Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 3 - final chapter of the nu-Hitman trilogy - now available on Steam

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.thegamer.com/hitman-4/

More Hitman Is Coming - IO Interactive Is "already looking to the future"
IO Interactive isn't done with Agent 47.

Hitman 3 might have been the end of a trilogy, but there will be more opportunities to drown NPCs in a toilet at some point in the future.

Hitman 3 just launched, but IO Interactive is still working on Agent 47's next adventure. We spoke to executive producer Forest Swartout Large earlier today and asked if Hitman 3's ending left the door open for the studio to return to the slaphead stalker.

"We’re continuously working on Hitman so we are already looking to the future," Large said.

IO Interactive has multiple teams, one of which is working on a new James Bond game. The studio is doubling its staff to be a multi-project developer. IO already has hopes for turning its Bond series into a trilogy, which will feature an all-new Bond straight from the minds at the developer.

There's also still work to do on Hitman 3 with post-launch patches and the other housekeeping bits. And while IO is still trying to find the shape of it, Hitman 3 will also be getting DLC - just don't expect new levels like the New York bank or the private island.

"We are definitely going to be doing some DLC, but we haven’t defined what that is," Large explained. "I think for now we are not looking at new maps like the bank and the island.

"We’re more looking at using existing locations and reimagining them, twisting them. And this time around, we can use the whole trilogy. We can look back at Hitman 2016 maps, Hitman 2 maps - we have all the locations."

In other words, expect more Escalation contracts and perhaps limited-time hits across your favourite locations from the entire Hitman trilogy, all accessible from within Hitman 3.

Hitman 3 has been a huge success for IO. The sequel was already bringing in profit just a few days after launch - the biggest digital launch in series history. Speedrunners are already getting stuck in, finding ways to beat Hitman 3 levels in under 20 seconds and essentially just making us all look like we're bad at hitting the man.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
"We’re more looking at using existing locations and reimagining them, twisting them. And this time around, we can use the whole trilogy. We can look back at Hitman 2016 maps, Hitman 2 maps - we have all the locations."

No new maps is unfortunate, but returning to the Season 1-style Mission remixes is good after they got dropped in Season 2. More good one-off stuff like the Sapienza and Marrakesh remixes, hopefully.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Hitman: Codename 47 > buy one DVD or digital version
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin > buy one DVD or digital version
Hitman: Blood Money > buy one DVD or digital version
Hitman Reboot Trilogy > go to Steam page, see 30 things to select from for EACH of the 3 games. Maps, DLCs, whatever. Spend 30 min trying to figure out which of these you should get if you just want to play the game. Then, realize that each game can be played in next game's engine. Spend another 30 minutes trying to figure out which DLC you need for this. Spend a subsequent 30 min trying to put it all together into one thing you can actually buy. Draw up a Venn Diagram to keep track of everything better, with a linked spreadsheet. By the end of this period, all enthusiasm and interest in the game is gone, and you go look for something else. Gamin' in 2020s.

Hitman Game of the Year Edition has everything from that game. Hitman 2 Gold Edition has everything from that game. Hitman 3 on Epic can have everything from the entire trilogy if you get the Hitman GotY and Hitman 2 Gold "access pass," which I think are still free and on sale respectively. I get that it's a little weird, but once you know those are the "everything" editions it's not that bad. There's not a bunch of microtransactions or any of that bullshit at all.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Played Hitman 1 2016 and it was quite a nice game, i havent played 2, and I just bought both 2 and 3 now.

I'm going in hard.

Salute to my danish dev bro's :salute:

I got Hitman 1 GOTY Expansion for free, for buying hitman 3 on epic store,
And hitman 2 was 80 % off. so eh, its fine

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You have an exclusive contract to play, hurry up before it's been reported by sensible souls:

WRd612I.jpg

6UCcZJ8.jpg

Duralux for Durabux

How many DLCS/ Season Pass this game will get? Place your bet, mine's 15 DLCs and 3 season pass, what is yours?

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

No new maps is unfortunate, but returning to the Season 1-style Mission remixes is good after they got dropped in Season 2. More good one-off stuff like the Sapienza and Marrakesh remixes, hopefully.

This would be great. Considering the work involved in building a new map from nothing, they should be able to crank out remixed maps. And yeah hopefully quality like Sapienza and Marrakesh, they were really good. I was quite surprised they never did this for H2.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You fuckers with no taste not keeping this thread on page one are a disappointment.

Anyway, played the fuck out of this, have mastery in all levels and most of the challenges on top of that too. My overall verdict is much the same as on day one: more of the same, but the same is very good. Bit of a darker feel this time, and some okay additions, but it's 90% "more Hitman" which is a thrill for me but who knows how the mainstream reacts to three of the same games in a row. Ask Ubisoft I guess. My favorite map is probably Berlin, though I also love Chingqing. The latter is more stealth focused than usual for Hitman, and as someone who is mainly a stealth player that strokes my fur. Hard to ignore how great Berlin's map design is though.

For funsies I'm replaying Hitman: Contracts on breaks from Hitman 3, and that game's atmosphere really holds up. Insane how well such old graphics still work at high resolutions. Gameplay is clunky as fuck, Blood Money was surely the happy medium, but I can muddle through with vague memories of what the fuck to do. Not going for Silent Assassin though, fuck off.

DemonKing

Arcane
Gotta admire this guy’s dedication - he spent 10 hours knocking out everyone on the Mendoza level and loading them all into the grape press. That’s gonna be one hell of a full bodied vintage:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
People act like the new Hitman is decline because of the (optional) mission guides, but I'm replaying Contracts and the game literally has random neon signs pop up in the top right corner telling you "JOE BLOW IS READY TO BE POISONED," and then shows a little cutscene of the guy getting a drink from the butler. Also the (rare) idle chatter has guards say things like "butler has a lot of cyanide in his room" just like the modern games. Also also because there are so few items sitting around, it is glaringly obvious which ones matter, as in there being one item in the entire barn you can pick up (weed killer) and one giant machine you can interact with (horse water). These things are also marked on the map with exclamation points. In short, I think seeing some major difference is mostly nostalgia goggles, especially if you turn off the horrible step-by-step guides in the current ones.

Terenty

Liturgist
How many parts are there in the Hitman franchise at this point? And nothing has changed since the very first one

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
How many parts are there in the Hitman franchise at this point? And nothing has changed since the very first one

Absolution was very different, like Hitman and Splinter Cell had a baby, but yes the others are just iterative advances on the formula. I feel like that's pretty normal for sequels though? When you change too much (like Absolution) people lose their shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom