Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
There’s a pretty good Swashbuckler mod that functions as an add-on to CotW that’s just a little too clunky in its implementation for my taste (the way the game handles swift actions is not good, especially reactive ones without toggles) but that you might enjoy.

Drill Sergeant is fun/solid.

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
any good blaster COTW build? or should i focus on disables?
prob gonna replace him with a grenadier, straightforward and i dont have to open 10 tabs every time i lvl in a mage build.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Maybe try Preservationist instead. Grenadier looks broken but ends up giving you a bunch of stuff you don’t really need. Psychic is also fun.

Desiderius

Patron
A fun Grenadier would be fighting Enlarged with Bardiche and STR-mutagen hitting people with AoOs while you use your action economy on Precise Cone Breath Bombs.​

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
wanna play a full custom party, larping as a minor noble with his retinue (using COTW builds)
screenshot flexing vomit is forbiden.

I have done almost dozen of runs in rogue-like with CotW recently so my thoughts:
- mc aldori defender/swordlord
Just make him pure lvl 20 Aldori Defender, preferably STR based. With all new feats pure fighters are amazing in CotW, and Weapon Training > Focused Weapon adds scaling to base damage for any weapon type up to the whopping 2d8 at lvl 20 (and even more with Enlarge/Legendary Proportions). Swordlord has some cute tricks, but losing half of the weapon training, ton of feats and inscreased crit multiplier is never worth it. Pure Aldori Defender even has enough feats to get Crane Style line without monk dip and that, along with some Mithril heavy armor, makes him into a pretty decent tank.

- court magician some blaster dude
Arcanist is nice to mix prepared/spontaneous casting, my personal favorite Magaambyan Initiate who adds 20 cleric/druids spells to his spell list, mostly all heals and unique buffes, and could cast them at will without wasting his prepared slots.
I also likes new wizard archetype - Spirit Whisperer. It adds access to one shaman spirit with the whole package of different Shaman hexes. Hex's DC scale from INT and it is very nice to put something crazy useful like Blinding Hex (Heaven's Spirit) on auto-cast and see him to debuff everyone into complete suck with endless ability that easily hit DC 30+ and works on 95% enemies.

- captain of the guard, prob dwarf drill sergeant
Same thing about pure fighters being amazing. There are also two cool new feats fighters get easy access to:
Shield Brace - to use Spears/Glaives/Fauchards as one handed with shield
Unhindering Shield - to use two-handers with the backlers.
I really really liked shield-bashing drill sergeant with Fauchard.
Like this one
330DC372AD86CB4E305E67AA4154E4C1EAB68A40

- swordmaster either some slayer or swasbuckler
Slayer is always nice but does not get many new tricks from CotW. My flavor of month is Insinuator (Antipaladin). Gets everything tasty from paladin and could smite anything. And even fits your larping.
- a cleric for them basic healings and buffs, prob some warpriest
As my standards go, for Endless dungeon, all Warpriests with an exception of Cult Leader suck. And pure cleric, or Oracle with the full 9 levels of the divine spells is worth his weight in gold. I was even able to build Mystic Theurge from one, getting 19 Oracle caster levels with up to lvl 6 wizard spells, but that was epitome of 10-tabs-jiggling on every level up.

- or court poet, maybe skald or bard.
Even vanilla Skalds are cool. Even cooler with a good old big Greataxe.

Desiderius

Patron
If you go with Disarm, as you should because Dazzling Blade is insane, you don’t in fact have the Feats to get to Crane, which is overrated in any case because Fighting Defensively is clunky as hell. Of course STR-based enlarged is busted as ever but it’s more fun to go DEX-based with Reduce Person getting your damage from Deft Strike and Piranha. You can get DEX-to-CM via Halfling Racial Trait (and Adopted for non-Halflings).

If you want something interesting for AD go with Swordplay Upset and Greater Feint. Swordlord duplicates and greatly exceeds the benefits of the Crane the hard way plan with more panache, but straight AD is nice because of Advanced Weapon Training.

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
I actually used bucklers with unhindering shield to all my melees, it felt kinda cheat though because there is a general lack of bucklers even plain ones and had to craft them using a mod.
Otherwise its free ac.Shield brace needs more feats invested into it because you get the shields armor penalty as a penalty to hit,you can always use a buckler though with polearmes.

Desiderius

Patron
I actually used bucklers with unhindering shield to all my melees, it felt kinda cheat though because there is a general lack of bucklers even plain ones and had to craft them using a mod.
Otherwise its free ac.Shield brace needs more feats invested into it because you get the shields armor penalty as a penalty to hit,you can always use a buckler though with polearmes.

The two best shields in the whole game are Bucklers.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
So since second game already in beta, this time I decided to give a second playthrough to Pkm again (using tb combat this time), this time heavy modded with CotW, Tweak or treat, Races Unleashed, A touch of magic, Favored Class, Derring-Do, Proper Flanking 2, KingmakerAI and etc.
I decided to make a party that consist from arcane caster, divine caster, archer, melee guys with heavy usage of CotW content.

I already decided that it would be nice if my arcane caster would be Arcanist. However, I have trouble to decide between base Arcanist, School Savant (if so, which school is better?) and Initiate (I concerned about possible alignment restrictions for later) and how much I should give CHAR and Dex to Arcanist, so his exploits will be effective through game.

Divine Caster: Holy shit, I have no idea, there so many of them added with CotW. Besides, this choice depends on my choice for Arcanist archetype.

melee guy: noticed suggestion that pure fighters now is much better and gonna take something like that. Although Mutation Warrior from "Tweak and treat" mod sounds bad ass too.

Archer guy& trickery guy: Slayer or Spawn Slayer (composite bow, when I will be able to find it ofc)

So, what Arcanist archetype is better and what divine caster to pick? Do I need more arcane casters and/or melee? Any tips and suggestions would be appreciated. Sorry If my questions look stupid, I played pkm last time long ago.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Of the ones in the mod's page I'd care only for the School Savant. Few sacrifices for very nice gains. Specializing in things like Enchantment for their school powers hurts less when you don't HAVE to spend your spell slots into enchantment spells, just the prepared slot.
What school to choose and which two to pick as opposite? I saw on different site discussion where people suggested to specialize in divination, but there was no mention of what school to ban and divination school looks very barebones imho.

Delterius

Arcane
Of the ones in the mod's page I'd care only for the School Savant. Few sacrifices for very nice gains. Specializing in things like Enchantment for their school powers hurts less when you don't HAVE to spend your spell slots into enchantment spells, just the prepared slot.
What school to choose and which two to pick as opposite? I saw on different site discussion where people suggested to specialize in divination, but there was no mention of what school to ban and divination school looks very barebones imho.
The two best specializations in the CRPG are definitely Divination and Enchantment for school powers (effective +2DC to enemy saving throws in different ways is the big one, though only Divination works against everything) and Conjuration for an all around great school that has great, useful spells at every circle. OTOH, like you said Divination's spell list is barebones and Enchantment's is hard to apply in this game. But that's for Wizards. As an Arcanist your spell casting potential is divorced from what spells you end up preparing. So even if you end up memorizing different instances of Extended True Strike or Sense Vitals, it's not a nerf in either firepower OR versatility when compared to the standard Arcanist. IMO? Never oppose Evocation, Transmutation, Abjuration and Illusion and keep heed of Conjuration. When you blast, odds are you'll cast an Evocation spell. When you buff, its Transmutation. When you protect yourself, its Mirror Images. Enchantment and Abjuration have their own niches respectively for buffing and self defense. That leaves Necromancy and one other school, likely Divination. Now that I think about it, specializing in Divination and opposing Necromancy/Enchantment should net you the best of all worlds. Just use a bard for Enchantment buffs.

And also a better answer to your first question: the only truly baaaaaaaaaad Arcanist archetype from the mod is Unlettered Arcanist. Its an Arcanist-Witch hybrid with none of the goodies from Witch (Hexes) + its worse spell list. Blood Arcanist should be great paired with Arcane. School Savant like we discussed gives you the school powers of Divination or Enchantment. Occultist is a specialized summoner with probably the coolest capstone ever (free summon creature spells that work). And the Magaambyan Initiate comes with nice goodies that can work with a specific character. But Unlettered Arcanist. Yuck!

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
The two best specializations in the CRPG are definitely Divination and Enchantment for school powers (effective +2DC to enemy saving throws in different ways is the big one, though only Divination works against everything) and Conjuration for an all around great school that has great, useful spells at every circle. OTOH, like you said Divination's spell list is barebones and Enchantment's is hard to apply in this game. But that's for Wizards. As an Arcanist your spell casting potential is divorced from what spells you end up preparing. So even if you end up memorizing different instances of Extended True Strike or Sense Vitals, it's not a nerf in either firepower OR versatility when compared to the standard Arcanist. IMO? Never oppose Evocation, Transmutation, Abjuration and Illusion and keep heed of Conjuration. When you blast, odds are you'll cast an Evocation spell. When you buff, its Transmutation. When you protect yourself, its Mirror Images. Enchantment and Abjuration have their own niches respectively for buffing and self defense. That leaves Necromancy and one other school, likely Divination. Now that I think about it, specializing in Divination and opposing Necromancy/Enchantment should net you the best of all worlds. Just use a bard for Enchantment buffs.

And also a better answer to your first question: the only truly baaaaaaaaaad Arcanist archetype from the mod is Unlettered Arcanist. Its an Arcanist-Witch hybrid with none of the goodies from Witch (Hexes) + its worse spell list. Blood Arcanist should be great paired with Arcane. School Savant like we discussed gives you the school powers of Divination or Enchantment. Occultist is a specialized summoner with probably the coolest capstone ever (free summon creature spells that work). And the Magaambyan Initiate comes with nice goodies that can work with a specific character. But Unlettered Arcanist. Yuck!
Thank you very much for such extended answer.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Anyone got a nice Scroll Savant build? Thinking of trying one out, the game smothers you in scrolls and it would be nice to have someone who could make good use of them.

frajaq

Erudite
Anyone remember that one guy that did a lot of builds for companions/main character in GoG forums?

Delterius

Arcane
Anyone got a nice Scroll Savant build? Thinking of trying one out, the game smothers you in scrolls and it would be nice to have someone who could make good use of them.
There's no mystery to it. Go 19 INT at level 1, be good at CC schools like Conjuration (most bang per buck via CC in the early game and Conjuration can do anything), consider the school powers of Enchantment vs Divination (school powers are even more important since so much of your spellcasting potential will come from scrolls) and get the Hare (initiative is good to have) familiar. Try to grab one, two or at most 3 schools worth of spell focus + Spell Resistance starting at level 10. You're set, pretty much. Beyond that just deviate according to personal preference. For one, you might consider Skill Focus: Persuasion, Viper Familiar and Enchantment since you're King and being persuasive is cool.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
So I decided to go with oracle as my divine caster (oh, boy, I hope party without member with high WIS would be alright) and stuck a bit. If I understand correctly best mystery for healing type of oracle (and other clerical needs) would be Life Mystery, however, this mystery probably not filled with offensive spells or melee prowess, therefore I need to give this Oracle a bow/crossbow to shoot shit up. Right now I can't decide between going Aasimar and human, is this class feat heavy?
On the other hand I need someone to cast enchantment buffs while not being useless in melee combat, is Urban Skald a good idea?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So I decided to go with oracle as my divine caster (oh, boy, I hope party without member with high WIS would be alright) and stuck a bit. If I understand correctly best mystery for healing type of oracle (and other clerical needs) would be Life Mystery, however, this mystery probably not filled with offensive spells or melee prowess, therefore I need to give this Oracle a bow/crossbow to shoot shit up. Right now I can't decide between going Aasimar and human, is this class feat heavy?
On the other hand I need someone to cast enchantment buffs while not being useless in melee combat, is Urban Skald a good idea?

Oracle is very alike to cleric in this regard. I usually build them as:
- pure caster who takes spellcasting feats like Spell Focus/Metamagics/Spell Specialization/Spell Penetration. There are some mysteries that designed for such oracles - Bones for Necromancy spells, Flame/Waves/Wind for elemental. This character would profit greatly from Spirit Guide archetype to extend his spell list even more and snatch some good shaman Hex and put it on auto cast instead of shooting bow/crossbow.
- Healers, also buffers and Pet Owners with mysteries like Healing, Nature or Ancestor. Those I usually mold into mediocre archers + buff/heal bots when my melee already crowded.
- Melee oriented Oracles. Battle mystery is the best here for the proficiency with all armor/martial weapons. Could be fairly competent STR fighter with Reach weapons like Glaives/Fauchards/Spears without buffs, and absolutely brutal when fully buffed with all short-duration spell. Goes for same feats as other melees - Power Attack/Outflank/Improved Crit/Weapon Focus (+ Dazzling Display and Shatter Defenses line). Still, not exactly a tanking material but that depends on difficulty a lot.

Another important thing that every good oracle gets all Cure line for free and could be competent healer with just that. Channeling and other bonuses from Healing mystery are nice in early game but barely matter later, when it is all about Heal/Mass Heal. I'd rather take Nature with super pet, whom you can buff with all crazy personal spells for free. And who can get Bonded Mind + Spell Share team feats later and buff whole party with his crazy personal spells like Divine Might. (Any other Oracle could Spell Share too, but he'll need another source for pet/familiar to meet requirements, from multi-class or Spirit Guide archetype).

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Some degree of this is probably relevant: https://zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html

The Comprehensive Pathfinder Guides Guide

Here is the Guide to the Builds
A repository for all of the best builds out there.

Bookmark this Page and Send it to Your Players and Co-Adventurers!

Core Classes

Alchemist
* Zenith's Guide to the Alchemist, Part I, II, III, IV, V [Discussion] * (2015)
Chasing the Philosopher's Stone: N. Jolly's Guide to the Pathfinder Alchemist [Discussion] (2015)
Becoming Oozymandias - A Guide to the Bottle Ooze Discovery [Discussion] (2017)
Ogre's RPG Stuff - Alchemist’s Guide (Core, APG, UM) [Discussion] (2013)
Preserves and Pointy Sticks: A Guide to Reach Fighting with the Preservationist Alchemist [Discussion] (2018)

Arcanist
Arcanist Optimization Guide [Discussion] (2014)
Dawar's Guide to the Arcanist [Discussion] (2015)
"Blow Them to Smithereens" AKA "There WAS a Boss" [Discussion] (2016)
Counter Savant: The Only Pathfinder Counterspelling Build [Discussion] (2018)

Antipaladin
Bodhi's Guide to the Optimal Paladin & Antipaladin (Core, APG, UM, UC) (Has Mythic Options) [Discussion] (Survey) (2015)
Marshmallow's Guide to Your Optimal Anti-Paladin (2013)

Barbarian
Anger Management: A Pathfinder Guide to the Barbarian by Novamurmson (Thread) (2014)
BARBARIAN AM SMASH - A Practical Guide to Breaking Faces by Trinam (Core, APG, UC) [Discussion] (2013)
How to Become the Lord of Rage: N. Jolly's Guide to the Pathfinder Barbarian [Discussion] (2014)
Elewan's Pathfinder Barbarian Guide (Core, APG) [Discussion] (2012)
kcmorris's A Guide to the Barbarian and Titan Mauler Barbarian (Blog) (2011)

Bard
All the World’s a Stage, and You the Stage Director: A Guide to the Pathfinder Bard (Core, ACG, APG, ARG, UC, UM) [Discussion] (2015)
Treantmonk's Guide to Bards: Pathfinder Core Rules (Core only) [Discussion] (2012)
kcmorris's Dervish Dance Bard (Blog, short) (2016)
Guide to the Buffer Bard [Discussion] (2014)
Forger's List of Amazing Bard Options (2017)

Bloodrager
Raining Blood: The Bloodrager's Guide to Pleasing the Metal Gods [Discussion] (2014)
CTP's Guide to the Bloodrager (2017)
One B.A.M.F's Guide to the Bloodrager (2018)

Brawler
Happy Feet, Wombo Combo [Discussion] (2016)
Brawlers: Debuffing with Style [Discussion] (2016)

Cavalier
The Cavalier's Code (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion] (2015)
The Flying Pincushion: GM_Solspiral PAP Cavalier Guide [Discussion] (2014)
Demi-Lancer: A Guide to Dipping Cavalier for a Mount [Discussion] (2020)

Cleric
Tark's Big Holy Book of Clerical Optimization (Core, APG) [Discussion] (2014)
Brewer's Guide to Reach Clerics [Discussion] (2010)
Pupsocket's Guide to Dipping Cleric (2014)
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Ftagn! A Guide to the Elder Mythos Cultist [Discussion]
Beckett's Guide to Clerics (2016)
Rogue Eidolon’s Guide to Clerics (Domains) (Core only) [Discussion] (2010)
In Totality: The Ultimate Guide to Every Cleric, Oracle, and Warpriest Spell in Pathfinder [Thread] (2019)
Analysis Paralysis: Only the Good Spells from the Cleric, Oracle, and Warpriest Spell Lists in Pathfinder [Thread] (2019)

Druid
Peterrco's guide to Druids (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion] (2012)
Treantmonk's Guide to Druids Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 (Core only) [Discussion] (2010)
I'll Be Back. The Guide to the Reincarnated Druid [Discussion] (2014)
Druid's Log: Animal Companions [Discussion] (2014)
Prometeus Guide to the Druid [Discussion] (2016)
Monk Dipping for Pathfinder Druids [Discussion] (2015)

Fighter
Bladestorm: "STR Ranger"'s Guide to TWF for Fighters (Core, APG, UM, UC, SoS) [Discussion] (2013)
kcmorris's A Guide to the Fighter (Blog) (2015)
Rogue Eidolon's Guide to Fighters (Core only) [Discussion] (???)
Two Hands are Better Than One: A Guide for Fighters Using Two Hands [Discussion] (2016)
Secrets of the Swordlord: A Guide to the Aldori Dueling Sword [Discussion] (2013)
Huh, Fighters Are Pretty Awesome: Nightbringer's Guide to the Pathfinder Fighter [Discussion] (2016)
Cartmanbeck’s Guide to the Iron Caster (2017)
Marshmallow's Guide to the Pathfinder RPG Fighter [Discussion] (2017)

Gunslinger
Drake_Rocket's Guide to Grand Gunslinginger Greatness (Core, APG, UC) [Discussion] (2011)
kcmorris's Musket Master Gunslinger (Blog, short) (2016)
The Gunslinger's Handbook (2012)
Lokotor's Gunslinger Guide [Discussion] (2016)
Surpassing Even the Boss: N.Jolly's Guide to the Pathfinder Gunslinger [Discussion] (2016)

Hunter
The Obnoxiously Awesome Guide to the Hunter (2014)
A Guide to the Pathfinder RPG's Hunter [Discussion] (2016)
Guide to the Outflanking Hunter [Discussion] (2018)

Inquisitor
Bodhi's Guide to the Optimal Inquisitor (Core, APG, ARG, UM, UC, Other+) [Discussion] (2015)
Nobody Expects a Guide to the Inquisitor (Core, APG, UM) [Discussion] (2014)
The Inquisitor's Symposium: A Guide to the Pathfinder Inquisitor (2019)

Investigator
The Investigator’s Academy: A Guide to the Pathfinder Investigator [Discussion] (2020)
Being Sherlock Holmes: A Gentleman's Guide to the Investigator [Discussion] (2015)
The Investigator's Grand Turnabout: N. Jolly's guide-addendum to the Pathfinder Investigator [Discussion] (2016)
Elementary! A Handbook to the Pathfinder Investigator (2014)

Kineticist
Mastering the Elements: N.Jolly's Guide to the Pathfinder Kineticist [Discussion] (2016)
Sucking Counts as Airbending, Right? (Thread) (2015)
Aetherialist AKA Telekenticist (2015)
Pyrokineticist (2016)
The GM's Guide to the Kineticist [Discussion] (2017)
Mort’s Guide for Kineticist Dipping and Dipping Kineticist [Discussion] (2019)
A Useful Guide for Useful Kineticists (Thread) (2017)

Magus
Optimizing the Suboptimal: A Subguide to the Myrmidarch (2012)
A Guide to Touch Spells, Spellstrike, and Spell Combat (2012)
Magus Hexcrafter Guide: The Complete Guide For Dealing With The Devil (Core, APG, ARG, UC, UM) [Discussion] (2013)
Walter’s Guide to the Magus (Core, APG, UM) [Discussion] (2011)
The Exhaustive Guide the the Kensai Magus [Discussion] (2012)
Myrrh, Frankincense, and Steel: Kurald Galain's Guide to the Magus (Core, APG, ARG, UC, UM) [Thread] [Discussion] (2017)
Forger's Supplemental Guide to the Updated Magus (2014)

Medium
Leasing Your Body for Fun and Profit: CockroachTeaParty's Guide to the Pathfinder Medium [Discussion] (2017)
Guide for the Medium Occult Class [Discussion] (2018)

Mesmerist
The Grandeur of Illusions - A PF Mesmerist Guide (2015)

Monk
Porpentine's Guide to Zen Archery (Blog) (2013)
A Guide to the Qinggong Monk (Short, Blog) (2014)
Optimizing your Qinggong Monk (Short, Blog) [Discussion] (2017)
kcmorris's Zen Archer Monk (Blog) (2012)
Revel's Guide to the Monk (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion] (2011)
Treantmonk's Guide to Monks (Core only) [Discussion] (2016)
Zen Archer Handbook (Thread) (2012)
Way of the Angry Bear 3: Bear Fisted Fighting (Monk/Druid Multi-class) [Discussion] (2015)
The Beginner's Basics to the NEW Master of Many Styles [Discussion] (2016)
Jam's Blended Archetype Guide: The Monk [Discussion] (2016)

Monk (Unchained)
You are Already Dead: A Guide to the Unchained Monk [Discussion] (2017)

Ninja
* Zenith's Guide to the Ninja Part I, Part II, Part III & Part IV [Discussion] * (2015)
Death from the Shadow: A Guide to the Ninja by Joseph Bucceri (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion] (2014)

Occultist
Of Wands, Cups, and Blades: A Guide to the Pathfinder Occultist (2015)
One Man's Junk is Another Man's Power (2015)
Implementing Magic: VampByDay's guide to the Occultist [Discussion] (2016)
Rekijan's Guide to Trappings of the Warrior (2017)
More Occultist Options

Oracle
Channeling the Cosmos: A Guide to the Oracle (Core, APG, ARG, UM, UC) [Discussion] (2014)
Brewer's Guide to the Jargonaut (Words of Power Oracle) [Discussion] (2013)
Oradin Mini-Guide, or How to be a Healbot minus the 'bot' (Thread) (2014)
Bell, Book, & Candle: A Guide to the Pathfinder Oracle [Discussion] (2019)
In Totality: The Ultimate Guide to Every Cleric, Oracle, and Warpriest Spell in Pathfinder [Thread] (2019)

Paladin
Bodhi's Guide to the Optimal Paladin & Antipaladin (Core, APG, UM, UC) (Has Mythic Options) [Discussion] (Survey) (2015)
Cryptic's Guide to the Pathfinder Paladin: Being a God's Wrecking Hammer (Core) [Discussion] (2012)
Thallin's Guide To Paladins (Optimization) (Core, APG) [Discussion] (2009)
Oradin Mini-Guide, or How to be a Healbot minus the 'bot' (Thread) (2014)
The Paladin's Code and Pathfinder (Roleplaying the Paladin) [Discussion] (2014)
Deadeye's Servant: A Guide to the Archery Paladin [Discussion] (2014)
The Mini-Guide to the Iroran Paladin [Discussion] (2014)
Guide to the Paladin through the eyes of a D&D 3.5 Player (Thread) (2014)
Smite Optimization (Thread) (2011)

Psychic
Think it, And So it Shall Be: CTP's Guide to Psychics (2017)
A Pathfinder Guide to the Psychic (2015)

Ranger
Ginsu Master: A Ranger’s Guide to Two Weapon Fighting (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion] (2011)
Lastoths Guide to Archery Rangers (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion] (2012)
Treantmonk's Guide to Rangers in Pathfinder (Core only) [Discussion] (2009)

Rogue
Moxie: A Practical Guide to Roguing with Style [Discussion] (2014)
kcmorris's Guide to the Rogue (Blog) (2012)
kjb200's Update to Rogue Eidolon's Guide to the Rogue [Discussion] (2015)
Bravo's Knife Master Scout Guide [Discussion] (2013)
Rogue Eidolon's Guide to Rogues (Core, APG) [Discussion] (2010)
A Guide to the Pathfinder Rogue [Discussion] (2014)
GM_Soulspiral's PAP Rogue Guide (2013)
"You're Such a Sap!" A Step-By-Step Guide to the Revised Sap Master [Discussion] (2017)
Forger's List of Awesome Stuff for Rogues (2017)

Rogue Unchained
CTP's Unchained Rogue Mini-guide (Thread) (2015)
One Thousand Years of Death: A Guide to the Unchained Rogue (2017)

Samurai
Way of the Samurai (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion] (2012)

Shaman
The Seer's Catalog [Discussion] (2016)
Spiritual Attunement: A Pathfinder Shaman Guide by JBurz [Discussion] (2015)

Shifter
Archmage Variel's Guide to the Shifter [Discussion] (2018)

Skald
How to be Metal [Discussion] (2016)

Slayer
A Study of Slayers [Discussion] (2015)

Sorcerer
The Inner Power: A Guide for Sorcerers (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion] (2012)
A Quick Guide to Pathfinder Sorcerers: Gods Don't Need Spellbooks (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion] (Recovered Build Page) (2013)
Magic in the Blood: A guide to Eldritch Heritage and Sorcerer Bloodlines (Core, APG, ARG, UM, UC) [Discussion] (2015)
The (almost) Complete Guide to Sorcerers - A Practical Handbook (Core only) [Discussion] (2009)
Thus She Spoke: The Words of Power Sorcerer [Discussion] (2013)
Sorcerer Nuke/Blast Guide for Pathfinder Society (2015)

Spiritualist
Phantom of the OP-era: A Guide to the Pathfinder Spiritualist [Discussion] (2017)
Eternal Servitude: Guide to the Spiritualist [Discussion] (2016)
Two Minds are Better than One (A Short Discussion of the Spiritualist Dip) (2015)
Spirits of War: A Guide to the Phantom Blade Spiritualist (2018)
More Spiritualist Options

Summoner
Summoning Information - A Guide to an Alternate Eidolon (2013)
The Summoner's Handbook (Core, APG) [Discussion] (2011)
Tark's Guide to Building Tag Team Champions: (Melee Summoner) [Discussion] (2012)
Getting into Some Else's Skin: N. Jolly's Guide to the Synthesist Summoner [Discussion] (2015)
Summoners - Specialist Sorcerers with a Party of Their Own (2017)
Monster's at your Knees - Orthodox Banjoist's Guide to the Summoner (Update to the Summoner's Handbook) [Discussion] (2015)

Summoner Unchained
Unchained Summons [Discussion] (2015)

Swashbuckler
The Dashing Daring Dandy's Dragoman [Discussion] (2015)

Vampire Hunter
Archmage Variel's Guide to the Vampire Hunter (2018)

Vigilante
I am Vengeance, I am the Night [Discussion] (2017)
Meandering Mysticism: Drifter's Guide to the Warlock Vigilante Archetype (2017)
With Great Power Comes Great Complexity (2016)

Warpriest
Piercing the Heavens: N. Jolly's Guide to the Pathfinder Warpriest [Discussion] (2016)

Witch
A Witch's Guide to Shutting Down Enemies (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion] (2014)
Hubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble. Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (Core, APG) [Discussion] (2011)
Patron's Review (2011)
The Viking Irishman's Witch Guide (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion] (2013)
Witch Handbook (Thread) (2014)
A Guide to the Veneficus Witch [Thread] (2019)

Wizard
THE COMPLETE Professor Q's Guide to the Pathfinder Wizard (Core, APG, ARG, UM, UC) [Discussion] (original) (2013)
The Blockbuster Wizard (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion] (2013)
Treantmonk's Guide to Pathfinder Wizards [Discussion] (2009)
ShakaUVM's Methods for Necromantic Success [Discussion] (2014)
Wannabe - Orthodox Banjoist's Guide to the Transmuter Wizard [Discussion] (2014)
The Spellslinger (A Pathfinder Wizard Archetype): A Guide [Discussion] (2014)
Spell Sage Archetype: Arcane Apotheosis, the True Wizard, Nethys' Favored [Discussion] (2014)
DMDM's Guide to the Spell Sage (2017)
Angry Wizard's Guide to the ACG & Other Misc. Wizard Spells [Discussion] (2015)
Tarondor's Guide to the Pathfinder Transmuter Wizard (2019)
Staff and Gun - A Miniguide to the Eldritch Gunslinger (2016)
Making a Living as a Wizard & Part II (2019) [Post]

Prestige Classes
Arcane Archer
The Human Diversion's Guide to the Caster-Centric Arcane Archer [Discussion]

Arcane Trickster
Abraham Spalding’s Guide to the Arcane Trickster (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion]
A Highly Regarded Expert's Guide to the Arcane Trickster (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion]

Arclord of Nex
Wishing for Power in Nex or Using your Third Eye [Discussion]

Assassin
OHKO: A Guide to Assassins [Discussion]

Battle Herald
Guide to the Battle Herald [Discussion]

Champion of Irori
Fist of the Heavens! A Guide to the Champion of Irori
[Discussion]

Demoniac
Power from the Pit: Crimson Cadaver's Guide to Demonic Obedience and the Demoniac
[Discussion]

Diabolist
DMDM's Guide to the Diabolist [Discussion]

Dragon Disciple
Oterisk’s Guide to the Dragon Disciple - A “How To” for the Living Myth (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion]

Duelist
Oterisk's Guide to the Duelist - or How to be a Fighter with out being Big and Stupid (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion]

Eldritch Knight
Zolthux's Guide to the Eldritch Knight (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion]

Hellknight
Hellknight Guide

Holy Vindicator
Righteous Indignation - Zurr's Guide to the Holy Vindicator
[Discussion]

Mystery Cultist
Hegemony from the Heavens: Reduxist’s Guide to Celestial Obedience and the Mystery Cultist [Discussion]

Mystic Theurge
Blurring the Lines for Arcane and Divine: Angry Wiggle's Guide to the Mystic Theurge [Discussion]

Pathfinder Chronicler
Oterisk’s guide to Optimizing the Pathfinder Chronicler?!?! (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion]

Stalwart Defender
Guide to the Stalwart Defender [Discussion]

Rage Prophet
Guide to the Rage Prophet
Magehunter's Guide to the Rage Prophet [Discussion]

Shadow Dancer
Why does the Shadow have a Great Sword? Guide to the Two-Handed Shadow Dancer [Discussion]

Psionics & Third Party Aegis
Armor of the Mind: The Aegis

Conscript
Conscript Guide

Cryptic
The Cryptic
Seeing the Writing in the Walls: A Cryptic Guide [Discussion]

Daevic
Daevic Guide [Discussion]

Draconic Exemplar
So You Want to be a Dragon? [Thread]

Dread
Fear Itself: A Guide to the Dread [Discussion]

Elementalist
Spheres of Power Elementalist Handbook [Discussion]

Guru
Guru Guide [Discussion]

Harbinger
Dark Wings, Dark Tidings: A Guide to the Path of War Harbinger [Discussion]

Marksman
Marksman Mastery: You Only Get One Shot [Discussion]

Mystic
Untameable Power: A Guide to the PoW Mystic [Discussion]

Nightblade
Into the Darkness: A Guide to the Nightblade

Occultist
Pacting in Pathfinder - The Occultist Handbook [Discussion]

Psion
Mind Over Everything: A Pathfinder Psion Handbook [Discussion]

Psychic Warrior
Jackiscool's Guide to the Psychic Warrior (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion]
The Psychic Warrior's Handbook (Thread)

Sentinel
Sentinel Guide

Soulknife
Sharpening the Mind: A Guide to the Pathfinder Soulknife (Thread)
Mind Becomes Matter: A Pathfinder Soulknife Guide (Thread)

Stalker
Striking from the Shadows: The Stalker [Discussion] (Thread)

Tactician
The Chess Master: A Tactical Guide to the Tactician (Thread)

Thaumaturge
Risky Business: A Thaumaturge Handbook [Discussion]

Vitalist
Mental Medicine: Psionic Healing Through the Vitalist (Thread)

Vizier
Vizier Guide [Discussion]

Warder
Defending the Weak: The Warder [Discussion] (Thread)

Warlord
Leading the Battle: A Guide to the Warlord [Discussion] (Thread)

Wilder
Novamurmon's Wilder Guide
Where the Wilder Things Are

Zealot
Castilonium's Zealot Guide [Discussion]

Other Useful Guides

Builds
* Guide to the Builds [Discussion] *
Ravingdork's Crazy Character Emporium

Race Guides
* Guide To Pathfinder Races [Discussion] *
Pathfinder Player Race List (Thread)

Equipment
* Improving Your Class with Items [Discussion] *
Good And Cheap Equipment Part 1 and Part 2 and Cheap Ioun Stones and Cheap Wands (Blog)
The Handy Haversack Pack (3185 Gold and 5 pounds, this sack has everything the adventurer might need)
The Viking Irishman’s Guide to Weaponry (Core, APG, UC) [Discussion]
Anzyr's Magic Item Emporium [Discussion]
Alchemical Items Guide [Discussion]
Temporary Enhancements to Manufactured Weapons [Discussion] (2017)
A Guide to Weapons, Armor, Equipment, Alchemical & Magic Items (2017)
The Armamentarium (2018)
Greatest Grab for the Gold

General Character Building
Archetype Tier List: A Guide to Picking Archetypes [Discussion]
Roguish Quail's Introduction to Classes
Bench Pressing: Character Creation by the Numbers [Discussion]
Dipping for Fun and Profit (Thread)
Getting X to Y: How to make a Attribute do other things (Core, APG, ARG, UC, UM) [Discussion]
Possible Archetype Combos
The Big Fat Feat Compendium
Face_P0lluti0n's Guide to Weapon Finesse [Discussion]
How to Get a High Armor Class [Discussion]
Guide for Class Selection [Discussion]
Playing 101: Guide to Teamwork Feats
Walter's Guide to Deific Obediences [Discussion]
X to Y Stat Bonuses (Recovered Thread)
Getting the Most Out of Your Ability Scores: a Pathfinder 1E Overview (X to Y)
Categories of Classes [Discussion]
On Bended Knee: A Guide to Pathfinder's Obedience Feats [Discussion]

Traits
Guide to the Very Best Traits [Discussion]
Tips and Traits: A guide to Pathfinder Traits (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion]
Optimize your Backstory: A Guide to Traits [Discussion]
Sinning for Subdomains: A Guide to Subdomain Traits [Discussion]

Specific Strategies & Tactics
The Noble Art of Intimidancy
Attacks of Opportunity: The Red-Headed Stepchild of Pathfinder [Discussion]
Mastering Metamagic [Discussion]
Guide to Maneuvers and Initiating (Dreamscarred Press's Rules)
Pathfinder Poison Guide [Discussion]
Guide to Temporary Weapon Enhancements
The Pathfinder Doorbreaker's Guide [Discussion]
An Extraordinarily Thorough Guide on Using Handle Animal [Discussion]
Guide to Helping Your Rogue do Sneakies and Stabbies
Size Doesn’t Matter When You’re Flat On Your Back – A Guide to Tripping
Rekijan's Guide to the Siege Caster
The Fog Chanter - A Build for Taking Advantage of Fog [Discussion]
The Long Farewell - A Guide to Poisons in Pathfinder
Baggageboy's Mini Guide to Making the Most of UMD at Low Levels [Discussion]
Lord of Creation: A Guide to Making the Ultimate Crafter in Pathfinder [Discussion]

Variant Multi-Classing
Amateur Night - A Guide to Variant Multiclassing
The ABCs of VMC - Variant Multiclassing [Discussion]

Tips & Tricks
Action Economy: Time Savers (Blog)
Ashiel's Guide to Adventure: Preparation, Tricks, and Strategies (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion]
The Forge of Combat: Thoughts on Victory and How the Group Achieves it [Discussion]
Fueling the Forge: Breaking down Combat Tactics in Pathfinder [Discussion]
Nephril's Extended Beginners Guide [Discussion]

Summoned Monsters and Animal Companions
Multiple Animal Companions and You [Discussion]
Animal Companion Comparison (Blog)
Spells Your Summoned Monsters Can Cast (Short)
Summon Good Monster: A Closer Look (Thread)
Why Work When Others Can do it For You (Monster Summoning)
Druid's Log: Animal Companions
Teamwork Feats and Animal Companions (Discussion)
DMDM's Guide to Planar Binding

Specific Class Abilities
Abraham Spalding's Guide to the Holy Vindicator (or more specifically channeling) (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion]
Being a Most Concise and Helpful Guide to the Noble Arts of Wild Shaping and Polymorphing (Core) [Discussion]
Guide To Spells (Core, APG, UM, UC) [Discussion]
Polymorphamory - The Love of Changing Form: A Guide to Shapeshifting [Discussion]
Shadow Conjuration Handbook (Discussion)
Shadow Evocation Guide (Discussion)
Abusing Animals: A Guide to Sharing Spells with Animal Companions for Non-Druids [Discussion]
Word of Power Handbook (Thread)
The Orrery - A Handbook to the Spheres of Power [Discussion]
Guide to Familiars in Pathfinder by SunderedShadow [Discussion] (2017)
A Polymorph Guide: Beast Shape vs. Monstrous Physique [Discussion] (2018)

Spheres of Might
Spheres of Might Handbook (2020)
A Conjunction of Spheres [Discussion] (2020)

GM Guides
Top 10 Tips for GMs
Brewer's GM Guide to Campaign Design (&dropbox) [Discussion]
Brewer's Guide to GM Session Structure [Discussion]
GM's Guide to Creating Challenging Encounters [Discussion]
Templates and You (Thread)
Inkarnate - A Map Making Tool

Mythic
Mythic Guide to Universal Path Abilities [Discussion]
The Power of the Archmage [Discussion]
CTP's Guide to Mythic Adventures (Thread)

Play by Post
DH's Guide to Play by Post Gaming (Thread)
Building a Better Doomed Hero: Painlord's Advanced Play by Post Play (Thread)
Painlord's Guide to PbP GMing: Make Your World a Better Place (Thread)
CampinCarl's Character Creation Guide for Pathfinder Pbp (Thread)

Pathfinder Society
Flutter's Guide for Pathfinder Society Newbies
Fame and Fortune: Getting the Most from Your Prestige Points

Guides on Types of Builds
A Guide to Trip Builds in Pathfinder
CTP's Guide to Words of Power (Thread)
Words of Power Handbook by The-Mage-King (Thread)
A Brief Guide to Martial Tanking (Thread)
Brewer's Guide to Undeath (Building an Undead Army) [Discussion]
Where There's a Whip There's a Way: Amanoo's Pathfinder Guide to Whips
Cartmanbeck's Guide to the Iron Caster - Using Item Mastery feats to be the ultimate Con-based caster [Discussion] (2016)

General
Optimizing your GM [Discussion]
So you want to play Pathfinder RPG: A Comprehensive Guide for Dungeon Masters and Players [Discussion]

Other
How to Use Leadership (Part 1) (Part 2) (Part 3) [Discussion]
Casting Spells from other Lists (Thread) [Discussion]
Williamoak's Construct Guide [Discussion]
You're Going to Die Screaming - Optimizing the Commoner (Pay what you want)
How to Hide in Plain Sight Analysis (Discussion)
Average Creature Statistics
Alignment Handbook Super-Thread (Thread)
Try Fighting Without Pants! A Guide to Dirty Tricks
Weirdo's Guide to Gestalt [Discussion]
Kineticist Damage Calculator [Discussion][/quote]

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
For your Oracle, drop a point into Sorcerer (or Bloodrager if you use mod). Then go Mystic Theurge.

You can do the same for a traditional WIS divine caster by picking Empryeal Sorcerer, which runs on WIS.

Edit: Might be bad advice, take with grain of salt lol

Sjukob

Arcane
Here's some theorycrafting for those who like blaster casters...
I've made an interesting discovery, this bonus damage per dice rolled applies to the sneak attack dices too. For example, you have +3 damage per dice rolled and cast fireball for 10d6 spell damage + 6d6 sneak attack damage, your +3 damage bonus will give you 30 + 18 increase. When I was writing my initial post I completely forgot about Sharel's masterpiece - ambrosial attire of arcane annihilation, with all the right items and feats you can sit at +5 damage per dice rolled. So if you want to build a blaster caster there's literally no reason to go wizard, sorcerer reigns supreme once again.

Sjukob

Arcane
Also, the latest CoTW update added Iroran Paladin archetype, which is like the ultimate dip for any tank. At level 1 you get bonus to AC from charisma, except it works with light armor too, and at level 2 you get paladin's divine grace. You know, lawful good is already the best allignment mechanically in vanilla game, but with CotW there's just no competition.

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Let me get something straight about the Dirge Bard from CotW... every few levels he adds a Necromancy spell to his spell list, and this is *in addition* to the spells the Bard normally learns at level up? If that's really how it works, then jeez, that's kinda busted. Unkitted Bard can't compete with that.

Yosharian

Arcane
Here's some theorycrafting for those who like blaster casters...
I've made an interesting discovery, this bonus damage per dice rolled applies to the sneak attack dices too. For example, you have +3 damage per dice rolled and cast fireball for 10d6 spell damage + 6d6 sneak attack damage, your +3 damage bonus will give you 30 + 18 increase. When I was writing my initial post I completely forgot about Sharel's masterpiece - ambrosial attire of arcane annihilation, with all the right items and feats you can sit at +5 damage per dice rolled. So if you want to build a blaster caster there's literally no reason to go wizard, sorcerer reigns supreme once again.
Wait what. You're saying +damage to damage dice on spells applies to the bonus Sneak Attack dice from Arcane Trickster?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom