Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: The Frontier - New Vegas mod set in Portland and full of prosperous content

RangerBoo

uujz6nk9sl941.jpg

sometimes i recognize the fact that women exist, sometimes i don't
Imagine an internet where women are banned from using it.

I gave this a incline rating, but I would like to say to any other prospective readers that I only do because we do not have a MASSIVE INCLINE button, and even then I'm sure it would be enough.

ironmask

Arbiter
Why do they need this "poison water" bullshit when they can just employ einsatzgruppen and start clearing the Wasteland?

well the player kills about 2,000 of them over the course of an average playthrough, so obviously they did need to poison the water

That's the thing though they don't even need to poison the water. According to James the water in DC is undrinkable already and no body can grow anything because it's so radiated and makes everyone sick. The water is already basically poison and life is slowly dying. Only thing the Enclave has to do is just wait till everyone dies from dehydration. Which makes me wonder why the fuck would the Enclave want to posion something that was already fucking poison to begin with?

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
LOL! The troll that made the Piss Factory Overhaul made a Enclave quest for The Frontier: Get it here.
I read a post on NMA's thread that says you were a member of the team.
Explain yourself NOW!
tumblr_pd62c80ERB1sbcxbwo2_400.gifv
LOL! No, I wasn't on the team. 7 years ago Mac came to me and several others on the Nexus to basically be proof readers for his plot synopsis for the NCR campaign of the Frontier. I read the notes he had at the time and was in for a shock. The mod was pretty much a verbatim of the story of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I believe I said something about this a while ago on the Codex. Anyway, the mod straight up ripped off MW2. They even had their own version of the infamous betrayal scene where Blackthrone was going to kill some NCR companion of yours much like the General in MW2 did to Ghost and you would then go to the Legion to stop Blackthrone from getting a hold of a super weapon to destroy the NCR. Straight up out of Call of Duty. Since I was young and naïve I was polite to Mac and told him that he should look more towards the lore in Fallout instead of Call of Duty and wished him the best. I held my tongue with a lot of stuff I wanted to say but then again I was young and naively thought that with time they would improve on their ideas. Looking back now I wish I was more harsh and told them the idea of Call of Duty in Fallout is stupid, having the Legion in Portland is stupid and to just scrap the mod all together. Then again since these people are insane I suspect that it would have fallen on deaf ears after they accuse me of being transphobic.

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
I suspect that it would have fallen on deaf ears after they accuse me of being transphobic.
Deaf ears, sure is. But IIRC 2014 was not the $currentyear so shielding from criticism by screaming all his lungs "TRANSPHOBE" would be unlikely.

RangerBoo

Arcane
I suspect that it would have fallen on deaf ears after they accuse me of being transphobic.
Deaf ears, sure is. But IIRC 2014 was not the $currentyear so shielding from criticism by screaming all his lungs "TRANSPHOBE" would be unlikely.
You are right on that. They probably instead would accuse me of being a member of GamerGate who probably hates both women and blacks. It's like a fad with these idiots.
"What new thing can we accuse people of being this year?" Sexists? Nah! Too 2016. Racist? Nah, so last year. I know, we will call them fascists and transphobes!"

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Jesus Christ, before this I thought everyone never took that Hollywood schlock that is Modern Warfare campaigns seriously, now I know there are people willing to sacrifice 7 years of their lives to make that kind of schlock for free, I think this is more scary than any of their degeneracies.

RangerBoo

Arcane
Jesus Christ, before this I thought everyone never took that Hollywood schlock that is Modern Warfare campaigns seriously, now I know there are people willing to sacrifice 7 years of their lives to make that kind of schlock for free, I think this is more scary than any of their degeneracies.
Dude, how do you think it was for me as a 23 year old reading the synopsis of that shit? They even ripped off dialogue from MW2 such as the "That's one less loose end" line in the synopsis. What is funny to me who as a dumb 23 year old thought that these idiots would improve their writing but instead they found more pop culture crap that came out in the past 7 years to inject their mod with. Nu-Wolfenstein, Rick & Morty, Metal Gear Solid 5, ect. The list is endless. I remember that there was some cartoon I watched when I was about 10 that joked that children who get their ideas from cartoons have no imagination and to instead go read a book. Sage advice actually.

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
It's such a wasted opportunity, not to mention pure midwit hackery, to use a post-apocalyptic setting to talk about currentyear politics. You've got an entire world to explore, heretofore unknown circumstances that can influence the political discourse, and instead "herp derp time to make a stunning and brave statement about fascism!"
Fallout 2 did this shit too and it annoyed me then.

RangerBoo

Arcane
Let this be a lesson for you children. My little white lie to Mac probably lead to the fetishistic cluster fuck that is this mod. Sometimes it is best to tell people the truth, no matter how bad it may hurt at the time, as down the road your white lie could led to something much, much worse. I could have prevented this!
:stunned:

Last edited:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Provided enough lulz and exposed lolcows for a good thread. I'd say you did a pretty good job in that case.

Lets this be a lesson for you children. My little white lie to Mac probably lead to the fetishistic cluster fuck that was this mod. Sometimes it is best to tell people the truth, no matter how bad it may hurt at the time, as down the road your white lie could led to something much, much worse. I could have prevented this!
:stunned:

No, you couldn't, you'd just get the TK Mantis treatment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom