Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's so refreshing to see a 2010 game not having its visual smeared by unnecessary post processing effects. Especially when Mass Effect 2 belonged to the same year.

Like, I dig how glossy Kiwami 2 looks...

8qdJa65.jpeg

... but I really really miss this type of visual. Simple lighting, simple texture, moderate level of detail. It doesn't treat my eyes as camera lens and there's no color filter here. Really appealing, I love this.

5RuvO4C.jpeg

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Ok, I gave in. My first Nippon game series, that I am going to start in a few days. I feel filthy :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:(though I never shied away from anime shit, so maybe I am trained and prepared :codexisfor:).

Should serve me well for another 5+ years (with Yakuza 6 coming in March and Yakuza 7 already here).

Hope I won't regret it.

upload_2021-1-29_21-31-26.png

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ok, I gave in. My first Nippon game series, that I am going to start in a few days. I feel filthy :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:(though I never shied away from anime shit, so maybe I am trained and prepared :codexisfor:).

Should serve me well for another 5+ years (with Yakuza 6 coming in March and Yakuza 7 already here).

Hope I won't regret it.

View attachment 17255

Crazy deal for all those. I'm tempted to throw my Steam Card sale credits on them....though by the time I've caught up, they will be bundle filler I guess. :lol:

So, how does the whole series play on keyboard + mouse? Is it acceptable? Can you compare it to something else?
It's ok man

Except for some of the minigames...Karaoke and dance are kinda shit. Found a cheap steam controller for those.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I just finished the forget me not sidequest in 7

I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed a few tears. That's was completely unexpected. One of my favorite quests in the series. I wish we'd seen more of her in chapter 1.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Most sidestories in 7 are garbage. I only enjoyed fighting the caged animals in the park. The rest won't be as memorable after a year.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
Most sidestories in 7 are garbage. I only enjoyed fighting the caged animals in the park. The rest won't be as memorable after a year.
You can tell they wanted to make them longer than in previous games, but you end up getting less quests to keep you entertained. The biggest issue with the sidequests is that they don't integrate the party at all, it's just Kasuga doing stuff on his own and the gang magically appears for the fights.

Ivan

Arcane
This moment made me tear up. Love these guys.
610992D1BB7BC3C25C020CB4E88D925AFD710149

also, super disagree with the person who said the sidequests are weak. IDK if it's b/c I'm doing it now, but this entry may have my favorites. None have made me laugh more than the Kimchi quest, and the mascot one was a close second. Shit how about the presimmon one, or the boy who keeps eating alone at the burger joint, holy shit what about Mr Masochist!

There have so far been very few duds (i.e. "I know where this is going", e.g. dumpster diver one).

Fishy

Savant
In 3 now and finally managed to leave Okinawa. It... just... wouldn't... fucking... stop...

It feels so good to be back in Kamurocho and no longer saddled to kids.

Ivan

Arcane
Any hints on how to open gold safes in Like A Dragon? Is it tied to the main quest, a particular side quest/minigame?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom