Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh 2

Wunderbar

Arcane
Looks like they have botched the KB&M controls :negative:

Reinhardt

Arcane
At last. Now i just need to decide on fisting character - cute animu girl or try to create Kiryu-chan.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I spent far too long trying to create a decent shade of blonde hair and then gave up and went for a preset anyway. Then spent far too long trying out the various weapons in the intro area. Game runs smooth so far at 1440 60 fps at default high settings with motion blur turned off. That's on an aging 1080. Camera seems zoomed a bit further out than Nioh but might just be me misremembering.

Trying to get the hang of the Yokai stuff is going to keep me busy for a bit, it doesn't seem an instant win like LW was in the first.

Suicidal

Arcane
Played a bit, some observations:

-The fix for windows 7 suggested on the steam forums (copying and renaming Xinput1_3.dll to the game folder and forcing border-less window in config file) works perfectly. Without it the game doesn't even launch, but after following those steps it works well, without any crashes or glitches.
-KBM controls are better than in Nioh 1. For one, you can bind side mouse buttons, something you could not do in Nioh 1 even after multiple updates to the PC port and you had to use 3rd party programs if you wanted that. With some proper keybinding setup you can definitely make kb+m work and be comfortable. The default KBM controls are dogshit (tab to block, etc.). I recommend a mouse with more than 3 buttons if you want to do KBM.
-I'm running an old PC with pretty mediocre GPU at this point (1060 3 GB) and the game runs fine on highest settings but there are occasional framerate issues. On a couple of occasions my keyboard stopped working for a few seconds while playing and I don't know if it's a problem with the keyboard or my shit PC overloading. I've read that this game is very GPU intensive and especially badly optimized for Nvidia, so there may be fixes in the future.

So even though the port not good, it's perfectly playable for me and it's better than Nioh 1's port, although that's not really a badge of honor, but it's something.

I hope you find this information useful. Meanwhile I'm gonna go full autism mode on this game.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Btw i was right -
Creating many different characters because you don't like how they look outside of creator with ingame lightning is peak rpg.
created cute girl, ingame she looks like fucking Xena Warrior Princess. And breaks faces like one. Time to go back to character creation. Died once to horse thing right from the start. Still exploring first mission.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Btw is everyone using bonus shit? At first i was like "i will get my equip fair!" but then "nigga, stop kidding yourself. you are too old and retarded for these games. just equip it"

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah, I usually avoid overpowered DLC shit as well but this time it didn't actually look that OP so I equipped it. Staying away from the blue summoning graves for now though, that's only going to be a last resort.

Died a few times to the prologue boss but then got the hang of the yokai counter thing and smashed him up good. Can't wait to get more into it, combat feels as good as the first. They've not deviated too much from the formula thank god.

Sentinel

Arcane

-The fix for windows 7 suggested on the steam forums (copying and renaming Xinput1_3.dll to the game folder and forcing border-less window in config file) works perfectly. Without it the game doesn't even launch, but after following those steps it works well, without any crashes or glitches.
-KBM controls are better than in Nioh 1. For one, you can bind side mouse buttons, something you could not do in Nioh 1 even after multiple updates to the PC port and you had to use 3rd party programs if you wanted that. With some proper keybinding setup you can definitely make kb+m work and be comfortable. The default KBM controls are dogshit (tab to block, etc.). I recommend a mouse with more than 3 buttons if you want to do KBM.
-I'm running an old PC with pretty mediocre GPU at this point (1060 3 GB) and the game runs fine on highest settings but there are occasional framerate issues. On a couple of occasions my keyboard stopped working for a few seconds while playing and I don't know if it's a problem with the keyboard or my shit PC overloading. I've read that this game is very GPU intensive and especially badly optimized for Nvidia, so there may be fixes in the future.

So even though the port not good, it's perfectly playable for me and it's better than Nioh 1's port, although that's not really a badge of honor, but it's something.

I hope you find this information useful. Meanwhile I'm gonna go full autism mode on this game.
Some tips: it's been reported that effects quality will kill performance mid fight for no noticeable visual gain, while shadows have the biggest overall impact on performance. Recommended to turn both down (with effect quality to low specifically).

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I spent far too long trying to create a decent shade of blonde hair and then gave up and went for a preset anyway. Then spent far too long trying out the various weapons in the intro area. Game runs smooth so far at 1440 60 fps at default high settings with motion blur turned off. That's on an aging 1080. Camera seems zoomed a bit further out than Nioh but might just be me misremembering.

Trying to get the hang of the Yokai stuff is going to keep me busy for a bit, it doesn't seem an instant win like LW was in the first.

https://nioh2.wiki.fextralife.com/Character+Creation+Codes

Suicidal

Arcane

Some tips: it's been reported that effects quality will kill performance mid fight for no noticeable visual gain, while shadows have the biggest overall impact on performance. Recommended to turn both down (with effect quality to low specifically).

I played a bit more and the FPS drops seemingly went away completely but the keyboard freezing still happens occasionally. And it happens at completely random times - one time during a fight, another time while I was browsing the menu. I tried googling about it but found nothing useful, so the issue is most likely with my hardware or how it interacts with the game. Funny thing that the mouse still works, so I can hold down the block button, which is on my mouse, and survive long enough for the keyboard to unfreeze.

Sentinel

Arcane

https://nioh2.wiki.fextralife.com/Character+Creation+Codes
PS4 codes don't work on PC

Reinhardt

Arcane
I was bitchslapped by gaki. Needed 200 amrita for level up so just decided to kill closest enemies. Didn't even know they can eat corpses and kill newb demon slayers in two hits.:negative:

Mojobeard

Augur
Capped it to 30 fps, frame pacing is absolute garbage. Some extra graphics options would be welcome too, as something is really heating up my toaster.

I remember nothing about the demo, and have been confused and getting my ass beat the whole day. I'm certain most of my issues stem from needing to git gud and needing to understand the new mechanics, and I think I'm finally getting there, or at least starting to understand the new basics.
Some things have really been unfair though, the ridiculous enemy placement (cramped houses full of demons etc) and reacting to grab attacks from quite literally every single enemy is getting tiring.
But at least my midget looks pretty and fists are fun.

ADL

Prophet
I need to get fucking good and remember to trigger my Ki. Haven't played anything remotely challenging in a long time and horseman is kicking my ass.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Horse is not that hard. He's slow. Died more on that thing before him, guarding the key.

Wunderbar

Arcane
steam reviews were "mixed" yesterday, and most of negative ones were saying that mouselook felt like you're moving emulated analog sticks, i.e. there's no raw mouse input. Is this true?

Ghost of tushima doesn't look that appealing to me. Just ass creed with nippon steel.
I thought this too before I played it, but then I had to eat crow. Tsushima is much, much better than ass creed, even if it has some similar elements superficially. It's a fine game.

Suicidal

Arcane
steam reviews were "mixed" yesterday, and most of negative ones were saying that mouselook felt like you're moving emulated analog sticks, i.e. there's no raw mouse input. Is this true?

Mouse movement feels very unnatural when menuing (for example, navigating the skill tree, selecting the color of your character's skin) however in game, when controlling your character, I haven't noticed anything like this. I will play more today and try to pay more attention how the mouse moves in game outside menus and report back.

So far my impression is that KBM controls are definitely better than Nioh 1. The only annoying thing that is left over is the overly sensitive target switching when moving the mouse (even this seems to have been improved because the target selection doesn't jump back and forth at the slightest mouse movement, although I wish there was an option to disable it completely).

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
How's the game compared to Nioh 1, does it have good level design? I finished the first game and enjoyed it, but the DLCs focused too much on "git gud" boss battles, while I've always enjoyed these games more as 3D dungeon crawlers...

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm playing with gamepad, but using mouse for headshots. Feels easier than in first game.

Jinn

Arcane
does it have good level design?

Level design has already been a great improvement over Nioh 1 so far in my 7 hours of play, and that's coming from someone who enjoyed the level design in Nioh 1 quite a bit already.

In fact, as has probably already been said before, Nioh 2 is an improvement on Nioh 1 in pretty much every way as far as I can tell. Extremely happy with it. Everyone who played the first and enjoyed it would be a fool not to play this. Glorious incline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom