Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
care to check one thing for me? On my tech run I never gotten to unlock legendary recipes. I was surprised to find out that some iconic weapons do not get legendary upgrade. Can you check if its unlocked this way?
I recall that few guns received such treatment, only one I can remember is lizzy gun.

Iconic weapons get 1 level of quality upgrading from crafting. So purples can become orange, blues can become purple, etc. They can't go further than that.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
care to check one thing for me? On my tech run I never gotten to unlock legendary recipes. I was surprised to find out that some iconic weapons do not get legendary upgrade. Can you check if its unlocked this way?
I recall that few guns received such treatment, only one I can remember is lizzy gun.

Iconic weapons get 1 level of quality upgrading from crafting. So purples can become orange, blues can become purple, etc. They can't go further than that.

Don't think that's true, at least not for all of them. Overwatch for example can be upgraded twice.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Don't think that's true, at least not for all of them. Overwatch for example can be upgraded twice.

Hm, that could be - I had it at legendary, did it start at rare? I don't remember anymore. I just know that I couldn't take the Lizzie pistol above epic (purple). Maybe there are additional schematics to find, some of them could be different, or maybe some of them are bugged.

The Overwatch thing makes sense though because I had gotten the idea when playing that all iconics could go to legendary and was a bit bummed when I found that wasn't true.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

Hm, that could be - I had it at legendary, did it start at rare? I don't remember anymore. I just know that I couldn't take the Lizzie pistol above epic (purple). Maybe there are additional schematics to find, some of them could be different, or maybe some of them are bugged.

The Overwatch thing makes sense though because I had gotten the idea when playing that all iconics could go to legendary and was a bit bummed when I found that wasn't true.
yeah, for me lizzie was favourite and was quite bummed when I couldnt upgrade it. Obviously I still finished game fine running mediocre version

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Yep, Overwatch is Rare in my game. So maybe not all, but Iconics can be upgraded more then once.

Edit: apparently Lizzie's Gun and Skippy are some of the few weapons that cannot be upgraded to Legendary. Possibly due to a bug.

Codex Year of the Donut
Crafting - 10% extra value on crafted gear, 1% increase per point.
modern boring RPG system design, nothing to see here

It isn't just boring, its pretty useless, especially by the time you unlock it if you don't use any exploits... But hang on, weren't you one of those defending Fallout 76 back in the day? :S
average chad Fallout 76 perk that actually adds a new gameplay element or changes your playstyle in some way:
FO76-Concentrated-Fire.png

Fo76-Wasteland-Whisperer.png

Quack-Surgeon-perk.png

Myobi

Liturgist
Crafting - 10% extra value on crafted gear, 1% increase per point.
modern boring RPG system design, nothing to see here

It isn't just boring, its pretty useless, especially by the time you unlock it if you don't use any exploits... But hang on, weren't you one of those defending Fallout 76 back in the day? :S
average chad Fallout 76 perk that actually adds a new gameplay element or changes your playstyle in some way:
FO76-Concentrated-Fire.png

Fo76-Wasteland-Whisperer.png

Quack-Surgeon-perk.png

It also has a fuck ton of "+X% to Y" perks.

"Hard Bargain - Buying and selling prices at vendors are better."

"Travel Agent - Pay 30% fewer caps when fast travelling. "

Stop cherry picking mah dude, Fallout 76 is just as bad if not worse

Bliblablubb

Arcane
After finding out a sneaky way to level crafting in 5 mins, I did it FOR SCIENCE to see what clothing blueprints get unlocked as "reward".
Saying that I was mildy disappointed is an understatement.
I expected something speshul, or at least a color you do not get in shops, but... nope.
Just standard stuff you can buy anyways. In colors only a color blind person would wear.
And it's not even randomized, my game froze so I had to do it again I did it a second time FOR SCIENCE.

Imagine the joy on a consoletard's face after he spent hours leveling it. :hahano:

Sad.
Leveling the crafting skill unlocked nothing of value for me. For weapons it only added the basic versions you can find in the wild. Interestingly, the carnage shotgun ONLY unlocked as legendary spec from it...
And iconic clothing was not unlocked AT ALL. Even if you already have it/find it/disassemble it. Nada. Guess you are stuck with what you pick up.

As for weapons, AFAIK the skill itself does not seem to unlock higher versions of iconic weapons. Some weapons just don't have legendary versions, which is a weird design deci--- who are we kidding, it's most likely a bug. :hahano:

TLDR: Don't bother leveling crafting, nothing of value gets added. Just pick the 3 perks and call it a day.

Latelistener

Arcane
Yeah, but why would they work for CDP? Judging from what I gathered over the years it's a shitty place to work at.

Gamedev generally is like that, but there are better places.

Better how? Maybe to someone who's passionate about shooters they'd be just as happy putting out the next doom, ut, battlefield or whatever.

The CDPR devs who could do better elsewhere but were putting up with the sacrifices required because they were passionate about the kind of games CDPR made are not gonna feel the same way about bringing to life Todd's next little Retardolandia, Ubisoft's next collectible neurectomy or Biobsidian's next racist freakshow. Inxile and the Disco Elysium guys are the only other ones not putting out abhorrent crap in their games but those are hardly comparable experiences to cdpr's games.

Closest fit would be warhorse.

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
Better how? Maybe to someone who's passionate about shooters they'd be just as happy putting out the next doom, ut, battlefield or whatever.

The CDPR devs who could do better elsewhere but were putting up with the sacrifices required because they were passionate about the kind of games CDPR made are not gonna feel the same way about bringing to life Todd's next little Retardolandia, Ubisoft's next collectible neurectomy or Biobsidian's next racist freakshow. Inxile and the Disco Elysium guys are the only other ones not putting out abhorrent crap in their games but those are hardly comparable experiences to cdpr's games.

Closest fit would be warhorse.
Passion,bwahahahah.

They have no choice.They aren't competent enough to be hired for senior jobs and are too expensive to be hired for junior jobs.
Those that left are just changing one crunch for another.
So they either crunch or clean toilets at potato McDonald's.

Lambach

Arcane
Yeah, but why would they work for CDP? Judging from what I gathered over the years it's a shitty place to work at.

I don't understand why anyone would work for any large, specially AAA, vidya company. Years and years of verified horror stories don't seem to deter them, so I can only guess they're idiots who "follow their passion" or they're not good enough to be hired anywhere else. For a software developer/engineer worth a damn, working at a vidya company is probably the worst choice you can make, both financially and in terms of job satisfaction (unless you get hired into a senior position straight away, not sure about that).

You're also surrounded by a metric boatload of people of who are at your level of knowledge or better, making you entirely expendable, unlike working software dev for a company that itself has nothing to do with software, where you're often treated like minor royalty.

flyingjohn

Arcane

I don't understand why anyone would work for any large, specially AAA, vidya company. Years and years of verified horror stories don't seem to deter them, so I can only guess they're idiots who "follow their passion" or they're not good enough to be hired anywhere else. For a software developer/engineer worth a damn, working at a vidya company is probably the worst choice you can make, both financially and in terms of job satisfaction (unless you get hired into a senior position straight away, not sure about that).

You're also surrounded by a metric boatload of people of who are at your level of knowledge or better, making you entirely expendable, unlike working software dev for a company that itself has nothing to do with software, where you're often treated like minor royalty.
Cause they got no choice.
It College grads that know jack shit can:
-Either try to get into proper it stuff like banks and big corps,which they have no chance unless they have good contacts and good knowledge
-Try to do web shit and get told they are overqualified(too expensive)
-Solo freelance work and realize how hard is it to manage your own business
Vidya is their only choice and they love the prospect of working on games.The biggest scouts that require almost zero knowledge on campuses are vidya scouts.
Everybody else is looking for talent.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Do some systems programming. Gamedev is the bottom of the barrel, worse than webdev.

System programming requires C and it's not exclusive with gamedev: you can design a game engine as a OS (in fact most engines do that).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom