Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh 2

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
wait were there realeased dlc for this game and are them included in the CE? that would be amazing
Yeah, if you make the mistake of clicking on the dlc button at the shrine the game suddenly turns into the new Vegas awakening scene and you get 5000000001391301248 pieces of DLC gear, one after the other... And you have to click every notification to get through it all.
Is dlc gear equippable at lv 1 and make you op thus ruining the game or only equippable once you reached the appropriate requisites? I don't want to take the fun out of the game
Equippable at level 1. I think the light suit requires 9 in an attribute for the special stuff to activate, but the special heavy armor works at base attribute level fully, but is a little above your max equipment load so you do need to pump 1 or 2 points into the relevant stat so dodging doesn't remove all your ki if you want to wear the complete set.

That being said, the weapons and armor are not that amazing or anything. Weapons have a bit more damage and some very basic extra buffs.
Don't know about how crafting and upgrading affect that, though.

The most useful aspect of the dlc gear is probably that the light armor set and one of the heavies have heal on kill attributes if you equip enough armor pieces.
Nice for basic exploring but not too overpowered imo. It's like 1/9th of your starting healthbar for the heavy armor skill, and a between 1/5th and 1/4th for the light one (but it needs higher stats than you start with to activate that skill/attribute/whatever).

There are also 3 trinkets, which give you kodama-sense, some other sense (forget which) respectively and also some basic buffs.
well , i'm a bit too purist, i think i will avoid these little buffs anyway, i prefer to do something to gain them

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Brute's counter seems to be much easier to pull off, in case anyone else was scratching their heads at the timing of those.
Each counter has its own enemies and types of attacks against which it excels, but which is the strongest/easier to pull off mostly depends on how you play and react. To me, the brute counter is absolutely the most unreliable one, while the feral counter is easy mode: once you master it, you can reliably counter everything with huge windows for mistakes. But you also find people online saying that the feral counter is useless, so I guess it's all a matter of personal preferences.
Wait are there different counters with different timings? how that works?

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Brute's counter seems to be much easier to pull off, in case anyone else was scratching their heads at the timing of those.
Each counter has its own enemies and types of attacks against which it excels

There are 3 different demon yokai forms - feral, brute and phantom.
Each of them has it's own burst counter ability.

Brute swings his club in a wide arc, this counter has a bit of a wind up time, and has to land before the enemy finish his attack, to literally interrupt it.
So it works best against slower attacks or if your reaction is very good.

Feral dashes forward and leaves an afterimage at his original spot. If an enemy's attack hit this afterimage, the enemy gets wrecked.
But this afterimage only lasts a couple of seconds, so it works best against attacks that hit fast.

I have not found a guardian spirit that grant the phantom form yet, so I have no idea how it works.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Each counter has its own enemies and types of attacks against which it excels, but which is the strongest/easier to pull off mostly depends on how you play and react. To me, the brute counter is absolutely the most unreliable one, while the feral counter is easy mode: once you master it, you can reliably counter everything with huge windows for mistakes. But you also find people online saying that the feral counter is useless, so I guess it's all a matter of personal preferences.
There are three types of guardian spirits: Brute, Feral, and Phantoms, and each type has a different counter. The Brute counter is an attack, the Phantom counter a block, and the Feral counter a dodge. Each counter is best suited for different attacks: for example, with the Feral one it's very easy to counter "charges", since it propels you towards the enemy and you don't have to time it perfectly; with the Phantom one it's easier to counter very fast attacks, since there's almost no delay in its activation; with the Brute one it's easier in general to activate the counter because you just need to hit the enemy, but it's slower than the other two so it's not suited to deal with everything.

A nice benefit of the Feral one is that it moves you forward like a dodge, so you can use it to counter an enemy that's far away from you or to get out of a tricky situation, since you can activate it whenever you want, even during an attack animation or while you are out of stamina. That's true also for the Brute and Phantom, but they're less useful in those spots because they don't move you forward.

Mojobeard

Augur
with the Brute one it's easier in general to activate the counter because you just need to hit the enemy, but it's slower than the other two so it's not suited to deal with everything.
What I've noticed is that I'm able to "screw up" the timing, where it looks like I'm tanking the hit, and still counter back. So while you do have to react early, the window appears to be long and pretty forgiving.

kreight

What could the reasoning be behind not having K&M input notifications in game? Not that I'm complaining, I'm genuinely interested to know why.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
well , i'm a bit too purist, i think i will avoid these little buffs anyway, i prefer to do something to gain them
FWIW I quickly found better gear within half an hour at most, esp. from the red ghost dudes you can summon to fight.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Lost few levels worth of amrita and few cores in second mission. I was confident enough to fight human enemies at this point, so clicked random red sword. And this fag opened fight with a bomb. And i'm ded.
Then died before reaching my corpse.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Better game than Monster Gurl Quest

EUbhDCBU0AA0Lnl.jpg

I screwed up my character trees and stats. Where can I respec?
afaik you can buy a reincarnation book from the blacksmith to reset stats just like Nioh 1 for 10k. You unlock the blacksmith around the end of the second mission.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

EUbhDCBU0AA0Lnl.jpg
Fuck mission 3. And fuck sneks. With passion. The only thing worse than snek is TWO sneks!

I'm halfway through mission 3 myself and slightly nervous as the mission 3 boss in the first Nioh was that fucking bitch Hino-Enma. I had such trouble with her first time around, (and second tbh.)

If Nioh 2 follows the same pattern, Mission 3 will be the 'git gud or summon' boss.

Reinhardt

Arcane

EUbhDCBU0AA0Lnl.jpg
Fuck mission 3. And fuck sneks. With passion. The only thing worse than snek is TWO sneks!

I'm halfway through mission 3 myself and slightly nervous as the mission 3 boss in the first Nioh was that fucking bitch Hino-Enma. I had such trouble with her first time around, (and second tbh.)

If Nioh 2 follows the same pattern, Mission 3 will be the 'git gud or summon' boss.
The only thing worse than TWO sneks is THREE SNEKS!:argh:
I thought i more or less learned my counter and then SUDDENLY it's not working.

EUbhDCBU0AA0Lnl.jpg

Just finished the 3rd area earlier. I think Enenra was harder than the 3rd areas boss.

Reinhardt

Arcane

EUbhDCBU0AA0Lnl.jpg

Just finished the 3rd area earlier. I think Enenra was harder than the 3rd areas boss.
Depends on your counter.

EUbhDCBU0AA0Lnl.jpg

Depends on your counter.
Haven't bothered using the demon parry since I'm bad at timing parries in action games.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Depends on your counter.
Haven't bothered using the demon parry since I'm bad at timing parries in action games.

Enenra was pretty easy to Demon parry as he had a big wind up to it and it was a slow-ish projectile. I was using phantom then and found it basically a free hit. Getting into the muscle memory of R2 and O when you see the red smoke seems like it'll be a good idea.

Reinhardt

Arcane
More or less learned how to fight sneks. If it's alone and crippled. Still fuck them.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I really want to like these sorts of games, but the fact that I'm old and suck makes it really difficult to git gud.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I really want to like these sorts of games, but the fact that I'm old and suck makes it really difficult to git gud.
IMO anyone should be able to go through the 1st difficulty of Nioh. There would be a few bosses you'd need 10+ runs at but the base difficulty is eminently doable.

(That's only for Nioh 1 tho, no idea how much the diff. is ramped up for Nioh 2).

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Yeah, no idea compared to 1. I figure I will need to do what I always do and just slow down and be methodical.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Not early in the game. Even in heavy armor there are things that still can hit you for more than your max hp.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom