Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

LizardWizard

Cipher
3K isn't actually bad. I hope they revamp diplomacy in W3 to make it on par with 3K.

So vassal spam or gift exploit derp? Not sure if serious

Factions like Orcs/Chaos doing traditional diplo makes no actual sense. High Elves and Empire already have their own unique mechanics.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I guess you are right guys, so the next question is:
Did they decide to implement Cathay so they can re-use the assets from Three-Kingdoms:lol:?
They decided to do it because its an interesting concept that is likely to increase the appeal of the game in the Chinese market.
I think it is a little bit of both. Iirc there has also been some sayings that a plurality of the playerbase that vastly prefers human factions, to the point of being almost entirely uninterested in anything else, so that might be another reason they are putting two human factions into this one.

tabacila

Augur
Yes, human factions, not disgusting bat eaters.
Anyway I'm pretty sure my first campaign will be Nurgle and will focus exclusively on razing Cathay. Time to pay for the coof ya bastards.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I liek how at first author drawn those pictures a a mockery but then came Warhammer Total War and allowed you to do exactly that.
1590612473155828723.png
Warhammer-Fantasy-FB-%D0%9F%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-a20t43c-5291774.png

Aemar

Arcane
Did they decide to implement Cathay so they can re-use the assets from Three-Kingdoms:lol:?
They decided to do it because its an interesting concept that is likely to increase the appeal of the game in the Chinese market.
The Chaos Dwarves and Ogre Kingdoms are more popular than a Chink faction so for the sake of the money they could make later they went with Cathay as an initial faction. I seriously doubt a race DLC for Cathay would have sold enough to be considered a success from a financial standpoint.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The Chaos Dwarves and Ogre Kingdoms are more popular than a Chink faction so for the sake of the money they could make later they went with Cathay as an initial faction. I seriously doubt a race DLC for Cathay would have sold enough to be considered a success from a financial standpoint.

Not in China.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Corporations love to suck shrivelled chink cock. This is the future now, more and more companies pandering to Chinese subhumans and their shit tastes.

The only way they can unfuck this is if they include Nippon as a DLC and let me cleanse fantasy China.

Not in China.
And anyone with an actual souls gives a shit what chinks like why exactly?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
They should block WH3 in China on the "too strong DRM" ground. That would be quite funny. CA wanted China market, China send them packing.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Corporations love to suck shrivelled chink cock. This is the future now, more and more companies pandering to Chinese subhumans and their shit tastes.

The only way they can unfuck this is if they include Nippon as a DLC and let me cleanse fantasy China.

Not in China.
And anyone with an actual souls gives a shit what chinks like why exactly?

cry.jpeg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is TW even legal in china what with all the skellingtons, dead raising and what not?

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Is TW even legal in china what with all the skellingtons, dead raising and what not?
CA should do the reasonable thing and censor the game internationally to not offend gentle chink sensibilities.

LizardWizard

Cipher
I think it is a little bit of both. Iirc there has also been some sayings that a plurality of the playerbase that vastly prefers human factions, to the point of being almost entirely uninterested in anything else, so that might be another reason they are putting two human factions into this one.

I'd rather CA expand on the Old world than go full Age of Sigmarines

Considering WH was always suppose to be a trilogy, they will milk the third game with DLC for at least a decade.

Hopefully this means Medieval III is on deck. Long time coming

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Between RotK and Nobunagas Ambition there definitely seems to be some untapped marketing opportunities in the asian market for grand strategy/4X style games , and having an asian-influenced faction certainly helps in appealing to their consumer base. This may not necessarily be a decision made by CA, but instead GW is pushing for this as part of their ongoing partnership on the Total Warhammer franchise. GW never manged to set foot into the asian markets as well as they would've liked, and introducing the setting and franchise to the asian market through a videogame might be another attempt of theirs to tap into that side of the consumer base.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Still waiting on Lustrian Amazons expac, you can't tell me it's farfetched now that Cathay is in.
:rpgcodex:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
So no Ogres on release... FUCK.

Oh but instead you get Cathay, that no one gives two fucks about? This announcement was like getting a blowjob and kicked in the nuts at the same time.

Why cant they roll Cathay into Nurgle faction, considering how good China is at spreading pestilence and disease? Pretty thematic huh?

wahrk

Learned
Oh but instead you get Cathay, that no one gives two fucks about?

There’s a lot of people that wanted Cathay. I’ve always dismissed it as being completely unlikely, but CA surprised me after all.

We already know we’re getting everything else at some point, so I don’t mind getting new factions from GW. I’m just happy to see Kislev.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Hoping chaos dwarf is pre order race pack. Don’t see the appeal of disgusting ogres.

Parabalus

Arcane

They released some stats a while ago and High Elves and Empire were the most popular.

Hoping chaos dwarf is pre order race pack. Don’t see the appeal of disgusting ogres.

That might just be why it's ogres, so they leave the better selling dworfs as DLC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom