Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

KVVRR

Learned
It's going to be real awkward going through the side missions in 1 looking like a last (maybe last 2) gen game and having to suddenly stop to read a text describing what's currently happening within the story.

KVVRR

Learned
The original Mass Effect game has received a more substantial touching-up than Mass Effect 2 and 3, primarily around the combat system and UI. This makes sense, as the first game was more of an RPG and the sequels greatly improved the combat: so Mass Effect 1 is receiving something of a rework.
the first game was more of an RPG
at least they're admiting it

KVVRR

Learned
nqt5QoA.png

jackofshadows

Magister

Of all possible romance options to show off they picked femshep&forever_underaged_looking_alien. Well, at least not Kortez.
Where to start with such an enormous project? BioWare quickly decided against creating new content or adding anything back in previously left on the cutting room floor in order to preserve the experience people remember.
:decline:
That's funny how they're trying to show it as a good thing. OTOH, I dont wanna imagine much how hypothetical new content from modern BioWare could look like.

Last edited:

Terra

Cipher
So no new/restored content, the ending is still shit, the multiplayer is gone (can already see the initial hurr cries on steam forums) and the developer's opening outlook on the project was "how can we do as little as possible." Sounds great.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That price. And all I get from the PR statement is excuses. I wonder how substantial the rework on the first game will be, but I doubt there will be much, and screw the 4k texture fetish. Jesus H. Publishers keep talking about 4k and apparently that is enough for a remaster.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So no new/restored content, the ending is still shit, the multiplayer is gone (can already see the initial hurr cries on steam forums) and the developer's opening outlook on the project was "how can we do as little as possible." Sounds great.

I thought the multiplayer in 3 was pretty good and fit the overall storyline. You had these small teams being sent out to different outposts etc to fight off the invasion. It fit in very well, and it will be missed.

Terra

Cipher

I thought the multiplayer in 3 was pretty good and fit the overall storyline. You had these small teams being sent out to different outposts etc to fight off the invasion. It fit in very well, and it will be missed.
Which is all the more surprising it won't be present, my jab was more aimed at the sorts of players that seek multiplayer content to the detriment of singleplayer, such as the CoD audience EA was desperate to court in the 360 era.

If anything I'm shocked EA is passing up the opportunity to monetise off of the multiplayer component. This release is looking to have the usual hallmarks of a SquareEnix "definitive" release tbh.

Caim

Arcane
I wonder if they are going to have to recall this helmet because it can give you cancer as well.

110GB hard drive space lol.

$60? Yeah, hard pass. Funny thing is that you can get the Mass Effect 3 complete edition on Steam for $30, and you can get both (for some reason) for about $75.

I thought the multiplayer in 3 was pretty good and fit the overall storyline.
Mass Effect 3 multiplayer was one of the first games to have lootboxes that grant power boosts, so in my book it stands forever as one of the heralds of decline.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Fucking goddamn I forgot how much DLC/Promo-bullshit exclusive shit they made for these games. 40+ Pieces of it!.

>4k Textures for every thing.
Shit, I though these were remasters, not Nexus mod texture packs. Wonder if one of those is a new non-stock photo Tali.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Mass Effect 3 multiplayer was one of the first games to have lootboxes that grant power boosts, so in my book it stands forever as one of the heralds of decline.

I see. But that was all ingame or could you buy stuff for real money? I don't remember. I just remember I found it to be a nice distraction from the main game, and like I said it made sense in the context.

ekrolo2

Learned
Oddly the Steam community hub is up but the Steam page itself isn't yet: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1328670/

110GB hard drive space lol.

4K textures take an absurd amount of space, it's normal.
the real problem is the price, you might as well just play ME2 and 3 with that mod that upscales textures.

Might as well play all of them with mods that do substantially more and most assuredly won't ever be compatible with the remasters.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
OMG, I don't have MIN requirements. Despair.

Minimum:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-8350
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: GPU: NVIDIA GTX 760, AMD Radeon 7970 / R9280X GPU RAM: 2 GB Video Memory
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 120 GB available space
Recommended:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-7700 or AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070 / RTX 200, Radeon Vega 56, GPU RAM: 4 GB Video Memory
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 120 GB available space
ME1 got improved the most.
ss_b044b6588ff97534492becdde4ff6910305612da.jpg

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Still barely any footage which isn't a good sign.

ME 1 had that shitty early UE3 renderer so it had some really hideous sections. A new lighting pass should do good work however. What's interesting is if they re-render the battle cutscenes or make them realtime.

ME 2 was the complete package as far as using lightmass and decent cinematography. Don't know what they could do to improve it short of rebuilding all the assets.

ME3 was a half game filled with half finished levels and set-pieces and the studio phoning everything in. There's no rescuing that catastrophically ugly game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom