Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Gargaune

Magister
According to this, CP77 has had 2 million copies refunded: https://youtu.be/hNYIe7Aj2zw
I saw that last night but the premise is flawed, you can't extrapolate from YouTuber fan communities to the general gaming public. Much as we might look down on them as plebs, anyone who follows a gaming YouTuber and actually bothers to vote on their polls (on Twitter, to boot), is still far, far more engaged with core gaming than the average consumer, and therefore more likely to take an active approach to their videogames spending and demand a refund. There's other issues, like how he can't know how many of his own respondents had already refunded the game by the point the 13 million figure was published, but that's academic at this point, the sample's not representative.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So he is basing his clickbait news on a youtube poll?
Yeah, I know why I try stay away from those youtube mudcrabs...

But on that topic, are there reliable numbers about refunds out there?
Especially such that split up between platforms. The console versions had enough problems to warrant refunds, but I for one am curious how many PC customers, their core audience, decided to jump ship early.

Gargaune

Magister
But on that topic, are there reliable numbers about refunds out there?
Especially such that split up between platforms. The console versions had enough problems to warrant refunds, but I for one am curious how many PC customers, their core audience, decided to jump ship early.
None that I'm aware of. Hard enough to get solid, detailed sales figures from companies, let alone "customers thought our product sucked so bad they actually bothered to ask for their money back" numbers.

I don't need any of the forewarning, but even 1 million refunds is significant.
Purely on gut feeling, I'd suspect they're in the hundreds of thousands. Which would still be exceptionally high, mind you, but I'd be surprised if they broke the million mark.

Myobi

Liturgist
"The PC version is perfect, we are only having problems with consoles."

"Sounds fucking legit."
Adolf Hitler, 1896 Vietnam
Well, he actually said the PC version isnt perfect but he is very proud of it, I wouldnt use the proud word in there and "isnt perfect" is the understatement of the decade.:lol:

Yeah, he actually said the opposite of what you quoted, I know. As for them being proud of it despite it being far from perfect... I mean, c'mon dude, even ya mommy and pappy are probably proud of something like you, and that's perfectly okay.

DeepOcean

Arcane

"Sounds fucking legit."
Well, he actually said the PC version isnt perfect but he is very proud of it, I wouldnt use the proud word in there and "isnt perfect" is the understatement of the decade.:lol:

Yeah, he actually said the opposite of what you quoted, I know. As for them being proud of it despite it being far from perfect... I mean, c'mon dude, even ya mommy and pappy are probably proud of something like you, and that's perfectly okay.
Man, a cuck for CDProjeckt saying other people arent perfect is irony incarnate.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How can the failure to display that lead to violent crashes up to bluescreens

In general, unless applications install their own driver or kernel modules, they cannot bluescreen a computer - this has been one of the most basic features of CPUs with memory management going back to the 80s (though in mainstream consumer PCs OSes really got it with Windows XP). Bluescreens happen due to either OS or -more often- driver bugs. Those bugs can be triggered by applications, however the fault for the crash lies with the driver, not the application. This is also why Microsoft after XP tried to move a lot of the work graphics drivers do in user space (where applications run and cannot crash the OS) and away from kernel space (where drivers run and can crash the OS). Windows XP had this separation too but it also had a lot of stuff done in kernel space and thus bugs in the drivers could crash the OS (in Vista a crash in the driver often just causes the driver to be restarted, thus avoiding bringing down the whole OS).

So in modern Windows whenever you see a bluescreen, it is certainly a driver or an OS bug with the former being *way* more likely, or in some cases, a hardware failure.

Myobi

Liturgist

"Sounds fucking legit."

Well, he actually said the PC version isnt perfect but he is very proud of it, I wouldnt use the proud word in there and "isnt perfect" is the understatement of the decade.
clip_image001.gif

Man, a cuck for CDProjeckt saying other people arent perfect is irony incarnate.

Roflmao :popcorn:

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was going to purchase this as soon as they patched it proper, and just mod it until it worked, but with these kinds of security vulnerabilities I think I'm going to give this a couple of more years.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Very good video, really nails it by putting Cyberpunk next to Witcher 3 itself and not doing a 100500th comparison with GTA5.

Indeed, or doing some bug collage, as these will be eventually fixed but the quests, C&C, etc wont change.

Also, hell, i remember Dragon Age: Origins having better animation :-P. Perhaps i should try and play it once more at some point, it has been several years since i played it (and only made a single full playthrough).

I was going to purchase this as soon as they patched it proper, and just mod it until it worked, but with these kinds of security vulnerabilities I think I'm going to give this a couple of more years.

The security vulnerabilities are overblown, it is only an issue if you download a savegame from some random place and honestly you can find much worse stuff security-wise in games - like pretty much every mod or usermade patch that replaces DLLs (those can actually execute arbitrary code without trying to find some vulnerability). If you've ever downloaded an executable without reading its source code and knowing what it does, you've already took a bigger risk than the CP2077 issue.

People are wanking all over this because of "Cyberpunk bad lol", not because it is a legitimate issue.

Last edited:

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
According to this, CP77 has had 2 million copies refunded: https://youtu.be/hNYIe7Aj2zw
I saw that last night but the premise is flawed, you can't extrapolate from YouTuber fan communities to the general gaming public. Much as we might look down on them as plebs, anyone who follows a gaming YouTuber and actually bothers to vote on their polls (on Twitter, to boot), is still far, far more engaged with core gaming than the average consumer, and therefore more likely to take an active approach to their videogames spending and demand a refund. There's other issues, like how he can't know how many of his own respondents had already refunded the game by the point the 13 million figure was published, but that's academic at this point, the sample's not representative.

Yes. This poll isn't worth jack shit. It's completely unscientific.

compvet24

Educated

The funniest part about the whole security vulnerability issue in mods is that it can be fixed by another mod, the Cyber Engine Tweaks one which fixes a huge heap of things with the game. Not only did CD Projekt Red not forsee the potential elite hax00ring of customers computers after releasing official modding tools (lol), but some rando mod team fixed before them. Why don't they hire these modding teams instead of whatever backwater retards they had do the game.

Yosharian

Arcane
Also, modders discovered that most clothing mods and some cyberware dont apply their effect and every single ultimate perk in the game break on reload, yes, this after the latest patch, they still didnt fix it. Yeah boys, so much for that "The PC version is perfect, we are only having problems with consoles." that Marcin was bullshiting about.
...wow.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Also, modders discovered that most clothing mods and some cyberware dont apply their effect and every single ultimate perk in the game break on reload, yes, this after the latest patch, they still didnt fix it. Yeah boys, so much for that "The PC version is perfect, we are only having problems with consoles." that Marcin was bullshiting about.
...wow.
reaching ultimate perk requires some serious grinding in this game so i understand its low priority :happytrollboy:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
After finding out a sneaky way to level crafting in 5 mins, I did it FOR SCIENCE to see what clothing blueprints get unlocked as "reward".
Saying that I was mildy disappointed is an understatement.
I expected something speshul, or at least a color you do not get in shops, but... nope.
Just standard stuff you can buy anyways. In colors only a color blind person would wear.
And it's not even randomized, my game froze so I had to do it again I did it a second time FOR SCIENCE.

Imagine the joy on a consoletard's face after he spent hours leveling it. :hahano:

Sad.
care to check one thing for me? On my tech run I never gotten to unlock legendary recipes. I was surprised to find out that some iconic weapons do not get legendary upgrade. Can you check if its unlocked this way?
I recall that few guns received such treatment, only one I can remember is lizzy gun.

Myobi

Liturgist
...wow.
reaching ultimate perk requires some serious grinding in this game so i understand its low priority :happytrollboy:

Crafting - 10% extra value on crafted gear, 1% increase per point.

Much woah, such wurf… most of the skill tree's need to be fucking reworked, shit either stacks in a ridiculously strong way or it’s utter fucking pointless.

I said it twice already, but I’ll say it again, this game needed at least an extra year of development, this feels like a damn Early Access, where a lot of the systems in place just feel incomplete, but then again, don’t take it from me, I’m just a “cuck for CDProjeckt” because apparently that’s what you are for poking fun at illiterate fucks that just go around slapping quotation marks on every random dumb shit they write :D

Long story short, if you didn't purchase it yet, don't, if you can refund it, do it, despite personally managing to enjoy the game as it is, I do recommend everyone who plans on playing it, to wait an extra year of patches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom