Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
And also as someone said earlier what the hell are they gonna do with all the ghosts and skellies in the game? Isnt this stuff a complete no deal for China if its included?
Skeletons can just get some zombie treatment, to the point where they are just grey-skinned humans. Works for WoW, why wouldnt it work for CA. Ghosts are fine as far as I know, its just dead bodies and related depictions of them that are a no-go. Supernatural beings like Ghosts are fine as far as I'm aware, but I'm not super knowledgeable on the exact limitations and restrictions. Most of my knowledge comes from WoW, where the undead no longer show bones, skeletons and corpses of players are turned into gravestones, and blood is green instead of red.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
And also as someone said earlier what the hell are they gonna do with all the ghosts and skellies in the game? Isnt this stuff a complete no deal for China if its included?
Skeletons can just get some zombie treatment, to the point where they are just grey-skinned humans. Works for WoW, why wouldnt it work for CA. Ghosts are fine as far as I know, its just dead bodies and related depictions of them that are a no-go. Supernatural beings like Ghosts are fine as far as I'm aware, but I'm not super knowledgeable on the exact limitations and restrictions. Most of my knowledge comes from WoW, where the undead no longer show bones, skeletons and corpses of players are turned into gravestones, and blood is green instead of red.
Is it like a rating system similar to PEGI or they tabooed it completely?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
And they already have kislev as the human relatable faction to be this game's Empire or High Elves, so that's another reason Cathay's inclusion is so suspicious.
Chinese are not human relatable.
CA desperately manouvering themselves onto Winnie the Poohs cock. Actually I am most surprised this wasn't an Epic exclooosive. That would have created a hilarious meltdown online. I wonder how many bags full of money Swiney tried to bribe them with, obviously not enough.
They obviously used the intern-made Troy to probe the ground and came to the conclusion that it's too early to do that. But they're obviously open to the idea, so prepare to get disappointed some time in the future.

Mazisky

Magister

Seems like those are all myths.

There are a lot of chinese players in various forums and reddits who saying they played WH 1 and 2 regularly and they are not censored in any way, with full skellies or whatever.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Seems like those are all myths.
As I said, it's mostly based on the changes Blizzard had to make to their game. As far as I know, those were specifically requested, so its very likely that a game that flies under the radar due to not being a very commonly played game in Internet Cafes and the like to not have any restrictions whatsoever.
Is it like a rating system similar to PEGI or they tabooed it completely?
It's part of the licencing process you have to under-go to be able to publish a game in china. They temporarily halted the entire process in 2019 and came up with new regulations. Depictions of dead bodies or pools of blood are outright not allowed. I'm guessing that walking skeletons or zombies are fine~ish as long as its not too graphic? Hard to say with the chinese, really.

tabacila

Augur
My understanding is that the Chinese don't really always enforce their laws. Unless it's something serious or some higher up in the party complains they just can't be bothered. I presume it's the same with these censors.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

They gonna reskin them all as Uyghurs?

Or they just keep VC and TKs out of the main campaign for WH3 (possibly only for the China release). You would require WH1-2 to get access to mortal empires and if those are banned in China then WH3 will be in the clear.

Humans and mythological beasts VS Daemons should be fine.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My understanding is that the Chinese don't really always enforce their laws. Unless it's something serious or some higher up in the party complains they just can't be bothered. I presume it's the same with these censors.
Yeah, the myths of Chinese censorship of undead are wildly exaggerated - which in turn leads to companies self-censoring without need just-in-case.
There are lots of games with skeletons, zombies, etc. in China.
It's really not the big deal some people make it out to be.

Nudity would probably be a MUCH bigger problem.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I have been reading/listening to the speculation regarding Yuri and that his campaign will entail becoming the champion of Belakor/greater demon, or resisting it. It would give context to "conquer your demons or command them."

Sounds like it could be Malus, but better.

tabacila

Augur
RIP slaanesh.

(Shem never had a chance anyway)
There was no chance in hell for Slaaneshi boobs anyway with or without China. If nothing else it would have torpedoed CA's crap arguments about selling their Blood and Gore packs separately.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I have been reading/listening to the speculation regarding Yuri and that his campaign will entail becoming the champion of Belakor/greater demon, or resisting it. It would give context to "conquer your demons or command them."

Sounds like it could be Malus, but better.
Could also be a Sword of khaine like mechanic, open to several races.

tabacila

Augur
There's a new article on ign.com about WH3 (https://www.ign.com/articles/total-war-warhammer-3-release-date-2021). The only new piece of info seems to be that players will have to save or exploit the power of a dying god.
I'm guessing that's Ursun, and the reason Tzar Boris went crusading towards the Chaos Realm? Would make for an ok campaign plot for WH3's Vortex style campaign. Kislev wants to save the bear god, the chaos gods want to eat/trick/rape/fight him respectively and (maybe?) Belakor wants his power. Don't see how it would involve Cathay though, unless CA makes Ursun part of Cathay's pantheon or something. Or maybe they are looking for new suckers for their belt and road initiative?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I assure you, CA will cram in female units wherever they can. Cathay will probably be especially bad, it being completely new.

kreight

It was me who created that thread. And guess what I got a warning from steam moderation "please do not bait community". I told them to FUCK OFF. Steam is such a leftist US trash can.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It was me who created that thread. And guess what I got a warning from steam moderation "please do not bait community". I told them to FUCK OFF. Steam is such a leftist US trash can.

Its a sad state of the internet when a person cant bait others anymore. Some of my favorite internet memories was baiting Bioware forum, I even managed to bait Jennifer Hepler and few other Bioware employees, fun times.

kreight

Its a sad state of the internet when a person cant bait others anymore. Some of my favorite internet memories was baiting Bioware forum, I even managed to bait Jennifer Hepler and few other Bioware employees, fun times.
I wasn't really baiting. It was more like a satire. Threads like that pop up on steam all the time.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

I wasn't really baiting. It was more like a satire. Threads like that pop up on steam all the time.

Why are you pissing in an ocean of piss?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom