your February 2021 JRPG releases:
  • Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (PS4, Switch)
  • Nioh Collection (PS5, PC)
  • Azur Lane Crosswave (Switch)
  • Persona 5 Strikers (PS4, PC, Switch)
  • Bravely Default II (Switch)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another hentai game, dungeon RPG this time.

Ren Nosogi is a freelance "Sweeper," a person who specializes in dealing with all things supernatural.

One day, while investigating a series of disappearances, Ren gets caught up in an incident that puts her in massive debt.

While trying to come up with a way to pay it off, she receives a special request to investigate and take down an evil cult.

While the request is extremely dangerous, the job pays very well. Seeing no other choice, Ren decides to take on the job.

Features:
  • Classic Dungeon Crawler RPG
  • Turn-Based Combat
  • Equipment Modification System
  • Leveling System
  • Multiple Party Members

Momock

Augur

Ren Nosogi is a freelance "Sweeper," a person who specializes in dealing with all things supernatural.

One day, while investigating a series of disappearances, Ren gets caught up in an incident that puts her in massive debt.

While trying to come up with a way to pay it off, she receives a special request to investigate and take down an evil cult.

While the request is extremely dangerous, the job pays very well. Seeing no other choice, Ren decides to take on the job.

Features:
  • Turn-Based Combat
  • Leveling System
  • Multiple Party Members

Oh, I played this one. It's very good. It has lovecraftian/SMT vibes and good... everything, for what it is. It's one of these games where you want to try to play good to avoid sex and remain a virgin... witch is silly for a hentai game , but whatever. It's worth playing even without the smut.

deuxhero

Arcane

Features:
  • Turn-Based Combat
  • Leveling System
  • Multiple Party Members

Oh, I played this one. It's very good. It has lovecraftian/SMT vibes and good... everything, for what it is. It's one of these games where you want to try to play good to avoid sex and remain a virgin... witch is silly for a hentai game , but whatever. It's worth playing even without the smut.

Can you play having only lesbian sex?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another Eden, mobile single-player gacha RPG thing written by Chrono Trigger writer is coming to Steam:

ss_647d190eab07ba65f22e8f673648669d2f03721c.600x338.jpg
ss_147d023c784309c0183e296def5b39d87b0bb3da.600x338.jpg

IceyD

Scholar
Your March 2021 JRPG releases:

- Harvest Moon: One World (Switch)
- Saviors of Sapphire Wings/ Stranger of Sword City Revisited (Switch, PC)
- Monster Hunter Rise (Switch)
- Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (Xbox GamePass)
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon (comes to PS5)
- Kingdom Hearts series (comes to PC on Epic Store)

Nostaljaded

Savant
If you think your online-purchased games will be perpetually available in the smaller estores, think again.

Thank you very much for your continued support of PLAYISM.

As of 13:00 on March 24th, 2021 (Wed.), features allowing for the purchase of games and content such as OSTs, etc. (“PLAYISM Store Functions”) on the PLAYISM official website will be terminated.

With the termination of the My Page feature, redownloading of previously purchased content and reacquisition of Steam keys will no longer be possible, so please be sure to properly make any necessary purchases and save any purchased content/post-purchase data/etc. as required before the above-listed dates.

After this date, confirmation of membership information and reacquisition of previously purchased content will no longer be possible, so please make any necessary preparations beforehand.

Source: https://blog.playism-games.com/termination-playismstore-membership-services/

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
Nippon Ichi's 2007 tactics thing Soul Nomad & the World Eaters is coming to Steam

I must say the demon / evil route in this game is one of the most memorable out there. Pretty messed up, but that just what made it so enjoyable to play through, at least for me.

Also for the 'sensitive' types out there, a word of warning: Gig, one of the main 'protagonist' in this game likes to swear a lot, he loves to say 'shit' and 'bullshit' a whole lot.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Nippon Ichi's 2007 tactics thing Soul Nomad & the World Eaters is coming to Steam

I must say the demon / evil route in this game is one of the most memorable out there. Pretty messed up, but that just what made it so enjoyable to play through, at least for me.

Also for the 'sensitive' types out there, a word of warning: Gig, one of the main 'protagonist' in this game likes to swear a lot, he loves to say 'shit' and 'bullshit' a whole lot.

Considering they made a game about a witch casually joking about rape and necrophilia,swearing seems kinda low on the sensitivity list.

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted

Considering they made a game about a witch casually joking about rape and necrophilia,swearing seems kinda low on the sensitivity list.

I know some people who would take offense on hearing fictional characters swear but just shrug off when hearing about the stuff you mentioned. Because in their own words, cases where rape, necrophilia, and other stuff occur happen tend to be so over the top that it border on black comedy - such that it becomes hard to be taken seriously.

So by the same reasoning, swearing is more 'real' and therefore worthy of taking offense?

Personally, I don't get it either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom