Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2020: Results & Cool Graphs

Codex Year of the Donut
Here's Mortmal's attempt at a summary:
They also added its a den of unbelievable violence, a den of racism , mysoginistic, fascists, i am probably forgetting a few other things but worse and something that will really hurt you...our rpg analysis are in much decline.
If you still wonder why no one answering your tweets, thats how the industry portrays you now.
They're welcome to come here and express those opinions while having a discussion with us.
Oh wait, they'd have their life ruined for posting on a forum. They'd be fired, unemployable, for daring to talk to people who hold views they disagree with.

And the violence/racism/misogynist bit is humorous, you can be overtly racist on any social media site as long as it's aimed at whites or asians. You can hate men all you want on those sites, as long as you worship womxn which includes womxn who have feminine pxnises. Violence? It's completely welcomed as long as it's again, aimed at the correct people. Calls for assassinations, doxxing, planning riots, you better believe it's all over twatter.
If you don't believe me, go post a picture of a large white christian family on social media. You'll see far worse replies than most anything you've seen posted here.
If fascism is allowing people to say what they like rather than having billionaires control who you're allowed to hate, then I'm a hardcore fascist.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's fairly obvious that devs should stay semi-incognito while posting at Codex, especially at our fucked up times.

I was surprised Anthony Davis stuck around as long as he did with his name on full display.

Funnily enough he stopped posting on the Codex around about the same time he got a job at Blizzard. I'm guessing with how cucked Blizzard is, posting on Codex would be an instant red flag.

Mortmal

Arcane
Here's Mortmal's attempt at a summary:
They also added its a den of unbelievable violence, a den of racism , mysoginistic, fascists, i am probably forgetting a few other things but worse and something that will really hurt you...our rpg analysis are in much decline.
If you still wonder why no one answering your tweets, thats how the industry portrays you now.
They're welcome to come here and express those opinions while having a discussion with us.
Oh wait, they'd have their life ruined for posting on a forum. They'd be fired, unemployable, for daring to talk to people who hold views they disagree with.

And the violence/racism/misogynist bit is humorous, you can be overtly racist on any social media site as long as it's aimed at whites or asians. You can hate men all you want on those sites, as long as you worship womxn which includes womxn who have feminine pxnises. Violence? It's completely welcomed as long as it's again, aimed at the correct people. Calls for assassinations, doxxing, planning riots, you better believe it's all over twatter.
If you don't believe me, go post a picture of a large white christian family on social media. You'll see far worse replies than most anything you've seen posted here.
If fascism is allowing people to say what they like rather than having billionaires control who you're allowed to hate, then I'm a hardcore fascist.

Its preaching to the convinced here, of course everyone in the media follow that same "left woke" agenda which is in fact a billionaire agenda. They love their minorities and colored people until they talk about naughty things like the exploitation of african ressources and their people from big corporations.
In this day and age every dev and journos will say the correct thing, imagine one of them said he like the place, he will be blacklisted immediately . I bet for one job of gaming journo, there's at least a thousand of applicants now. Better stay in line and shit on the evil codex fascists.

Codex Year of the Donut
Its preaching to the convinced here,
you underestimate the cucked lurkers
But they wont read and even if they will nothing you can say will ever convince them . Its a matter of might and communication, the ideas of the guys with the most money win.
Did you know as punishment for licking the rich and powerful british boot the patriots stripped loyalists of the right to "run a household"? It was one of the worst punishments they could think of -- complete emasculation.

Mortmal

Arcane
Its preaching to the convinced here,
you underestimate the cucked lurkers
But they wont read and even if they will nothing you can say will ever convince them . Its a matter of might and communication, the ideas of the guys with the most money win.
Did you know as punishment for licking the rich and powerful british boot the patriots stripped loyalists of the right to "run a household"? It was one of the worst punishments they could think of -- complete emasculation.

Then we should be careful after the revolution, after all as canard pc says , by voting for disco elysium as rpg of the year we voted for the CORRECT choice...

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Let's call the thing with its real name - Racial "Cold" War. And unlike Soviet Union, modern Left isn't going to dissolve by itself

Dexter

Arcane
-You have to understand the context, this poll was not just for the codex but open to the general public, thus the hateful fascists and nazis of the codex were overpowered by the non hateful non biased englightened masses that came from outside the site, thus guiding the poll to the obvious correct result.
At least even this enlightened RPG expert sees the faults in felipepepe's Codex GOTY Polls and knows they're rigged to get to the "correct result".

Au Ellai

Educated
All the arguments about Felipe not using games x and y seemed to not matter since apparently 80% of the codex only played the "big" games (literally only 3) while all the actual great rpg's released (Horizon's Gate, for example) were only played by a small minority.

I'm a bit flumoxed that so many voters played so few rpgs. Not that it was a great year, but I'd expect to see a few more bubbles above the 20% line than AssCreed, Cyberpunk, and Wasteland, only one of which was an RPG.

Surprised to see Wasteland 3 getting that much love too. Game was a clusterfuck with absurd edgy writing and a combat system that doesn't matter more than "whoever moves first wins."

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Can't believe Marvel Avengers wasn't GOTY. Clearly a fraudulent poll. I demand a recount and a full hand recounted audit. None of this computer-counted excel spreadsheet bullshit.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I'm a bit flumoxed that so many voters played so few rpgs. Not that it was a great year, but I'd expect to see a few more bubbles above the 20% line than AssCreed, Cyberpunk, and Wasteland, only one of which was an RPG.
He posted the poll on Twitter and Reddit, so the results are tainted by the people coming those sites. That should answer your question.

Gregz

Arcane
This poll was terrible and polluted by outsiders.

Be sure to play the following excellent 2020 games in case you missed them:

1. The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos
  2. Chronicon
  3. Hades
  4. Monster Train
  5. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  6. Daggerfall Unity
  7. Erannorth Reborn
Those are in descending order of awesomeness, but all are great. Some of them may or may not be RPGs, according to somebody's arbitrary definition of the genre, don't care.

Last edited:

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
I started playing W3 after I voted. P. good so far, I'd give it 3/4.

Troubleshooter is solid 4/4 tho:incline:
Narrative design is better than average. C&C was high level for a commercial game it was refreshing experience and not railroaded at all. The pace of the game was great. Story was interesting.
Combat system was juck. It’s a mess. I finished a game and I am still not sure what it was trying to accomplish. Perks were subpar, not interesting and don’t tie with the abilities. I mean you have a multi million development, can’t you just pay 5k to someone good with numbers to do it. They ask their narrative designers to get combat right. That’s like hiring Banksy to do the plumbing.

Overall a good game, the only good one from kickstarter disappointments thus far.

sstacks

Arcane
felipepepe works hard on this every year, despite knowing a lot of the response will be infantile Minions warbling barely comprehensible butthurtese at him.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Hey Infinitron, why you are still ignoring NotO? Isn't posting about new RPGs your job? You'll just need to write two paragraphs in the news. Just say something, dammit. That you are lazy, that you can't write these two paragraphs yourself and need help, that I need to pester VoD instead, that you are furiously flaming cocksucker...

Wunderbar

Arcane
Hey Infinitron, why you are still ignoring NotO? Isn't posting about new RPGs your job? You'll just need to write two paragraphs in the news. Just say something, dammit. That you are lazy, that you can't write these two paragraphs yourself and need help, that I need to pester VoD instead, that you are furiously flaming cocksucker...
what is NotO?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom