Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant vampire MILFs

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
RE1 was definitely survival horror. Each entry thereafter veered more into action/explosions. For better and/or worse.
I mean, isn't RE1 the game that coined that genre title? Of course it's a perfect example, and the measure by which other games are judged. Any variation from that design is definitionally "less survival horror".

Wasn't Alone in the Dark the game that started it all? I'm pretty sure Shinji Mikami admitted it was a big influence when creating RE.
Not to imply I don't agree RE is as quintessentially survival horror as it gets, but still.

Yep Mikami admitted AITD was an influence quite recently. Capcom had some odd policy of denying it during his tenure.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
There are gameplay videos. :M

Were those squeezed in between the tits? I guess I'll check them out then.
Yeah

- combat looks identical to in RE7, except you can counter-attack after successful block
- grid inventory just like in RE4
- merchant who sells stuff and upgrades your weapons
- on 3:07 you can spot Ed123
- components like gunpowder and green herbs no longer take your inventory space:decline:

That one's four minutes but there are longer ones elsewhere. One guy here flipped out because they made a self-aware joke about exploding red barrels.

Chick in the thumbnail is hotter than the fatty all you coomers are tipping your fedoras to.

besides all the shit glued to her tiddie/chest area and the lack of sanity, yes she have a pretty face.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
EtJSPhnW4AAi5vO

On an actual game-related note, this confirms that the main character in this one is also Ethan. Some people were wondering if it was him or a new protagonist.

Resident Evil Re:Verse had it's beta recently and the gameplay looks like a weird little mix of Resident Evil 6 and the new third person RE games...so it doesn't look as good as RE6. Everyone has two special moves which are on a cooldown like that RE multiplayer that came with RE3R. They've added a roll into the game which has its own meter, looks like everyone can roll up to three times in a row. Everyone also has a passive skill.

Re:Verse, at least the mode they showed off in the beta seems to be a straight VS mode (I don't think there were any NPC zombies from what I saw) with RE6 Agent Hunt on top of it. You play as your human character, you die, you become a monster, you die again, you're back to being human. There's three levels of monsters, you collect virus containers, you have one you get Hunter gamma or Jack Baker, you have two you're Super Tyrant or Nemesis, you have none you become a fat Molded.

You get bonus points based on combos like in The Mercenaries. You lose the combo any time you die. You get less points as a monster.

You can also turn the comic filter from the trailer off. I don't think any of the footage I saw on YouTube was using it. The filter does make the game brighter.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
RE1 was definitely survival horror. Each entry thereafter veered more into action/explosions. For better and/or worse.
I mean, isn't RE1 the game that coined that genre title? Of course it's a perfect example, and the measure by which other games are judged. Any variation from that design is definitionally "less survival horror".

Wasn't Alone in the Dark the game that started it all? I'm pretty sure Shinji Mikami admitted it was a big influence when creating RE.
Not to imply I don't agree RE is as quintessentially survival horror as it gets, but still.
Obviously Alone in the Dark was first (1992) and must have influenced RE heavily regardless if Capcom admits it or not (fixed camera angles, "tank" controls, horror, you are trapped in a spooky mansion).

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
They should cancel RE:Verse and develop a new Outbreak game
Damn, I would fucking love that. I fucking loved both games. I'm torn on if it should be the new OTS camera or keep it the same as the old. Damn, I still think those games, with no online help, are probably the hardest RE game ever made; although, RE: Zero is also ridiculously difficult.

I've heard that Code Veronica is the hardest, but I kind of breezed through it.

JDR13

Arcane

Obviously Alone in the Dark was first (1992) and must have influenced RE heavily regardless if Capcom admits it or not (fixed camera angles, "tank" controls, horror, you are trapped in a spooky mansion).

Alone in the Dark probably had some influence along with other games and media, but it's well known that Resident Evil was primarily born from Sweet Home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Home_(video_game)

Drakortha

Liturgist
PREDICTABLE!

It was stale since day one yet you fucking queers ate that shit up. Now it's stale? Predictable of you fake fans; it's only ever about whatever is trending with zero substance. It's just one shit-show to the next, shilling and sucking dick! See you on the next Trendy hype train, FAGGOTS!

JDR13

Arcane
PREDICTABLE!

It was stale since day one yet you fucking queers ate that shit up. Now it's stale? Predictable of you fake fans; it's only ever about whatever is trending with zero substance. It's just one shit-show to the next, shilling and sucking dick! See you on the next Trendy hype train, FAGGOTS!

Can you show us on the doll where she touched you?

Drakortha

Liturgist
PREDICTABLE!

Can you show us on the doll where she touched you?

TRASH game by developer CRAPCOM that continues to disgrace RE's legacy but you show time and time again that you don't care, you only care about the memes until they get stale. Do you even play games, or RE for that matter? I feel sorry for you if you actually enjoy these shit RE games, truly. It's sad.

The memes might be stale now but at least you have the game to look forward to and the LEON memes this summer!

V2Ax2BF.png

2ALz5B3.jpg

:bounce:

Last edited:

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This thread really has gone out of hand.

I recommend Exterminatus.

Not even 2 weeks ago you were all fapping to reddit reposts. What's the matter codex? This SHIT website is like the late Facepunch forum, this whole board needs Exterminatus.
i don't need reddit to fap to my hentai, i go straight to the sauce. :desu:

Ash

Arcane
Soy boy degenerate cucks ruining vidja. At least it's better than when it's feminazis or game journos ruining vidja I guess.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Guise, you know when there's no recent news about an upcoming game you can just stop talking about it. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom