Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Any computer role playing CRPG game that has relationships and sex should also has a libido meter and pregnancy as a status effect.

Bottom line, if you are going to put sex in your game, make it a stat based game mechanic.
Stop giving devs stupid ideas. I could easily see this being in a Fable game.

Cael

Arcane
Any computer role playing CRPG game that has relationships and sex should also has a libido meter and pregnancy as a status effect.

Bottom line, if you are going to put sex in your game, make it a stat based game mechanic.
Stop giving devs stupid ideas. I could easily see this being in a Fable game.
Fable? I expect it to be coming out in the next Dragon Age game.

Xelocix

Learned
Anybody who thinks gaming peaked during the 80s - early 90s is either a nostalgia fag boomer obsessed with shitty pixel games from their childhood, or a hipster millennial fag who mainly plays retro games for the aesthetic and to fuel their superiority complex. It's always one or the other.

Last edited:

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Anybody who thinks gaming peaked during the 80s - early 90s is either a nostalgia fag boomer obsessed with shitty pixel games from their childhood, or a hipster millennial fag who mainly plays retro games for the aesthetic and to fuel their superiority complex. It's always one or the other.

The fact that this 100% true statement could be considered "triggering" in the RPGCodex, speaks volumes...

To be fair, it is always OK to respect older games for their achievements in the history of the industry, it is when someone claims that they are simply better in absolute terms than modern games that they go into cuckooland.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I don't understand why there is so much hate towards Bethesda. To be honest Bethesda gave us one of the best RPG of the last years: Doom Eternal.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
If Disco Elysium is a RPG, and I'm not saying it isn't, then Severance: Blade of Darkness is also a RPG. Think about it.

Disco only has dialogue, but there is some RPG stuff in it (skills, levels, etc.) that just pertains to the dialogue. Severance is the same, just swapping the word dialogue for combat. You level up, you get equipment, there's even a couple of NPCs. The game is all combat all the time. But there's RPG stuff in it.

And if Severance is a RPG, then it definitely should be in the Codex 101 list. 'Cos it's a way better game than Oblivion, Undertale, Mass Effect, Dark Souls 3, etc.

Maybe this isn't even the right place to post this. I'm thinking this is a serious debate to be had.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
If Disco Elysium is a RPG, and I'm not saying it isn't, then Severance: Blade of Darkness is also a RPG. Think about it.

Disco only has dialogue, but there is some RPG stuff in it (skills, levels, etc.) that just pertains to the dialogue. Severance is the same, just swapping the word dialogue for combat. You level up, you get equipment, there's even a couple of NPCs. The game is all combat all the time. But there's RPG stuff in it.

And if Severance is a RPG, then it definitely should be in the Codex 101 list. 'Cos it's a way better game than Oblivion, Undertale, Mass Effect, Dark Souls 3, etc.

Maybe this isn't even the right place to post this. I'm thinking this is a serious debate to be had.
RPG Codex has determined that, in Current Year, any game is an RPG if it identifies as one. :M

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Rq8rIhp.png

Elzair

Cipher
Torment: Tides of Numenera is one of the best RPGs of the '10s and a worthy successor to Planescape: Torment.

I am not kidding. This is my honest opinion. I have played several of the "top" RPGs of the 2010s: Pillars of Eternity, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Tyranny, The Outer Worlds, Divinity: Original Sin, Divinity: Original Sin 2, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Elex, etc. TTON is one of the few that held my interest all the way through.

It could just be because I liked the weird setting/world, and the aesthetic it had. (This is probably also a reason behind my love for Elex). There is only so much generic fantasy one can take! Furthermore, TTON is in one way better than PST: it does not turn to shit halfway through. The Valley of Dead Heroes -> Miel Avest was kind of weak, but it was short, and it did not feature all of the inane trash combat of Curst Prison -> Outlands -> Baator -> Carceri.

Last edited:

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
If you're under the age of 45 you can never understand what a good CRPG is because you didn't experience the golden age of 80's CRPGs for yourself--The origin of all CRPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom