Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Communist

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
I have very serious concerns about the plot of the new Vampires.
As I understand it, they were going to make an allegory of the present, but events are changing so quickly and the White Hats are turning into Black Hats. The conspiracy story does not keep up with a more fantastic reality, when either a double or a real senile Biden sits in the White House (if the White House itself is not filmed in the studio, lol). Do not forget about the under-chrome. Women remain women, conspiracy theorists remain conspiracy theorists (and the entire plot of the World of Darkness is conspiracy thesis), so the developers may have serious frustration on this topic and even hatred of the game about bloodsuckers.
The problems with the storyline were outlined a long time ago when Mitsoda was fired. It seems to me that he insisted on the final approved scenario (whatever it may be), but these people wanted to make the scenario that would reflect the agenda.
It seems to me that now the dialogues are being edited to fit them into a new plot, this is the main brake on development.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I imagined I'm that maniac from the Saw, and the members of HSL are my victims... hehe.
But let's not pretend I'm a fan of VtMB or even played it once - I just want those faggots to suffer.
Usually I'm very civilian...

Funposter

Arcane
As I understand it, they were going to make an allegory of the present, but events are changing so quickly and the White Hats are turning into Black Hats. The conspiracy story does not keep up with a more fantastic reality, when either a double or a real senile Biden sits in the White House (if the White House itself is not filmed in the studio, lol). Do not forget about the under-chrome. Women remain women, conspiracy theorists remain conspiracy theorists (and the entire plot of the World of Darkness is conspiracy thesis), so the developers may have serious frustration on this topic and even hatred of the game about bloodsuckers.
The problems with the storyline were outlined a long time ago when Mitsoda was fired. It seems to me that he insisted on the final approved scenario (whatever it may be), but these people wanted to make the scenario that would reflect the agenda.
It seems to me that now the dialogues are being edited to fit them into a new plot, this is the main brake on development.
vampire game about hollow earth theory

Congratulations on your retarded tag. Well earned. I hope you're a low effort troll.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Congratulations on your retarded tag. Well earned. I hope you're a low effort troll.
In only 29 post on top of it,this one have a bright future as a codexer.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Actually I don't know who was behind contacting me and I don't know why Florian left the project. I only had contact with him because we both were at the Gamescom in Cologne at the same time :)!

Was kidding, I didn't ever assume you had anything to do with him leaving or contacting him/him contacting you.

But now that you posted a blatant denial concerning the fate of Florian, am now suspicious that maybe you did have something to do with it.

Semiurge

Cipher
Wesp5 in Bloodlines at the start of warrens level 4 there's the long vertical duct with the large fan at the bottom through which you're supposed to fall. There's also another smaller vertical duct with a ladder that runs alongside it, but the access to it is blocked by an indestructible grille. Is there any way to open it in the basic version?

No, there isn't but I'm pretty sure Troika planned it at one time so I made it possible in the plus patch. After all why add an alternate way to the map if you can't ever use it?

A hardcore move would have been to block all exits to normal sewers from all the Warrens levels, since the ledgers explicitly state that those sections were bricked off. It doesn't make any sense then to have any of them be separated from the normal sewers by doors, like in Warrens 1, 2 and 3. It would be a major hazard for the Nosferatu. All Warrens haters would of course object to that change :D

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
A hardcore move would have been to block all exits to normal sewers from all the Warrens levels, since the ledgers explicitly state that those sections were bricked off. It doesn't make any sense then to have any of them be separated from the normal sewers by doors, like in Warrens 1, 2 and 3. It would be a major hazard for the Nosferatu. All Warrens haters would of course object to that change :D

Now that's a horror scenario for the ages.

Wesp5

Arcane
A hardcore move would have been to block all exits to normal sewers from all the Warrens levels, since the ledgers explicitly state that those sections were bricked off.

I actually restored evidence of this in the plus patch, but some Nosferatu who might not want to go through Gary's room to enter of leave the warrens broke through them. Found niced models to use that might even have been intended there!

Semiurge

Cipher

Now that's a horror scenario for the ages.

Is it, or didn't you prepare for your trek properly? C&C my friend.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Let them work in peace. CP2077 was all loud and turned out flaccid.

CP2077 only goes so far in explaining away Hardsuit's incompetence/silence, but they'll milk it if they can.

Both Hardsuit and Paradox lucked out with CP2077 because it bought them more stalling time from players while they spin their wheels uselessly - doubt the excuse for a delay'll help much.

Granted, CP2077 was a cautionary tale, but it doesn't feel like the right comparison to what's going on with Bloodlines 2... there's no sign they're rushing anything, only signs they are fighting to keep their head above water.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Despite everything, CP was in a playable state. There is no playable version of BL2 and judging by the fuckery going on there won't be for at least some time.

Fargus

Arcane
From the start i knew this will be a mockery of another one of my favorite games. But development of this... fine masterpiece was one of the most entertaining fuck ups i've ever seen. I give it 10 Mitsoda's fingerless gloves out of 10. You can't make that shit up.

All these tards who preordered screaming "muh classic returns i coom in my pants" when this piece of digital abortion was announced. An sjw travesty from a dev team with almost no portfolio other than some defunct PVP trash. From the devs so pathetically cucked that they thought lips icon was sexist :lol:
Inclusion is part of the accessibility process as well, we have been very conscious about creating iconography that is non-gender specific and considerate of cultural sensitivities. The icons are designed to not rely on gendered tropes (such as pouty lips for seduction or a man’s dress shirt to represent wardrobe), and we use straightforward ideas for icons that can be interpreted no matter the native language or culture.

Turns out Bloodlines was sexist for using man and woman lips icons while talking to them respectively.

Luckly all these people who pre ordered still have an option to refund it.

Vatnik Wumao
From the start i knew this will be a mockery of another one of my favorite games. But development of this... fine masterpiece was one of the most entertaining fuck ups i've ever seen. I give it 10 Mitsoda's fingerless gloves out of 10. You can't make that shit up.

All these tards who preordered screaming "muh classic returns i coom in my pants" when this piece of digital abortion was announced. An sjw travesty from a dev team with almost no portfolio other than some defunct PVP trash. From the devs so pathetically cucked that they thought lips icon was sexist :lol:
Inclusion is part of the accessibility process as well, we have been very conscious about creating iconography that is non-gender specific and considerate of cultural sensitivities. The icons are designed to not rely on gendered tropes (such as pouty lips for seduction or a man’s dress shirt to represent wardrobe), and we use straightforward ideas for icons that can be interpreted no matter the native language or culture.

Turns out Bloodlines was sexist for using man and woman lips icons while talking to them respectively.

There was this suspected PR guy posting in the thread about a year back and he did a very good job of getting people excited.

Semiurge

Cipher

Seriously, if someone asked me what's my preferred pronoun, I'd tie the rainbow colored neuter's eyelashes to its asshairs. Thou shalt not suffer a gender-nonconformist to live.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom