Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
After my first playthrough I looked up the romance options and the algorithm deciding who you can and can't bang and it has to be the strangest system I have ever seen. According to the cyberpunk wiki, there are two checks: V's voice and his body type. Some characters care about both things but others - and here is where the system gets insane - only care about a specific body type. For instance, River, a supposedly straight dude, apparently only checks your body type, so he is total fine with jumping into bed with a V that has a female body but a male voice. That's insane. A V with a female body but a male voice would be a trans dude, why the hell would a straight guy be interested in that, if he usually dates women? This is not even wokeness which usually could explain such leaps in logic because a woke implementation would just use the voice and ignore everything else which - ironically - would make more sense than the current version.

Is this low-key trolling from CD Projekt Red to poke fun at wokeness? Or am I missing something?

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I'm trying to 100% this before Nioh 2 is released next week, but River's side quest is SO FUCKING BORING. It is the most tedious quest in the entire game. It's all endless driving places and talking to people who are fucking boring so you can save his nephew, who you don't care about. I'm getting actively pissed at the game playing it. There is almost zero gameplay involved. It's basically all 1 big cut scene, from front to back, with 3 back to back BD's that you have to fucking sit through. It's the worst quest in the entire game.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
FUCK! I hate this game's mission system too. I've completed all of Judy's missions except for her last and she won't fucking call to give me her last mission. I've done everything. I've waited 24 hours. I've slept in my apartment bed. It's so annoying how mission offers are randomized.

I'm so fucking sick of this game. I just want to finish it, but it throws up one headache after another. I just want to do Judy's last mission, but she doesn't offer it at the end of the previous mission, like a normal fucking game. Instead you have to progress then.....maybe she'll offer it, if the fucking game feels like it.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Finally got the call from Judy. In a testament to what a piece of shit this game's mission system is there was zero rhyme or reason to it. It seemed like the game had to get through a bunch of random messages first that had nothing to do with missions, except rather than just giving them to me all at once, it doled them out, one at a time, at random times. And the messages were just previous people from former missions messaging me for updates and small talk, nothing important. I had to get through, like, 4 of those, then Judy randomly called me.

All in all I wasted 1.5 IRL hours waiting for that call.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm wrapping up all the endings. I made a save before the point of no return. I've done everything quest related. Only trophies I haven't got are for weapons or implants I don't use.

vota DC

Augur
I'm wrapping up all the endings. I made a save before the point of no return. I've done everything quest related. Only trophies I haven't got are for weapons or implants I don't use.
I am in a terrible shape after the dialogue and suicide seems the only non Arasaka thing that makes sense. Why call a nomad with little cue of my situation or do a commando attack in the tower if even acting as a witness of a homicide Is a huge effort?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I thought about reinstalling the game to check out the endings. Then I remembered that if I don't care about the characters, I won't care about the endings either.

Gerrard

Arcane

https://archive.vn/mqZ8P#selection-3283.0-3286.0

Musk’s Cyberpunk Tweet Lifts CD Projekt the Most Since 2015

e63c78635b7c880e6511e6ac2a0eaf3e557630b9.jpg

:abyssgazer:

sfmETO6.png

There was an attempt.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I just Retardo'd several off-topic posts. You may not like this game, you may not like various neo-socio-political aspects of it, but if you want to discuss those aspects, take it to Politics instead.

Latelistener

Arcane
You think they're going to fix this shit in a month? I'd say give them 12 at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom