Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

tritosine2k

Erudite
You think they're going to fix this shit in a month? I'd say give them 12 at least.
Its mostly
quality_shit.png
because today-$ hardware, 70GB space admirably low for the scope, we don't have SSD feeding direct into VRAM, we don't have just enough VRAM sitting next to shaders giving up die area of memory controller etc etc. This game is realistically >300GB with biweekly "weather" update and runs >twice this fast because obscene amount of async/precompute and RTX off. GO team RED(s) .

Last edited:

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
You think they're going to fix this shit in a month? I'd say give them 12 at least.
They need 12 months to fix it.
And another 12 months to change it from a mediocre AAA game into something good.

They've given no indication that they see anything fundamentally wrong with the PC version of the game. They're not going to change jack shit. Just bug-fixes. DLC will maybe add some more side content, but beyond that, I think what we have now is it. They don't seem to see the NPC AI, police AI, and lack of open world procedural systems as issues.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
After finding out a sneaky way to level crafting in 5 mins, I did it FOR SCIENCE to see what clothing blueprints get unlocked as "reward".
Saying that I was mildy disappointed is an understatement.
I expected something speshul, or at least a color you do not get in shops, but... nope.
Just standard stuff you can buy anyways. In colors only a color blind person would wear.
And it's not even randomized, my game froze so I had to do it again I did it a second time FOR SCIENCE.

Imagine the joy on a consoletard's face after he spent hours leveling it. :hahano:

Sad.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
People are hibernating on playing this game until next big patch + dlc, myself included, which explains the calm before the storm.

I still enjoyed the 30-35 hours or so I've spent on this game so far. I compare it to The Outer Worlds in terms of disappointment, while this game is better than TOW, its disappointment reaches deeper, for obvious reasons.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
After finding out a sneaky way to level crafting in 5 mins, I did it FOR SCIENCE to see what clothing blueprints get unlocked as "reward".

Do share. Is Autohotkey involved?
Much easier.
The blue Maxdoc is buggy and does not create components when dissolved.
Used a save editor, increased my stack to 999 and clicked for 3k xp, without getting clutter from components received.
And because the game is buggy as, well, as it is, the stack did not disappar.
The slider buttons just say "invalid item" but still work and give xp.

"It just works." :hahano:

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I already completed the game, and since every update has been fucking with my FPS ever since 1.04 I deleted it. I will be waiting a year from now for the stable version with all DLC and QoL improvements.

Codex Year of the Donut
I just Retardo'd several off-topic posts. You may not like this game, you may not like various neo-socio-political aspects of it, but if you want to discuss those aspects, take it to Politics instead.
"If you want to discuss actual aspects of the game and its setting, take it elsewhere"
Infinitron your golem is malfunctioning

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I think the fastest way to level crafting is (if it hasn't been patched) to simply keep upgrading a melee weapon.
Crafting XP is awarded per unit of material used*material type (or created too, perhaps) or something like that.

Since upgrading costs increase dramatically the more you do it to a given item, so long as you have materials you can quickly dump your entire stash of relevant mats into the upgrades.
Use a grey weapon for it, or at most a green one.

Now, normally you can't upgrade a weapon past your own level... But melee weapons seem to ignore this (bug, probably). If they haven't patched it out yet, you can use some grey or green baton or katana or hammer and just go nuts.

That way you also avoid the annoying inventory clutter you'd get when crafting weapons instead to level up and it saves you a ton of clicking and holding, because of how quickly the upgrade cost increases. Still gotta do the whole clickfest to get mats in the first place, though.

Of course this works best if you have invested a bit into crafting so you get extra mats when disassembling.

You can also abuse the melee weapon unrestricted upgrade bug to make melee overpowered as fuck for most of the game relative to your current level. You're going to be limited solely by your available materials.

Also helps to edit the game files (forget which one) to reduce the disassembly time from 4 seconds (how long you have to hold the button, super annoying) to 0.01 or whatever. Google it. Will save you from developing tendinitis haha.

And when you're done, ask yourself if it was a good idea to spend your precious time on gaming shit systems like this just because video game systems designers are complete retards and you're addicted to this form of entertainment which hasn't been good for 15 years now...

Bliblablubb

Arcane

Do share. Is Autohotkey involved?
The game effectively blocks autohotkey, when you attempt to use it you end up with your view screen rocketing all over the place like you overdosed on Adderall
I am always deeply suspicious of SINGLE player games that put FAR too much effort into preventing such things.
Like the patch notes stating that preventing people from savescumming to reroll loot is a priority.

Seriously if CDPR's hubris makes them think those are the game's most glaring problems, they have a lot bigger problems than we thought....

I for one am looking forward to the patch that completely changes the stats of all guns, because some dev was triggered people weren't using HIS favorite guns. :hahano:

Perkel

Arcane
Like the patch notes stating that preventing people from savescumming to reroll loot is a priority.

They considered it as a bug they fixed it. How is that a problem ?

Meanwhile: "I fucking hate this game i spend 10 hours rerolling perfect gun and i still can't get it ! Game SUCKS!"

Bliblablubb

Arcane

They considered it as a bug they fixed it. How is that a problem ?

Meanwhile: "I fucking hate this game i spend 10 hours rerolling perfect gun and i still can't get it ! Game SUCKS!"
You are missing the point here. Twitcher 3 had the same "feature" and CDPR didn't care. Okay loot was pointless there as well.
Most people are only savescumming here because speshul clothing items spawn without slots, making those items pointless. Nobody cares about rerolling stats on a gun.

But instead of putting the focus on fixing the slot problem, they point out wanting to fix the loot reroll ASAP, as if that was the most demanded fix of their playerbase. That's not the problem, it's the workaround to fix the problem.

I wouldn't put it past them to put a timer on Skippy to render it unusable in a future patch , because too many people are using it not in the way they intended. :hahano:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is that really a problem when you can reroll shop weapon stats?
Characters not focused on crafting can get most of their best equipment from shops...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I don't think they mean shops. They restock every 24 hours anyway.
It's about the unique (iconic) clothing you can only get from fixed locations, that are NOT part of vendor lists.
I looted a sweet metallic blue/black pozer jacket from a Failentino once. Looked awsome with the black boots you can buy when riding a bike. Since it was only common, I kinda regretted not trying to savescum for a slotted version, because slot-less clothing items become dead weight later and I never found it again.

Sad.

Most people are only savescumming here because speshul clothing items spawn without slots, making those items pointless. Nobody cares about rerolling stats on a gun.

But instead of putting the focus on fixing the slot problem, they point out wanting to fix the loot reroll ASAP, as if that was the most demanded fix of their playerbase. That's not the problem, it's the workaround to fix the problem.

Exactly. The whole loot system in the game is just awful, and one of the reasons for that is this crap - random number of mod slots on clothing and armor you find. Why is this bad? Because the number of mod slots is the only thing that matters on those items. Armor mod makes everything else worthless in comparison (including armor cyberware), and you can stick in more of them if more slots are available. That's why players savescummed this nonsense - a "legendary" armor is not very legendary if it comes with less slots than the random crap you can pick up at any shop.

typical user

Arbiter
The game has shitty combat, so there is no motivation to try different builds. The balance is broken so there is no incentivize to level-up. The story was hacked and glued together from the left-over scraps so you are left sratching your head wondering if this is some sort of demo. There is no RPG C&C so the replay value is very low. The world has no procedural events, the AI can't be called AI so there is no reason to explore or toy around in the sandbox other than to admire the views. There are no side-activities encouraging the use of driving, hacking or shooting - core mechanics of the game, so at this point I have to ask - what's the point of this game? I mean other than sightseeing, checking up how the demo-story unfolds and listening to game's score.

The have to make a new game.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
It's not just a problem for the min/maxers, who want to stack legendary 4 armadillos in 6 legendary items each, so they can break the game and take zero dmg, even during the secret ending.

Back then I found the purple jacket near jigjig street, and since my streetkid V had prrrple hair (3rd street represent), I realized I had already beaten the true endgame: fashion.
Game was off to a great start.
Then it crashed.
No big deal, went there again, picked up jacket, off I go.

3 hours later I noticed my "endgame outfit" had spawned with 2.4 armor and no slot this time.
It made me mildly grumpy and strained my relashunship with the game a little bit. :argh:

I found another one with 2 slots later, so I decided not to file for divorce. Yet. :hahano:

Wasn't until I got the iconic corpo glasses with zero slots until I got the suspishun something might be off there...

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
I am always deeply suspicious of SINGLE player games that put FAR too much effort into preventing such things.

Seriously if CDPR's hubris makes them think those are the game's most glaring problems, they have a lot bigger problems than we thought....

I for one am looking forward to the patch that completely changes the stats of all guns, because some dev was triggered people weren't using HIS favorite guns. :hahano:
They care that much, because they planing to use this code again for multiplayer version.
A first multiplayer game in history of studio, from devs who created such mess of a code as Cyberpunk2077...
Well it would be hilariously to watch.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Exactly. The whole loot system in the game is just awful, and one of the reasons for that is this crap - random number of mod slots on clothing and armor you find. Why is this bad? Because the number of mod slots is the only thing that matters on those items. Armor mod makes everything else worthless in comparison (including armor cyberware), and you can stick in more of them if more slots are available. That's why players savescummed this nonsense - a "legendary" armor is not very legendary if it comes with less slots than the random crap you can pick up at any shop.

It would matter much less if you couldn't stack mods of same type. Come on, a T-shirt with FOUR strong armor layers?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom