Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Salvo

Arcane
I shouldn't have replayed the Deal with the Devil quest. Good god this is terrible.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I shouldn't have replayed the Deal with the Devil quest. Good god this is terrible.

Devil doesn't make deals with pussies and suck ups. Nothing terrible about it.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Killing them all at the end was rather satisfying. That, and I smile when I imagine the guy who payed for that quest seeing everyone in the internet trash his self-insert.

Desiderius

Patron
Probably, but not nearly as cringe as those who think it sux because LE Dominatrix doesn’t give them their expected reward for simping while she tortures the people you’re supposed to be protecting.

Chix in general despise suck ups but LE ones take it to a whole nother level.

nimateb

Augur
Is the turn based combat functional? I tried it when it came out and the AI just stood and took the punishment without doing anything

Delterius

Arcane
Stop coming to this thread until you beat the game. And stop asking for advice. You're going to be sorry.
Stop telling newbies to learn things by themselves. This is how you get bad habits, filtered plebs and InEffect worshipers. You might find it hard to believe, but some of us are actually happy to help.
how are you gonna end up 'worshipping InEffect' if you're learning by yourself tho

Desiderius

Patron
Stop coming to this thread until you beat the game. And stop asking for advice. You're going to be sorry.
Stop telling newbies to learn things by themselves. This is how you get bad habits, filtered plebs and InEffect worshipers. You might find it hard to believe, but some of us are actually happy to help.
how are you gonna end up 'worshipping InEffect' if you're learning by yourself tho

The tutorial is rudimentary at best and the depth and breadth of options is unprecedented. People fall back on what they're used to in such situations and in older D&D games that was looking up how you're supposed to do the multiclass build to do what you want (avoid leaving yourself non-functional). Turns out the autolevel is better than InEffect in many cases (and InEffect better than the memebuilders) because the underlying ruleset was designed to make sure every single class was functional (at worst) but people had no way of knowing that going in.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Anyone else get this bug: in an ancient curse part 4 quest, nothing happens when the time gets down to 0 days, it just auto fails. I've tried going to the Bald Hill Top every day starting at 20 days left, but there is nothing there. There are also no kingdom events in relationg to the Quest that come up. Anyone else experience this? Is there a way to force it to happen?

I use the kingdom resolution mod and bag of trick mod btw

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Anyone else get this bug: in an ancient curse part 4 quest, nothing happens when the time gets down to 0 days, it just auto fails. I've tried going to the Bald Hill Top every day starting at 20 days left, but there is nothing there. There are also no kingdom events in relationg to the Quest that come up. Anyone else experience this? Is there a way to force it to happen?

20 days before is too early, however 14 days before, something should appear there...

Yeah, maybe mods are the issue?

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg

20 days before is too early, however 14 days before, something should appear there...

Nothing happen at the 14 days mark, before or after

Pathfinder Kingmaker is truly a good game, shame this bug prevent me from finishing it

Maybe it's the mods, but withouth them I would had drop the game even earlier (I made a lot of dumb mistakes during my playthrough which are fixed by mods)

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Nothing happen at the 14 days mark, before or after

Pathfinder Kingmaker is truly a good game, shame this bug prevent me from finishing it

Maybe it's the mods, but withouth them I would had drop the game even earlier (I made a lot of dumb mistakes during my playthrough which are fixed by mods)

just make the Kingdom Management difficulty to easy if you want to play w/o the mod.

Kingdom management is only skills check after skill check (and raising modifier for them) and setting it to easy or effortless will make it nearly auto pass.

Even on Hard/Unfair playthrough I usually set it to Easy so that you can experience the whole game without too much focus on management.

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Lol, I rolled a Kinetic Knight, not realizing they didn't put in Kinetic Whip, which is the whole point of Kinetic melee.

Then I check CotW and turns out he put it in.

Some of us actually know the PNP rules. Edit: Jk I only found out the other day that the KKnight is a trap, in PNP. In fact, all the (non-3pp) Kineticist archetypes are downgrades. Sadly.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
because the underlying ruleset was designed to make sure every single class was functional (at worst) but people had no way of knowing that going in.
No. A 1e Pathfinder build = several multiclass dips, figuring out which archetypes STACK with each other (because you can use multiple archetypes IF they do not alter or replace the same class feature - yes, there long discussions about whether something counts as being replaced or altered in PNP forums), hoping the archetypes were designed well.

The underlying ruleset is 3.5E. Before that, there was only 2e multiclassing and dual-classing, as seen in everything Infinity Engine before IWD2.

I don't suppose VMC (Variant Multi-Classing) is in the game?

Edit: For example, the Fumi's Codex mod added in Master of Many Styles. That's a nice 1 level dip to merely multiple styles active. Wanna shore up your CMD? Dip Lore Warden Fighter for 3 levels (CotW just added that).

Well, I don't mind the multiclass dipping part. HAVING certain archetypes in the game would open a lot a lot more builds though. Actually it'd be nice if I could dip into ANY Brawler to get Brawler's Flurry. But that class isn't in the game. Nor are the gunslingers (obvious reasons)

Edit 2: And the problem with earlier D&D games was understanding THAC0. Fucking THAC0.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, doesn't mean a Kinetic Knight's useless. Actually his playstyle might be less rotten = more fun then Deadly Earth spam of regular Kins.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Well, doesn't mean a Kinetic Knight's useless. Actually his playstyle might be less rotten = more fun then Deadly Earth spam of regular Kins.
Even in the PNP, it's a trap. You get higher AC running Dex and grabbing some Monk levels, grab the same feats, now you can blast with or without the blade.

The whole point of Kineticist melee is the Kinetic Whip. Without the Kinetic Whip you can't make AoOs. Not to mention full-round attacking with that reach + tripping + disarming weapon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom